Heralds vs. Streets: Melee/HTH Fight!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pillow Biter
*Heralds*

Orion
Wonder Woman
Thor
Hercules

vs.

*Streets*

Shang Chi
Shiva
Bronze Tiger
Daredevil

*Stips*

The Heralds are depowered to human levels--like they have been before in comics (most of them, at least). But they are at the same level of fitness (for their body type) that the streets are. They are used to their new limitations.

Everyone has access to a broad selection of extremely well-made, but mundane melee weapons of their choice. If Thor wants a a hammer, he gets one. Or a sword. But you start with whatever weapons you hold in your hands, and then get no more.

It's on a big field and everyone is willing to kill to win.

Everyone is used

Pillow Biter
I don't really have a take on this. I'm just curious how people feel.

Thor and Wonder Woman, for example, have some pretty good unpowered skill feats.

Delta1938
Are you using Pre-FLASHPOINT for DC, or has she been powerless Post-FLASHPOINT?

Pillow Biter
Open to either. Most of her pre and post FP differences seem to be about her powers and origins, I don't see anything that would really change how skilled she is when depowered. But I could be wrong.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Open to either. Most of her pre and post FP differences seem to be about her powers and origins, I don't see anything that would really change how skilled she is when depowered. But I could be wrong.

That's some shaky ground to give her Pre-FLASHPOINT Diana's skill feats, especially powerless ones.

Pillow Biter
Feel free to use OR rather than AND for WW. I'm more interested in using the fight to explore some things about comics than to find a definitive winner for these 8. But all comments or takes welcome.
I think WW was powerless for a while at the beginning of the new 52 and kicked some serious ass.
And for the Canon sticklers out there, Rebirth pretty much mucks things up. Especially for WW who is currently not sure what the **** is up with her origin or past. And we may even find out that Pre-FP Superman somehow IS post-FP Superman. It's all fuzzy at the moment.

deathslash
The street levelers absolutely wreck them. All of the people in team 1 are skilled for sure, but they cannot (while depowered) even come close to matching the feats of team 2.

Pillow Biter
I can make a good case for Wonder Woman hanging with the streets, but I'd have a lot less ammo for the other three on her team. Not saying it isn't out there, mind you.

riv6672
I'd have to hive the edge to the streets.

RealityWarper
Steve Austin's Iron Fist solos.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/team-ironfist-vs-akatsuki.406111/

I seriously laughed.

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
The street levelers absolutely wreck them. All of the people in team 1 are skilled for sure, but they cannot (while depowered) even come close to matching the feats of team 2.

Orion probably could. IIRC, he nearly defeated Mantis (greatest martial artist in the universe). And in the beginning of the battle, he was in pacifist mode.

h1a8
Streets

Delta1938
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Feel free to use OR rather than AND for WW. I'm more interested in using the fight to explore some things about comics than to find a definitive winner for these 8. But all comments or takes welcome.
I think WW was powerless for a while at the beginning of the new 52 and kicked some serious ass.
And for the Canon sticklers out there, Rebirth pretty much mucks things up. Especially for WW who is currently not sure what the **** is up with her origin or past. And we may even find out that Pre-FP Superman somehow IS post-FP Superman. It's all fuzzy at the moment.

.....I don't even want to think about reading REBIRTH until everything is done..... assuming they make things clear at the end.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack M
Orion probably could. IIRC, he nearly defeated Mantis (greatest martial artist in the universe). And in the beginning of the battle, he was in pacifist mode.

Valkyra or something like that was her name. He was getting his ass kicked until that being a pussy from what The Source did to him wore off, then he started winning, but Highfather interrupted before it finished. He has other stuff too, some I'd say better.

On a side note she was his teacher originally.....and after that fight they started ****ing. Lightray was wondering why he was still with her at her place and in a robe instead of his normal clothes.

Zack M
Originally posted by Delta1938
Valkyra or something like that was her name. He was getting his ass kicked until that being a pussy from what The Source did to him wore off, then he started winning, but Highfather interrupted before it finished. He has other stuff too, some I'd say better.

On a side note she was his teacher originally.....and after that fight they started ****ing. Lightray was wondering why he was still with her at her place and in a robe instead of his normal clothes.

thumb up yeah, that's her name. Forgot.

riv6672
Lightray's a bit fim isnt he.

RealityWarper
Raaaaaaaaaah but nobody talks about Steve Austin's Iron Fist...

I'm devastated !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.