Did the general public know that Dooku was a sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk

Syndicate
I don't think the public knows Dooku is a Sith.

Nephthys
"Unlike the Republic, corporations do not rule us. They just provide us with our armies, our fleets, our military leadership and just so happen to be the founding members of our movement."

lol

Syndicate
thumb up

NewGuy01
The public don't know shit. Didn't even know Vader was a Sith.

Kurk
Do you think Padme knows? Or is Anakin forbidden from even telling her the truth about what happened to his arm?

Syndicate
Padme probably knows I would think.

Kurk
Then why would she idiotically try to threaten Dooku with a gun? And why didn't she tell her separatist friend the truth when she brought him up?

Syndicate
*Shrug*

Selenial
I don't know why they wouldn't know he was a Sith.

The galaxy never distinguished between the ideologies of Sith and Jedi, as it was impossible to tell the difference between the two due to propaganda. The only thing swaying opinion in the Galaxy was war crimes and the like, which Dooku covered up and launched one of the most successful propaganda campaigns in galactic history.

What's interesting is how many seperatists didn't see Dooku as their leader/ruler, merely the individual coordinating their military. They were happy putting up with Ventress and Grievous, I don't see why they'd favour Dooku any less. For them, following "The Dark Side" is no different to abandoning the laws of the Republic, imho. The Galaxy would see it as nothing more than him walking away from a corrupt ideal and being branded a traitor because of it.

Kurk
Okay but I mean do they know he's a dangerous individual with force powers.

Selenial
Well yes, since everyone knew he was an ex-Jedi.

He carried a ****ing Lightsaber everywhere erm

relentless1
Everybody knew Dooku was a Jedi so Padme trying to blast him is just idiocy on her part.

As far as the Sith go, nobody in the galaxy save the Jedi and certain senators like organa knew about the Sith and even fewer knew that Palpatine was one, let alone Dooku or Vader even. Its explicitly stated in Lords of the Sith that the Emperor made sure there was nobody around to witness his abilities when he and Vader had to defend themselves.

quanchi112
Hmmm.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk
Then why would she idiotically try to threaten Dooku with a gun? And why didn't she tell her separatist friend the truth when she brought him up?

I don't remember that, but in AOTC when chasing Dooku she says "we're going to need help" even though Obi-Wan and Anakin were with her.

So she seemed to have a better idea of how powerful he is than Obi-Wan did erm

Chosen_Sith
Everyone thought Dooku was a fallen Jedi. Near the end of the clone wars t.v. series the gang called him Tyranus. Obi Wan's response was "Tyranus? You're Darth Tyranus???"

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I don't remember that, but in AOTC when chasing Dooku she says "we're going to need help" even though Obi-Wan and Anakin were with her.

So she seemed to have a better idea of how powerful he is than Obi-Wan did erm
Here. It's actually pretty funny now that I think of it
https://youtu.be/J6qwQslIufE?t=4m6s

Nephthys
I think its more funny that Anakin can't support the weight of two people actually. Meteor impact strikes indeed. laughing

NewGuy01
Obviously that was an excuse to drop that bastard Clovis.

Kurk
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Obviously that was an excuse to drop that bastard Clovis. thumb up

darthbane77
I'm sure that some people knew, as for the general public, I'm not positive anybody even knew what a Sith WAS at that time. The Sith had been gone for centuries by then, so even if they did know he was a Sith, they probably didn't know exactly what that meant.

Kurk
Bump:

Hondo--a common pirate scum--knew, so why wouldn't the public?

Actually, Dooku couldn't swallow his pride and he revealed it to them. I'm giving Dooku a dumbass point here:
https://youtu.be/kg2wr1yl44g?t=1m46s

relentless1
I always love the pre Phantom menace books like Shadow Hunter where regular folks come to the conclusion that Maul must be a Sith; its treated as a boogey man myth of sorts and I think thats the attitude that 99% of the Galaxy have about them. Filoni brings up a great point in an interview where he says that much of the galaxy at large have never even met a Jedi up close which fits with Han Solos stance on the Force being a bunch of hokey superstition in ANH. We take Force users for granted because all the stories revolve around them but if youre just some joe alderaan then I doubt you've ever met a Jedi, only heard stories about them at best and even less about the Sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.