Comparisons between Maul and Vader in season two finale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Maul came out undoubtedly better off as a result of this episode than Vader did. What are your thoughts on the comparisons of the portrayals of both characters in this episode ?

Trocity
Originally posted by quanchi112
Maul came out undoubtedly better off as a result of this episode than Vader did.

Maul got thrown off a cliff by a blind man. erm

Fated Xtasy
There's absolutely no comparison.

Ahsoka was established as Kanan Superior by demolishing all of the inquisitors. Kanan struggles against them.

Ahsoka at this point is capable of contending with Darth Vader.

Maul got one shotted. Vader is absolutely above Maul. Get over it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Maul got thrown off a cliff by a blind man. erm Ok, I see where this is going. Sheep mentality. Let me illuminate your skewed opinion which was shaped by others.

First off he defeated Kanan. He blinded him. That's hugely significant. He killed multiple Inquisitors and showed himself to be more dominating than either Tano or Kanan against them. He planted the seeds to lure Ezra to the dark side. He manipulated all the good guys to ultimately aid in his agenda. Maul is on his own side.

Vader acts in the service of the emperor. He also had the aid of the Inquisitors who were all put out of their misery. Vader shows up. Vader shows he can force push Tano but this made no lasting effect just as Maul wasn't hurt by falling off either. Tano previously force pushed him so it showed he is susceptible to her force attacks as well. What's even more amusing is that she showed up and wrecked his helmet. Vader was unable to act in time to stop her charge and slashing attack. Vader then attacks her with her attention diverted and she holds her own again.

Vader is seen hobbling and injured at the end of the episode. Maul is seen flying off planet completely unaffected in his tie fighter. Maul blinded Kanan, killed two Inquisitors, tempted Ezra, and escaped off world.

Vader showed up, failed to lure Tano, was badly hurt by Tano, failed to even injure her or anyone for that matter, and hobbled like a broken and cyborg as the episode faded to blade.

Ps. Being blind and using the force makes no difference. We see ANH Luke block laser fire with little to no training blindfolded.

As I said Maul came out way more effective than gimpy Vader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
There's absolutely no comparison.

Ahsoka was established as Kanan Superior by demolishing all of the inquisitors. Kanan struggles against them.

Ahsoka at this point is capable of contending with Darth Vader.

Maul got one shotted. Vader is absolutely above Maul. Get over it.

Look at what Tano did to him.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/67849994cbf8f2dc62959cc5a9890c8f/tumblr_o4w05ub2pO1s6fqh2o1_500.gif

Ps. What did Maul do to Kanan ? Blinded him. What has Vader ever done to Kanan ? Answer: nothing.

Pps. Get over it.

Trocity
Maul admitted inferiority to Vader.

Very poor troll, my friend.

Fated Xtasy

Very poor troll, my friend.

thumb up

darthbane77
Vader>>>Maul, pretty sure Maul himself said he can't defeat Vader.

Fated Xtasy
What has Vader ever done to Kanan ?

thumb up

Choke on your own words.

Beniboybling
He's too busy gagging on Maul's cock. thumb up

Deronn_solo
Quan opinions are shit, yeah. laughing out loud

Kurk
I think Maul is severely underrated and should be able to defeat rebels Vader handily in a fight.

I also think that Dooku is a weak ass man who died pathetically. Kenobi is faster than slow-poke Dooku.

quanchi112

Very poor troll, my friend. That is an opinion. We haven't seen the two go head to head. Maul did fine against Tano Vader's former student who walked away fine while he hobbled away. Quit excusing facts in place of opinions. Horrific debating 101.

quanchi112
thumb up

Choke on your own words. Kanan force pushed him and got away. He survived against Vader. He was blinded by Maul and saved by Tano. I know these facts seem to be getting in the way of your bias but try to be a little objective in the future.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Quan opinions are shit, yeah. laughing out loud Ironic coming from a self admitted troll. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
I think Maul is severely underrated and should be able to defeat rebels Vader handily in a fight.

I also think that Dooku is a weak ass man who died pathetically. Kenobi is faster than slow-poke Dooku.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f1f30c2ce4380ccab2fc691a354e09df/tumblr_msgntk7Qyi1rlheeoo2_r1_250.gif

Darth Thor
Oh poor Quan. That last Rebels episode made him all out delirious.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh poor Quan. That last Rebels episode made him all out delirious. How does Vader look by episodes end in comparison to Maul ? How did Maul get off the planet ?
If you can't refute my points you concede.

darthbane77
That is an opinion. We haven't seen the two go head to head. Maul did fine against Tano Vader's former student who walked away fine while he hobbled away. Quit excusing facts in place of opinions. Horrific debating 101. No, it's not his opinion. Maul admitted inferiority to Vader he said he can't fight Vader alone.

quanchi112
Originally posted by darthbane77
No, it's not his opinion. Maul admitted inferiority to Vader he said he can't fight Vader alone. That is Maul's opinion you illiterate boob. If I say someone will beat me without facing me that's an opinion until we battle. You don't even know what an opinion is.

Maul is also a master manipulator. He tried killing Kanan later on as well as Tano. So please quit picking and choosing what he meant and what he didn't mean. smile

Fated Xtasy
Kanan force pushed him and got away. He survived against Vader. He was blinded by Maul and saved by Tano. I know these facts seem to be getting in the way of your bias but try to be a little objective in the future.

Nope. Now get the **** off my SW section, heathen.

Deronn_solo
Ironic coming from a self admitted troll. laughing out loud

My opinions are pretty tight, tho. Too bad the same can't be said about you.

darthbane77
That is Maul's opinion you illiterate boob. If I say someone will beat me without facing me that's an opinion until we battle. You don't even know what an opinion is.

Maul is also a master manipulator. He tried killing Kanan later on as well as Tano. So please quit picking and choosing what he meant and what he didn't mean. smile
Lol, illiterate. Maul is extremely arrogant, always has been ALWAYS, even in TCW thinking he could take the title of Sith Lord without Sidious noticing. If a Sith, or somebody with the mindset of a Sith, claims inferiority to somebody, chances are they legitimately belive they can't defeat ___on their own. Look at Vader, he knew he needed Luke's help to overthrow Sidious, it's the same with Maul and Vader. Maul knows he can't do it on his own. Plus, there's nothing in the Rebels finale that even close to suggests that Maul is superior to Vader, NOTHING. Maul was defeated, DEFEATED by a BLIND MAN. Kanan couldn't even effectively fight two Inquisitors, yet Ahsoka stomped them, and Vader bested Ahsoka in their initial duel. Vader is superior, plain and simple.

quanchi112
Nope. Now get the **** off my SW section, heathen. What I said is true. Your opinion doesn't take into account the facts. Vader was absolutely humiliated and failed to even injure Tano. Vader doesn't fare too well against these rebels. Who took his ship ?

laughing out loud

quanchi112
My opinions are pretty tight, tho. Too bad the same can't be said about you. Based on ?

quanchi112
Lol, illiterate. Maul is extremely arrogant, always has been ALWAYS, even in TCW thinking he could take the title of Sith Lord without Sidious noticing. If a Sith, or somebody with the mindset of a Sith, claims inferiority to somebody, chances are they legitimately belive they can't defeat ___on their own. Look at Vader, he knew he needed Luke's help to overthrow Sidious, it's the same with Maul and Vader. Maul knows he can't do it on his own. Plus, there's nothing in the Rebels finale that even close to suggests that Maul is superior to Vader, NOTHING. Maul was defeated, DEFEATED by a BLIND MAN. Kanan couldn't even effectively fight two Inquisitors, yet Ahsoka stomped them, and Vader bested Ahsoka in their initial duel. Vader is superior, plain and simple. So again you choose to ignore his actions of trying to kill Tano and Kanan. He needed Ezra iyo to get over the hump ? Are you seriously this naive ? He lied and made them feel more relevant until he got what he wanted. He then proceeded to dispatch of them.

Vaser killed Palpatine on his own with one hand. For ****s sake I can't people you people type out such nonsense. You think debating is vague statements made by manipulative, deceptive characters. Screw facts and the evidence.

laughing out loud

darthbane77
So again you choose to ignore his actions of trying to kill Tano and Kanan. He needed Ezra iyo to get over the hump ? Are you seriously this naive ? He lied and made them feel more relevant until he got what he wanted. He then proceeded to dispatch of them.

Vaser killed Palpatine on his own with one hand. For ****s sake I can't people you people type out such nonsense. You think debating is vague statements made by manipulative, deceptive characters. Screw facts and the evidence.

laughing out loud

He didn't kill Palpatine in a fair fight though, he did it while Palpatine was distracted. Vader knew he couldn't take Palpatine in a fair fight. Again, TRYING to kill Ahsoka and Kana, which he failed at MISERABLY. He was thrown off a cliff by a blind guy and couldn't even touch Ahsoka, who was later stomped on by Vader. I'm not ignoring facts, none of us are, your opinion just has no solid evidence.

quanchi112
He didn't kill Palpatine in a fair fight though, he did it while Palpatine was distracted. Vader knew he couldn't take Palpatine in a fair fight. Again, TRYING to kill Ahsoka and Kana, which he failed at MISERABLY. He was thrown off a cliff by a blind guy and couldn't even touch Ahsoka, who was later stomped on by Vader. I'm not ignoring facts, none of us are, your opinion just has no solid evidence. He killed Palpatine unarmed and dehanded. Again you are making this up based off vague statements and your bias running wild.

Maul would have killed Kanan had it not been for Tano. Correct me if I'm wrong but Vader declared he'd kill her. Did he ? laughing out loud

Did Maul change Kanan for life ? Has Vader ever changed Kanan for life ? Nah.
What happened to Vader's helmet ? laughing out loud

Vader caused no damage to Tano. She wrecked his helmet. Vader claimed he was going to kill her. Did he ? laughing out loud

Kanan used the force. Luke could block laser fire with little training in ANH. Acting as if he's just some blind guy is trolling. Maul was overconfident but was no worse for the wear. Kanan and Ezra force pushed Vader before to escape. Let's not forget that, kiddo.

At the end of the episode Tano walked away fine. Vader walked away hobbling away.

By the way who stole Vader's ride ?

https://66.media.tumblr.com/82ce3f5034abfab1531ef77a9ab4ae49/tumblr_n0r9iajlML1ts4ubeo1_500.gif

darthbane77
He killed Palpatine unarmed and dehanded. Again you are making this up based off vague statements and your bias running wild.

Maul would have killed Kanan had it not been for Tano. Correct me if I'm wrong but Vader declared he'd kill her. Did he ? laughing out loud

Did Maul change Kanan for life ? Has Vader ever changed Kanan for life ? Nah.
What happened to Vader's helmet ? laughing out loud

Vader caused no damage to Tano. She wrecked his helmet. Vader claimed he was going to kill her. Did he ? laughing out loud

Kanan used the force. Luke could block laser fire with little training in ANH. Acting as if he's just some blind guy is trolling. Maul was overconfident but was no worse for the wear. Kanan and Ezra force pushed Vader before to escape. Let's not forget that, kiddo.

At the end of the episode Tano walked away fine. Vader walked away hobbling away.

By the way who stole Vader's ride ?

https://66.media.tumblr.com/82ce3f5034abfab1531ef77a9ab4ae49/tumblr_n0r9iajlML1ts4ubeo1_500.gif
You're ignoring the simple fact that Vader could NEVER defeat Palpatine in single combat, he grabbed Palpatine while he was distracted and that is the ONLY reason Palpatine didn't curbstomp Vader then and there, that's fact, ask anybody. Vader DEFEATED Tano in their duel, that's also fact, it wasn't until Tano sneak attacked Vader that he was actually hurt. Pay attention to their duel, Vader was winning the whole time. You're obviously biased for Maul or against Vader, any other Star Wars fan who know anything will tell you Vader is superior to Maul. You're using circumstances in a very specific event to claim Maul's superiority over Vader, but comparing their feats and abilities, even just in DIsney's canon, it's obvious to anybody that Vader is superior to Maul.

quanchi112
You're ignoring the simple fact that Vader could NEVER defeat Palpatine in single combat, he grabbed Palpatine while he was distracted and that is the ONLY reason Palpatine didn't curbstomp Vader then and there, that's fact, ask anybody. Vader DEFEATED Tano in their duel, that's also fact, it wasn't until Tano sneak attacked Vader that he was actually hurt. Pay attention to their duel, Vader was winning the whole time. You're obviously biased for Maul or against Vader, any other Star Wars fan who know anything will tell you Vader is superior to Maul. You're using circumstances in a very specific event to claim Maul's superiority over Vader, but comparing their feats and abilities, even just in DIsney's canon, it's obvious to anybody that Vader is superior to Maul. Could never is speculative. We see him kill the old coot with one hand. You again are inserting your speculative opinion because you don't like the fact a one handed Vader killed Palpatine and easily. That's your opinion and I go by the evidence not the majority. Think for yourself my enemy.

Force pushing her away didn't keep her from returning. Vader has precog and she darted the entire length of the floor to **** him up. That's inexcusable. He tried to attack her with her back turned and he still didn't injure her. Pathetic.

Yes, I am contesting Vader's superiority. Wait until these two fight because I bet you'll ignore the context there as well. Maul blinded Kanan. Vader never did something that severe to Kanan. Vader shows up and gets beaten without any lasting effect unlike Maul. Maul took his ride and didn't end the episode hobbling after he failed to even injure his former apprentice. Absolutely pitiful showing by Vader.

Where are you at Darth Thor ? You ignore the facts and Vader's embarrassing showing like always. Face me, coward.

darthbane77
Could never is speculative. We see him kill the old coot with one hand. You again are inserting your speculative opinion because you don't like the fact a one handed Vader killed Palpatine and easily. That's your opinion and I go by the evidence not the majority. Think for yourself my enemy.

Force pushing her away didn't keep her from returning. Vader has precog and she darted the entire length of the floor to **** him up. That's inexcusable. He tried to attack her with her back turned and he still didn't injure her. Pathetic.

Yes, I am contesting Vader's superiority. Wait until these two fight because I bet you'll ignore the context there as well. Maul blinded Kanan. Vader never did something that severe to Kanan. Vader shows up and gets beaten without any lasting effect unlike Maul. Maul took his ride and didn't end the episode hobbling after he failed to even injure his former apprentice. Absolutely pitiful showing by Vader.

Where are you at Darth Thor ? You ignore the facts and Vader's embarrassing showing like always. Face me, coward.
Are you ****ing dense? There are quotes DIRECTLY SAYING that Vader wouldn't be able to defeat Sidious in combat, that's undisputable, being that Sidious is confirmed as the single most powerful Sith Lord in history. Again, look at their feats and compare them, Vader is FAR superior to Maul.

darthbane77
I'm done with this debate, tired of arguing with people who know nothing. There is nothing to suggest that Maul is superior to Vader, and when they finally do fight, Vader will curbstomp Maul. DarthAnt warned me about trolls, but I didn't expect this lol.

Trocity
Are you ****ing dense? There are quotes DIRECTLY SAYING that Vader wouldn't be able to defeat Sidious in combat, that's undisputable, being that Sidious is confirmed as the single most powerful Sith Lord in history. Again, look at their feats and compare them, Vader is FAR superior to Maul.

I'll give you a tip; don't bother. Quan trolls and relishes the replies, it's just what he does. You can't defeat quan logic, not permanently anyway. For example:

>Jango made Mace retreat all by himself, it had nothing to do with a bunch of super battle droids advancing on him and firing at him, as well as Dooku standing immediately next to him.
>Khan totally only ran away from Spock cuz the Enterprise was coming.

It is a cancer you can do without, my friend.

darthbane77
I'll give you a tip; don't bother. Quan trolls and relishes the replies, it's just what he does. You can't defeat quan logic, not permanently anyway. For example:

>Jango made Mace retreat all by himself, it had nothing to do with a bunch of super battle droids advancing on him and firing at him, as well as Dooku standing immediately next to him.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the info.

Darth Thor
"Where are you at Darth Thor ? You ignore the facts and Vader's embarrassing showing like always. Face me, coward." - Quanchi112

Quanchi literally the only embarrassing thing here is you. Not 1 person here is taking you seriously, and you're in the Star Wars forum, where people eat, breathe and sleep Star Wars.

There's plenty of Maul fans here and yet you have no one siding with you, because you're talking utter nonsense.

Your obsession with me has made you completely delirious. Get professional help. You need it.

darthbane77
lol, truth.

playa1258
Vader is easily superior.

Unbowed
When it comes to portrayal strictly in that episode I'd say Filoni didn't shy away from making the point that Vader was the big cheese, given his entrance and what not.

Now I personally think Filoni has his head up his ass, but that doesn't change what happened in Rebels.

Rebel95
Quan is in such denial lol

Kurk
Quanchi makes some good points. Maul does in fact have better showings than Vader. Vader struggled against Tano who Maul was defeating up until she ran away. Vader failed to kill Kanan and Ezra and was made a laughing stock when the walker fell upon him. Maul pwned all of the Inquisitors in a quick fashion unlike Vader.

Darth Thor
Quanchi makes some good points. Maul does in fact have better showings than Vader. Vader struggled against Tano who Maul was defeating up until she ran away. Vader failed to kill Kanan and Ezra and was made a laughing stock when the walker fell upon him. Maul pwned all of the Inquisitors in a quick fashion unlike Vader.

laughing out loud

Oh and I get your name now Kurk

The_Tempest
Gotta give it to Vader here. Maul being upstaged by Kanan was absolute bullshit.

Rebel95
You're joking right

quanchi112
Are you ****ing dense? There are quotes DIRECTLY SAYING that Vader wouldn't be able to defeat Sidious in combat, that's undisputable, being that Sidious is confirmed as the single most powerful Sith Lord in history. Again, look at their feats and compare them, Vader is FAR superior to Maul. Sidious killed his own master in his sleep. Who is to say he even needs to kill him in fair combat. GTFO. Most ironic thing is Vader killed him with one hand. So what if he's the most powerful that doesn't mean he is unbeatable. Windu bested his ass. Even Palpatine stated Vader will become more powerful than either of us. Boom.

No Vader is not. He also has slower movement speed and we see how slow he was to react to Tano closing on him with all of his supposed precognition. Maul by his lonesome is referred to as the shadow and took Vader's own ship while he gimped on by. I can't wait until the show proves me to be correct. This episode is more proof in Maul's favor. Run from me you coward.

The_Tempest
Maul by his lonesome is referred to as the shadow

thumb up

If that's not proof of superiority over Vader, I don't know what is.

Kurk
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Gotta give it to Vader here. Maul being upstaged by Kanan was absolute bullshit.
That was only because the plot called for it. Maul would have bested Kanan so quickly had he not had plot armor. Maul pushed back Ahsoka forcing her to flee. Vader stalemated with Tano at best. Maul > Vader. Stop being ignorant.

Deronn_solo
I like how Kurk says I do nothing positive on these boards, but now he's trolling alongside Quanchi. mmm

Talk about the African calling a American nigga black. laughing out loud

quanchi112
"Where are you at Darth Thor ? You ignore the facts and Vader's embarrassing showing like always. Face me, coward." - Quanchi112

Quanchi literally the only embarrassing thing here is you. Not 1 person here is taking you seriously, and you're in the Star Wars forum, where people eat, breathe and sleep Star Wars.

There's plenty of Maul fans here and yet you have no one siding with you, because you're talking utter nonsense.

Your obsession with me has made you completely delirious. Get professional help. You need it. Then accept a battlezone against me to prove you actually have something in between your legs. Be a man.

Yes, I know but I've also been conceived in the comic vs forum where people love, breathe, and eat comics which has ten times the source material as Star Wars.

I am not talking utter nonsense. I do not care if others are too afraid to voice their support of my Maul or not. Maul is a game changer and despite the resources of the empire, the inquisitors, and Vader no one apprehended Maul. Vader failed to acquire the Sith holocron, failed to persuade Tano, and failed to kill her. He in turn was facially ****ed hardcore as well as lost his ride. Nothing he showed xo,bat wise showed an utter superiority to even his former student Tano. He Bfrd her momentarily. Big deal. She came back to wreck his helmet and provided Kanan and Ezra the opening to once again escape humiliating Vader and the empire further.

Maul figured out how to acquire the holocron while Vader stood stupidified asking Ezra to tell him. Another point for Maul. Vader at the end of the day is a broken man twisted by his master while Maul serves no agenda save his own.

smile

quanchi112
That was only because the plot called for it. Maul would have bested Kanan so quickly had he not had plot armor. Maul pushed back Ahsoka forcing her to flee. Vader stalemated with Tano at best. Maul > Vader. Stop being ignorant. Fight my apprentice the sheep and their perpetuated myths. Fight on.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/45d43507e4de6ad15844728872b21aa5/tumblr_inline_o0v8j1C83a1sitho5_500.gif

Kurk
I like how Kurk says I do nothing positive on these boards, but now he's trolling alongside Quanchi. mmm

Talk about the African calling a American nigga black. laughing out loud
again, ironic coming from a self-proclaimed troll like yourself. Why don't you present some tangible arguments for a change instead of insulting people. What a hypocrite.

Darth Abonis
Maul lost due to a fluke I believe. On even ground, he would pose a big challenge to Vader as he is able to contend with Sidious.

quanchi112

http://67.media.tumblr.com/ba70d4259ef00599ac0d1538ec951bd7/tumblr_inline_ngxvlvUEAr1rkygkg.gif

I guess Mace was cold and the fire on his robes was something he enjoyed because a breeze just came by. He jumped to further avoid the rest of the breeze. The flamethrower was helping Mace out.

Khan fled because Spock had a gun.

Fated Xtasy
This just in! 1 person out of the entire SW section agrees with Quanchi.

Moderators have scurried to hold back the mad mob within SW section. More, at eleven.

quanchi112
again, ironic coming from a self-proclaimed troll like yourself. Why don't you present some tangible arguments for a change instead of insulting people. What a hypocrite.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/d3607dfe7b3dccf4378cb2d3d68edf72/tumblr_nt4sg7CF0b1sl21koo1_500.gif

quanchi112

Moderators have scurried to hold back the mad mob within SW section. More, at eleven. The evidence is all that matters. I guess you put more importance onto popularity than you do the actual facts. Do not ignore the facts my dear friend.

Kurk
Fight my apprentice the sheep and their perpetuated myths. Fight on.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/45d43507e4de6ad15844728872b21aa5/tumblr_inline_o0v8j1C83a1sitho5_500.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/BCiZwK4r4tQOs/giphy.gif

Kurk

Moderators have scurried to hold back the mad mob within SW section. More, at eleven.
You will Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

You will discover the truth soon enough in rebels season 3. Too bad your arrogance blinds you.

quanchi112
http://38.media.tumblr.com/71de3add3da1365ac1aefbfc45bf9110/tumblr_nlde44PGiQ1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Fated Xtasy
The evidence is all that matters.

"Evidence, huh? Funny way of spelling bullshit.

Considering I'm HBIC of creating unknown character RTs, I'd say Thats not true.

Not at all.

I'm not ignoring facts, hun. #1, because it's a steaming pile of shit. #2, because I'm ignoring you, k?

-----------------------------

BREAKING NEWS: Stores around the world report an increase in Bleach and Painkiller sales at an all time high. Moderators have stated they have lost several users, could it be connected? More at eleven.

quanchi112
"Evidence, huh? Funny way of spelling bullshit.

Not at all.

I'm not ignoring facts, hun. #1, because it's a steaming pile of shit. #2, because I'm ignoring you, k?

-----------------------------

BREAKING NEWS: Stores around the world report an increase in Bleach and Painkiller sales at an all time high. Moderators have stated they have lost several users, could it be connected? More at eleven. Feel free to point out from my posts what specifically is bullshit. Responding to someone isn't ignoring. So if you're going to ignore go all the way but if you seek to engage then back yourself up with logic or something factually based.

The_Tempest
Quan, I thought TI was your apprentice? mmm

quanchi112
thumb up

If that's not proof of superiority over Vader, I don't know what is. Did they abduct the elusive shadow ? What happened to the inquisitors, Vader, and his tie fighter ? What condition was Maul at by the end of the episode. Compare this to Vader and we can have a civil conversation if you'd like. Maul is his own man while Vader is the emperor's secretary.

Fated Xtasy
Feel free to point out from my posts what specifically is bullshit. Responding to someone isn't ignoring. So if you're going to ignore go all the way but if you seek to engage then back yourself up with logic or something factually based.

That would require effort, and me giving a damn. And have neither so... Yeh

Besides, everyone knows you don't believe this stuff yourself. I know I do wink

quanchi112
Quan, I thought TI was your apprentice? mmm The more the merrier.

Zenwolf

confused

quanchi112
That would require effort, and me giving a damn. And have neither so... Yeh

Besides, everyone knows you don't believe this stuff yourself. I know I do wink I completely believe in what I post. I hold myself to a higher standard. I act all of these fictional matches out irl and I only post after I have objectively decided the winner.

Kurk
I like how no one here is actually coming up with rebuttals but rather whining like the ignorant Vader fanboys you all are.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
confused

Head ***** In Charge. And my characters are incredibly unknown just look at Olin.

I completely believe in what I post. I hold myself to a higher standard. I act all of these fictional matches out irl and I only post after I have objectively decided the winner.

Interesting.

Nephthys
That was only because the plot called for it. Maul would have bested Kanan so quickly had he not had plot armor.

You say that, yet in season 3 we see that Maul dares no try to fight Kanan even when the conditions are utterly in his favor. He's a coward, which is to be expected considering his complete lack of balls.

Deronn_solo

Funny thing is - you don't have to be a self proclaimed troll because your retarded arguments portray that themselves. laughing out loud

None of this actually debunks my post though. You can't call me a troll when you're doing the same thing, LMAO.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
You say that, yet in season 3 we see that Maul dares no try to fight Kanan even when the conditions are utterly in his favor. He's a coward, which is to be expected considering his complete lack of balls. He tries to kill him. He is ruthless so what else do you expect ? How honorable was it for Tano to block the killing stroke ? You seem to ignore Maul's ruthless nature while ignoring someone else aiding him when he was soundly beaten. Maul took on Sidious do you honestly think he's afraid of Kanan ?

ares834
You say that, yet in season 3 we see that Maul dares no try to fight Kanan even when the conditions are utterly in his favor. He's a coward, which is to be expected considering his complete lack of balls.

You do realize Kurk is trolling, right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
You do realize Kurk is trolling, right? Nonsense. He's as serious as bone cancer. Deadly serious.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
You do realize Kurk is trolling, right?

You do realise I'm trolling too, right?

Kurk
Not at all, he has no time for fodder like Kanan. His new apprentice Ezra demands his full attention.
Funny thing is - you don't have to be a self proclaimed troll because your retarded arguments portray that themselves. laughing out loud

None of this actually debunks my post though. You can't call me a troll when you're doing the same thing, LMAO.
Again you attempt to insult me instead of coming up with an argument. Try something new for a change.

ares834
You do realise I'm trolling too, right?

mhmm

Kurk
My former clouded judgment and my blind admiration for Dooku hindered my ability to see Maul for what he truly is. I have been enlightened by Quanchi and now seek to convert the rest of you so you too may see the truth before you're all humiliated in season 3. Overcome your large egos and join the world of evidence and reason before you're made fun of.

Zenwolf
Head ***** In Charge. And my characters are incredibly unknown just look at Olin.

So are mine. wink

Fated Xtasy
So are mine. wink

Fine, I'll share the title :no1:

Co-HBICs then wink

quanchi112
My former clouded judgment and my blind admiration for Dooku hindered my ability to see Maul for what he truly is. I have been enlightened by Quanchi and now seek to convert the rest of you so you too may see the truth before you're all humiliated in season 3. Overcome your large egos and join the world of evidence and reason before you're made fun of. They are probably mouth breathers tbh.

darthbane77
Lol, just reading some of the comments is hilarious (not bad, legitimately funny), DarthAnt was right when he said there was a lot of joking on this site.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah Kurk's cracking me up.

Also I'm not sure if it's funny or worrying that Ares didn't get Neph was trolling Maul fans.

Maul being upstaged by Kanan was absolute bullshit.

Unforgivable.

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Maul lost due to a fluke I believe.

Doesn't matter. Vader would Never lose to Kanan. Dooku would never lose to Kanan. Heck no way they'd ever let Ahsoka lose to Kanan.

It was just total disrespect to the character.

chingchangwalla
Fluke or not it happened. And yes, Dooku or Vader would never have been beaten like that. It just shows how disgusting Rebels is and the injustice Filoni has done to Maul fans

Darth Thor
Anyone know where to complain to Filoni? It's probably too late as he's already done with most of S3 where he's no doubt finished Maul off, but I wana complain anyway.

chingchangwalla
Roast him on twitter

Nephthys
Doesn't matter. Vader would Never lose to Kanan.

*cough*1.58*cough*

Darth Thor
^ Yeah total loss. Never seen a more decisive loss eva...

Totally the same thing as getting physically overpowered and thrown off a cliff by a Blind Kanan.

Edit: Although technically that was Kanan and Ezra combined pushing Vader mmm, and Kanan wasn't blind.. So I think Vader still comes out looking better than Maul, if just barely..

chingchangwalla
*cough*1.58*cough*

Yep Vader got stomped. Kanan destroyed him...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Yep Vader got stomped. Kanan destroyed him...

Nah he had Ezra's help so doesn't count.

Peak Kanan + Ezra > Vader

Blind Kanan >>> Maul

So as we can clearly see Rebels S2 still overall has Vader >> Maul. But no one can compete with the combined power of Peak Kanan + Ezra.

Edit:

Also when Kanan told Ezra they were Lucky to survive Vader and have no hope of ever defeating him, It Was Only HIS OPINION. Their combined Feat of Pushing Vader >>> Kanan's own daft opinions. Probably just trying to teach Ezra some humility.

Ziggystardust
Thor, the a>b>c logic as per usual, is horrendous.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Thor, the a>b>c logic as per usual, is horrendous.

It's Perfect!

quanchi112
*cough*1.58*cough* Expect to hear a blatantly obvious double standard because d. Thor is a massive Vader fanboy. He also went on a rant about how piloting skills means he's more powerful than Palpatine and Yoda. The kid is an idiot.

quanchi112
Thor, the a>b>c logic as per usual, is horrendous. His bias is showing and as a debater he's absolutely a hypocrite. What he doesn't get is that Kanan and Ezra no matter how ludicrous will survive and that these two already got the better of Vader when their skills were far less than when Kanan ran into Maul who already bested him. Thing is Tano saved his life but he completely skims over that part.

Petrus
Wow, can't believe this thread is still going after 5 pages.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Petrus
Wow, can't believe this thread is still going after 5 pages. My forum activity is unrivaled. D. Thor couldn't refute a single point I made and ended up looking like a hypocrite when Kanan and Ezra temporarily bested Vader as well.

laughing out loud

Petrus
I guess you'll just have to accept the reality when Vader effectively wrecks Maul/when Maul gets beaten by Kanan and/or Ezra in Rebels S3. smile

Darth Thor
I guess you'll just have to accept the reality when Vader effectively wrecks Maul/when Maul gets beaten by Kanan and/or Ezra in Rebels S3. smile

Lol he's already declared his clear inferiority to Vader and been soundly beaten by a Blind Kanan. If that doesn't stop his trolling then nothing will.

He must have been Trolling Filoni about Maul being > Vader, Dooku and Kenobi, which is why Filoni is hating on Maul now.

Petrus
Lol he's already declared his clear inferiority to Vader and been beaten by a Blind Kanan. If that doesn't stop his trolling then nothing will.

The blind Kanan thing is questionable, but yeah. I believe the only way to stop him is when one of those things happens.

Darth Thor
The blind Kanan thing is questionable, but yeah. I believe the only way to stop him is when one of those things happens.

Of course it was a One-Off. No one here actually believes Kanan > Maul.

But it doesn't matter. Just the fact that it happened puts him below Vader. Vader could never lose a 1v1 against Kanan. Just couldn't happen.

quanchi112
I guess you'll just have to accept the reality when Vader effectively wrecks Maul/when Maul gets beaten by Kanan and/or Ezra in Rebels S3. smile We shall see. I never ignore the context. Never. Maul blinded him and would have killed him but Tano saved him. That gets completely glossed over just because Maul fell off the temple without accruing any injuries whatsoever.

quanchi112
Lol he's already declared his clear inferiority to Vader and been soundly beaten by a Blind Kanan. If that doesn't stop his trolling then nothing will.

He must have been Trolling Filoni about Maul being > Vader, Dooku and Kenobi, which is why Filoni is hating on Maul now. He fell off a temple. That to you is soundly beating someone ? I guess force pushing Vader is soundly beating him as well, hypocrite.

Maul lied to manipulate. Trying to eliminate both shows he doesn't need either of these two to best Vader. Maul lies. Get over it. You rely on deceptive statements used to manipulate a group of jedi and part timers.

Maul avoiding the empire and stealing Vader's ship isn't hating on Maul. Vader getting injured and hobbling away after not injuring anyone is pitiful.

Maul blinded Kanan. Vader grazed a shoulder. What's worse ?

laughing out loud

Ziggystardust
It is true, yes it is, that Maul's statement doesn't have to be taken at absolute face value and heralded as some undeniable fact. But even if we are sticking by it with one-hundred percent certainty, the statement is that Maul can not defeat Vader without help. That by itself doesn't preclude the idea of a stalemate or some prolonged death-match with a bloodied an bruised winner emerging from the fray. Vader vs Maul is hardly set in stone just yet, and until it's displayed on screen, it will always be a debate.

Kurk
It is true, yes it is, that Maul's statement doesn't have to be taken at absolute face value and heralded as some undeniable fact. But even if we are sticking by it with one-hundred percent certainty, the statement is that Maul can not defeat Vader without help. That by itself doesn't preclude the idea of a stalemate or some prolonged death-match with a bloodied an bruised winner emerging from the fray. Vader vs Maul is hardly set in stone just yet, and until it's displayed on screen, it will always be a debate.
You seem to have more intellect than these mouth-breathers at the very least.

Ziggystardust
It isn't exactly hard.

Kurk
It isn't exactly hard.
But it is for these one-sided sheep who can't seem to break free of their pre-conceived ideas. There is enough evidence to justify the claim that Maul could defeat Vader.

Trocity
Kurk goin' all high and mighty on us.

Kurk
Kurk goin' all high and mighty on us.
Keep cracking your jokes but ultimately it's going to be Quanchi and me who get the last laugh in the end when Maul pwns Vader in season 3.

Ziggystardust
I think Maul defeating Vader could be very... inspirational to say the least.

It would mean many people here having to re-shape their views of authorial intent, and why the only things that matter appear on screen, or in the text. In the end, it's source material that is important, and not Pablo Hidalgo's opinion.

Darth Thor
Keep cracking your jokes but ultimately it's going to be Quanchi and me who get the last laugh in the end when Maul pwns Vader in season 3.

And by that of course you mean when Maul force pushes Vader then runs.. Which of course will be enough for Quanchi to say for life "I told you.. What did I tell you.." Muhammad Ali style.

Kurk
And by that of course you mean when Maul force pushes Vader then runs.. Which of course will be enough for Quanchi to say for life "I told you.. What did I tell you.." Muhammad Ali style.
And when the Vader fanboys start to cry

Darth Thor

We don't HAVE TO take Maul's statement at face value, but it would be pretty uncharacteristic for Maul to admit that if he had a shot. I don't ever remember him saying any such thing about Obi-Wan Kenobi or Count Dooku.

Then there's the fact that the people he was trying to convince bought that part of his argument at least. No one was like "I don't buy his reasoning. He wouldn't be afraid to challenge Vader."

Now bear in mind he didn't try to manipulate them by saying "I can not defeat the Sith alone" or "I can not defeat the Empire alone," but specifically "I can not defeat Vader alone", which they all completely bought. And when asked about that line Sam Witwer and FPJ talked about how Protective Filoni is of Vader.

As for Filoni, he confirmed that the initial plan was for Maul to die to Vader in that episode, but they ultimately decided they wanted Maul around a little longer.

Then there's their respective fights on the show. Where Maul was stalemating Ahsoka, Vader was soundly defeating Ahsoka. Where Vader handles Kanan easily one handed and has him and Ezra running for their lives, Kanan, while blind defeats Maul 1 v 1.

Now yes he was obviously stretching through the Force to protect Ezra. Probably stretching beyond his means given how he falls right after defeating Maul. But the show's made it pretty clear there's no way Kanan could even challenge Vader, let alone defeat him.

So bearing all that in mind, I think we can safely take Maul's word for it that he can't defeat Vader alone.

As for a near stalemate, or a prolonged death match, that would be my preference, but going by the above evidence, I think it would be more of a Vader vs Ahsoka type fight.

Kurk

Then there's their respective fights on the show. Where Maul was stalemating Ahsoka, Vader was soundly defeating Ahsoka. Where Vader handles Kanan easily one handed and has him and Ezra running for their lives, Kanan, while blind defeats Maul 1 v 1.

Maul was beating Ahsoka, that's why she backed off. You could see the strain in her face.

Ahsoka was putting up a challenge for Vader. Some of his so-called reputation would have ended her in less than minute. Vader was too slow to keep up with her effectively. Look at what she did to his face. Vader had to rely on TK since he couldn't take her with sabers. Maul's fate to Kanan only happened because of plot armor and because the story called for it. Filoni can't think beyond that.

quanchi112
You seem to have more intellect than these mouth-breathers at the very least. thumb up

Ziggy can enter the First Order that we will create. It's a brave new world.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/0ab6c4465bd856859d654eb3b5b70789/tumblr_o2q8zuIqoE1qfy2kdo1_400.gif

quanchi112

It would mean many people here having to re-shape their views of authorial intent, and why the only things that matter appear on screen, or in the text. In the end, it's source material that is important, and not Pablo Hidalgo's opinion.

https://www.govloop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/star-wars-leadership-yoda-pass-on-what-you-have-learned.gif

NewGuy01

Indeed, it would do well to shake things up if that happened. The problem is, it won't happen; because the authorial intent is what drives what happens on-screen. And the message I'm getting from Filoni thusfar seems to be that Vader is a different class of villain than Maul in Rebels, much like Dooku was a different class of villain than Ventress in TCW.

Unbowed
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Indeed, it would do well to shake things up if that happened. The problem is, it won't happen; because the authorial intent is what drives what happens on-screen. And the message I'm getting from Filoni thusfar seems to be that Vader is a different class of villain than Maul in Rebels, much like Dooku was a different class of villain than Ventress in TCW.
Agreed.

I like Maul a lot, more than I like Vader or the vast majority of other SW characters. I've always been disgusted by the treatment he has received ever since Lucas first killed him in TPM, one of the biggest mistakes of the PT. I remember the sheer hype he had before TPM, and his appearance on screen was so visceral and primal.

Other than his moronic death, Maul was one of the highlights of the PT and I've always felt he was the biggest waste of character in any popular film franchise.

So while you could make the case Maul could possibly take Vader or that his statement about Vader should not be necessarily taken at face value(I've made both cases myself in a different thread), Filoni's intent - and let's face it, Lucas' intent also - is that Vader>Maul.

They have their heads up their asses and I don't like it, but it's the truth.

The_Tempest
They have their heads up their asses because they don't have Maul > Vader?

quanchi112
I will expect my pm box to fill up when the context proves me to be correct. Vader fans you still have time to change your minds and swear fealty to Maul, the shadow.

Kurk
I will expect my pm box to fill up when the context proves me to be correct. Vader fans you still have time to change your minds and swear fealty to Maul, the shadow.
thumb up yes

quanchi112
I see such great potential in Kurk. I think the rest of the forum fears the new changes in you.

Ziggystardust

Ziggystardust

quanchi112
Ziggy has adopted the new cause to shut down the double standards and the hypocrisy of Vader fanboys. Vader fanboys come and get me.

http://n8itude.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/tumblr_inline_nzzra0Z31m1rd33wt_500.gif

Darth Thor
Oh for f*** sake Ziggy I can't directly quote you cause the page is just blank. Had the same problem in the Dooku vs Vader thread which got really annoying in responding...

Zenwolf
Yeah that happens, it's annoying.

quanchi112
Oh for f*** sake Ziggy I can't directly quote you cause the page is just blank. Had the same problem in the Dooku vs Vader thread which got really annoying in responding... Deal with it. Your avoidance of logic and common sense when it comes to anything Vader related is very nauseating.

Darth Thor

Zenwolf
I'm not sure what everyone's deal is with this whole Vader thing, what specifically is the problem?

Darth Thor
I'm not sure what everyone's deal is with this whole Vader thing, what specifically is the problem?

They don't want to accept Maul's statement that he can't take Vader until it actually happens.

And even if it happens I'm guessing we will be hearing how Maul wasn't in his prime, which has already been suggested by the same parties.

Zenwolf
But didn't Dave or someone say that they didn't wanna shoehorn in a Vader vs Maul fight? Or something of that nature?

Darth Thor
But didn't Dave or someone say that they didn't wanna shoehorn in a Vader vs Maul fight? Or something of that nature?

I sure hope so. I don't want Maul to die to Ezra or Kanan, because I would have to send death threats to Filoni if that happened.

quanchi112
Facts

1.Maul blinds Kanan.
2.Vader injured his shoulder.
3.Kanan survives both encounters.
4.Tano flees Maul.
5.Tano won't leave Vader and she isn't injured at all.
6.Vader's helmet was seriously struck by Tano.
7.Maul killed two Inquisitors.

Ps. Thor fact bonus round. Hera out piloted him.

chingchangwalla
It's peak Vader guys :/ Filoni won't let Maul last a second against him

quanchi112
It's peak Vader guys :/ Filoni won't let Maul last a second against him

https://storage.googleapis.com/vidsums/253dce2f-e874-4861-9a9b-0d712422fe65_text.gif

Kurk
Facts

1.Maul blinds Kanan.
2.Vader injured his shoulder.
3.Kanan survives both encounters.
4.Tano flees Maul.
5.Tano won't leave Vader and she isn't injured at all.
6.Vader's helmet was seriously struck by Tano.
7.Maul killed two Inquisitors.

Ps. Thor fact bonus round. Hera out piloted him.
thumb up yes

What facts do you have Vader-boys?

quanchi112
We are decimating our enemies.

playa1258
Next we will hear how Maul/Khan can take out Primarch Sanguinius.

chingchangwalla
https://storage.googleapis.com/vidsums/253dce2f-e874-4861-9a9b-0d712422fe65_text.gif

I love Maul as much as you but you're blind. Rebels has already ****ed Maul, he's only there for Ezra's journey to the darkside and once that happens, he'll will probably get shot down by some stormtrooper

quanchi112
I love Maul as much as you but you're blind. Rebels has already ****ed Maul, he's only there for Ezra's journey to the darkside and once that happens, Maul will probably get shot down by some stormtrooper You clearly don't as you're confusing facts with your paranoia. Maul is there because he isn't dead. Maul still wants to go after his enemies. I bet you thought he wouldn't outlive the clone wars series. In the one episode he was in he killed two inquisitors that tormented the heroes all season, seduced Ezra closer to the dark side, and blinded Kanan. He also knew how to acquire the Sith holocron which Vader couldn't even ascertain despite the backing of an empire. Do not doubt Maul. Anyone who doubts him will be dealt with by me. This ILS fella has lost his nerve and his edge.

https://writingwithcats.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/adamacommandgif.gif

Darth Thor
Lmao @ the Quanchi facts. Do yourself a favour and let Ziggy handle the debating for the Maul defence camp.

quanchi112
Lmao @ the Quanchi facts. Do yourself a favour and let Ziggy handle the debating for the Maul defence camp. So you can't refute them. Are you blaming the quote function again ? I started this topic and the logic behind it. Ziggy realized it works. Your whole statements over actual source material is flat out ridiculous. As I said until it hits the screen they are just opinions. You act like a brainstorming session that doesn't hit the egenral public is actual evidence. Based off your horrendous logic Maul overpowered Sidious with his force powers. They even started the process with the animation department which went further than Vader supposedly killing him. They didn't animate that, kiddo.

Your hypocrisy is ringing alarm bells. Keep running, coward.

BazookaMaster
Quanchi, do you even like star wars or know anything about it lol?

quanchi112
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Quanchi, do you even like star wars or know anything about it lol? Yes, I do. I do not love the Ot trilogy as I'm sure most of you grew up with your nostalgic boners. I do love Snoke, Maul, the First Order and the current state of things and the promise of a better tomorrow. Debate with me or perish at the stroke of my keyboard.

BazookaMaster
Im not a debater lol

I mostly make threads

quanchi112
Im not a debater lol

I mostly make threads Watch me and learn. If you need any help my new apprentice Kurk will instruct you.

Darth Thor
Quanchi, do you even like star wars or know anything about it lol?

laughing out loud

That's a "No" to the first question.

As for the 2nd, he's learned a lot more since he began obsessing over me, but has a habit of twisting/ignoring/denying the facts he doesn't like, and clinging to the ones he does, just to try and annoy Star Wars fans. Especially fans of the OT.

He's actually a NUTrekkie. His whole mission here is to prove Khan can beat any Jedi/Sith in a fight.

Ziggystardust

Ziggystardust

Ziggystardust

Zenwolf
laughing out loud

That's a "No" to the first question.

As for the 2nd, he's learned a lot more since he began obsessing over me, but has a habit of twisting/ignoring/denying the facts he doesn't like, and clinging to the ones he does, just to try and annoy Star Wars fans. Especially fans of the OT.

He's actually a NUTrekkie. His whole mission here is to prove Khan can beat any Jedi/Sith in a fight.

He also ignores the EU, despite the fact he goes to the EU section...what logic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>