Superman or Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Between these two characters, which one have more dynamic showings?

Americarp
Spiderman

Flyattractor
Define "Dynamic".

carver9
Originally posted by Americarp
Spiderman

A good showing of dynamic would be his showing against Angrir. In the beginning his hits were doing nothing. He stepped it up and was able to hurt him. Trying to figure out who has more showings of dynamic strength between these two.

Vanguard
They both kinda suck. Superman is boring, and Spiderman is corny.

Americarp
Originally posted by carver9
A good showing of dynamic would be his showing against Angrir. In the beginning his hits were doing nothing. He stepped it up and was able to hurt him. Trying to figure out who has more showings of dynamic strength between these two.

Peter has psychic blocks but he also gets stronger when stressed.

carver9
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Define "Dynamic".

What im asking is Strength increase without holding back and not holding back being the case here.

Delta1938

Your denial doesn't change facts. Suck it!! mad laughing

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Your denial doesn't change facts. Suck it!! mad laughing

Who have more showings?

Americarp
Originally posted by Vanguard

Going to have to disagree friend, Superman should be much less boring than he is, but he's ruined. He should be cool, last son of a dead race and all that but everytime they introduce more Kryptonians, that's ruined. Spiderman is not always corny, some story-lines have been terribly dark.

Digi
They both have dozens, if not hundreds, like this. Their whole schtick is to hit their opponents with half-powered attacks while trying to think or talk their way through a better solution. Then they amp it up after the initial loss and whup the hell out of their opponent once they're upset.

The question, as posed, is unanswerable.

Americarp
Originally posted by Digi
They both have dozens, if not hundreds, like this. Their whole schtick is to hit their opponents with half-powered attacks while trying to think or talk their way through a better solution. Then they amp it up after the initial loss and whup the hell out of their opponent once they're upset.

The question, as posed, is unanswerable. Going to have to disagree friend, in my opinion Peter goes up far more tiers proportionally when going all out than Clark. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise but...

Digi
Proportionally? Maybe, because it's easier to double or triple, say, 10 tons than the already-incalculable amount Superman starts at. But they both do this on the reg.

Americarp
Originally posted by Digi
Proportionally? Maybe, because it's easier to double or triple, say, 10 tons than the already-incalculable amount Superman starts at. But they both do this on the reg. They do both do it regularly, and your point is valid that Superman starts almost peerless, but when Spiderman dials it up he does jump more levels than almost anyone else I can think of with the exception of perhaps Wolverine and Cap.

riv6672
The OP is hella vague, but i still dont think thats what he was getting at.

Besides, you're wrong on both counts anyway. stick out tongue

Vanguard
Going to have to disagree friend, Superman should be much less boring than he is, but he's ruined. He should be cool, last son of a dead race and all that but everytime they introduce more Kryptonians, that's ruined. Spiderman is not always corny, some story-lines have been terribly dark.

I'll admit, I don't read enough of Spiderman.

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672

Who is in your top five favorite?

Americarp
I'll admit, I don't read enough of Spiderman. The books have been hugely erratic over the last 50 years but when Spidey is written well, he is peerless.

carver9

Hulk has dynamic strength. The madder he gets the stronger he gets. Do you get it now? Dynamic isn't a hard word to understand. Maybe I need to word it different for others. Out of these two, which one has displayed the abilities of "getting stronger due to circumstances" the most. It can be any kind of emotion. Stress, rage, hell, crying if that's what you want to use. The thread is SIMPLE.

riv6672
Hulk has dynamic strength. The madder he gets the stronger he gets. Do you get it now? Dynamic isn't a hard word to understand. Maybe I need to word it different for others. Out of these two, which one has displayed the abilities of "getting stronger due to circumstances" the most. It can be any kind of emotion. Stress, rage, hell, crying if that's what you want to use. The thread is SIMPLE. calm down, teacup, save it fir your normal sparring partners.

riv6672
Who is in your top five favorite?
They'd both be in my top ten if i made a list.

golem370
Superman has gone down hill since Pre-Crisis days?

Vanguard
Nice. Now I know who to bust your balls about when you comment.

Rao Kal El
Superman because he can amp with out effort to half infinity.

quanchi112
Spiderman.

riv6672
Nice. Now I know who to bust your balls about when you comment. Me or Golem? stick out tongue

Vanguard
Me or Golem? stick out tongue

just you cool

Rao Kal El
Superman, because unlike Spiderman or Hulk he actually lifted half infinite. cool

riv6672
You can handle my balls all you like next time i comment on Spidey or Supes, but you arent going to bust them, guaranteed. thumb up

Delta1938
You can handle my balls all you like next time i comment on Spidey or Supes, but you arent going to bust them, guaranteed. thumb up

Um.....

riv6672
Well he's not telekinetic. wink

Vanguard
Um.....

lol. I know right. I had the same reaction.

Delta1938
Well he's not telekinetic. wink

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/62501086.jpg

riv6672
Better homosexual than homophobic. thumb up

Delta1938
Better homosexual than homophobic. thumb up

laughing Fail.

riv6672
Point proven.

StiltmanFTW

It wasn't a dynamic STR feat, for God's sake.

He hurt him eventually because he spam-punched one spot --- same as Classic Cage did to Doom.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/ranzero15/Reaction%20Pic/ReadNiggaRead_zpse82079de.gif

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It wasn't a dynamic STR feat, for God's sake.

He hurt him eventually because he spam-punched one spot --- same as Classic Cage did to Doom.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/ranzero15/Reaction%20Pic/ReadNiggaRead_zpse82079de.gif

laughing

abhilegend
Superman easily.

Carter fails again.

DarkSaint85

I would bet on the guy who has more showings, full stop.

So Superman, DC's golden boy.

Delta1938
Point proven.

You wouldn't recognize someone proving a point if you did it yourself. I say this, because you have proven my point. Throwing around "homophobe" over that is stupid and cheap. GG.

riv6672
You wouldn't recognize someone proving a point if you did it yourself. I say this, because you have proven my point. Throwing around "homophobe" over that is stupid and cheap. GG.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-90u-N7geY4Q/UyG8n3pw2gI/AAAAAAAAEOA/TR1mVSuXN9w/s1600/dfs.jpg

h1a8
Spider-man has the most showings of dynamic strength. Superman's showings are more or less his natural everyday strength. It was a few times he dropped his mental blocks completely and went all out. But that is only a few times. When Spidey is PISSED he goes up several levels. When Superman is PISSED then he still operates around the same level (a little more) because he still has the mental blocks on.

It is only fair we use proportions and not actual tonnage gained.
For example, Spidey tripling his strength is better than Superman gaining 1 million tons. This is because gaining 1 million tons is less than triple for Superman (although it is more than Spidey's triple increase lol).

Surtur

Superman is only boring when he isn't written correctly. On the other hand I think Spider-Man is supposed to be somewhat corny.

quanchi112
Point proven. laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I would bet on the guy who has more showings, full stop.

So Superman, DC's golden boy.

Pillow Biter
Superman is clearly presented as having a more dynamic element to his powers.
But yeah, it's kinda hard to match the Firelord beatdown, at least when looked at through a certain lens. But that's just one showing.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Which showings?

Sin I AM
The more i look at it i more i think neither have dynamic strength. (At one point Raoul convinced me of supermans but his power is waning).

Honestly i think Peter and Clark just like many other heroes have self imposed mental blocks or limitations that lessen the more dire the situation gets.

-Pr-
Don't make me punish you again.

DarkSaint85
All of them.

Superman has been around since the 30s. Spiderman, the 60s.

I will gamble any amount of money that Supes has more appearances than Spiderman. On top of that, we have Superman going from his normal levels to sneezing galaxies etc.

Lets just take post-crisis, if you want to make it fairer to Spidey. So since 1985. Again, I will bet that Superman - across Action Comics, JLA, Batman/Superman, Superman etc etc, will have more appearances than Spiderman. So out of all those showings, I bet he will have more examples than Spidey. Just because he appears in a gazillion more comics.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't make me punish you again.

Haha seriously though. Replace Supes and Bug boy with a more obscure hero with a decent history of feats. They all do it to a degree. They all rise to the occasion as the plot thickens.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Haha seriously though. Replace Supes and Bug boy with a more obscure hero with a decent history of feats. They all do it to a degree. They all rise to the occasion as the plot thickens.

Of course they do. When it comes to Superman though, his increase is so substantial that it goes beyond the realms of "I'm not holding back anymore". There are a fair number of characters that can do it, but it's a select few of them that have done it enough, and to such a large amount, that it has to be considered part of their powerset.

Delta1938

It doesn't matter what you think. It's an actual power of Superman's. Stories establish it. It's not at all what you're arguing. Carter and others are in denial. Don't be like carter and others.

quanchi112
Haha seriously though. Replace Supes and Bug boy with a more obscure hero with a decent history of feats. They all do it to a degree. They all rise to the occasion as the plot thickens. thumb up

Sin I AM
It doesn't matter what you think. It's an actual power of Superman's. Stories establish it. It's not at all what you're arguing. Carter and others are in denial. Don't be like carter and others.

Its been EXPLICITLY stated in a comic that he has that power? Not alluded to either i mean mentioned outright like flight or heat vision.

Delta1938
Its been EXPLICITLY stated in a comic that he has that power? Not alluded to either i mean mentioned outright like flight or heat vision.

Yes. He actually holds back to the point his powers are lessened. Not just he doesn't hit as hard. He literally holds back his stats. He's been powerless before and gone back to having powers on the fly, on at least 3 occasions, due entirely to his mental state. At least two major writers have said as much on his powers being dynamic, as well.

carver9
Yes. He actually holds back to the point his powers are lessened. Not just he doesn't hit as hard. He literally holds back his stats. He's been powerless before and gone back to having powers on the fly, on at least 3 occasions, due entirely to his mental state. At least two major writers have said as much on his powers being dynamic, as well.

So he can become "weaker" due to his body rejecting solar energy, not stronger?

Delta1938
So he can become "weaker" due to his body rejecting solar energy, not stronger?

Your attempts at being clever fail, Bootsie.

carver9
Your attempts at being clever fail, Bootsie.

Do you have scans somewhere where it tells us he is becoming stronger during mid fight/showing? Could he exceed his OWAW Sundipping self without diving in the sun for that extra boost due to his dynamic power?

Delta1938
Do you have scans somewhere where it tells us he is becoming stronger during mid fight/showing? Could he exceed his OWAW Sundipping self without diving in the sun for that extra boost due to his dynamic power?

Scans have been posted before. You continue to deny them. You know this.

carver9
Scans have been posted before. You continue to deny them. You know this.

So if I make a thread of Superman vs Superboy Prime and make the stips, "Superman gets doubled stress per second" would he go Superman breaker and destroy Prime?

Sin I AM

Where?

Delta1938
So if I make a thread of Superman vs Superboy Prime and make the stips, "Superman gets doubled stress per second" would he go Superman breaker and destroy Prime?

Boy are you stupid. You've been called out on the idiocy of arguing because someone's not exactly like Hulk then they don't have dynamic powers on multiple occasions, yet you still pimp this out. How you can be this incompetent and yet not write like a stereotype boggles the mind.

Delta1938
Where?

Has he gone from powerless to powered? ACTION COMICS, I think #586(somewhere around there). He goes from having powers to losing them(we actually see he's unharmed by fire then suddenly burned) only to gain them back.

SUPERMAN/BATMAN ANNUAL #2(I think it was) where he was powerless for about a couple months, then had powers again when Batman was in danger.

In ACTION COMICS during the UP, UP AND AWAY storyline where he was powerless for a year after INFINITE CRISIS, then hints and showings that he partially regained his powers while being chased by a couple supervillains hired to kill Clark, and then when he's about to be hit by a train, well, he's fine and there's an indent where his hand was. Powers were not completely back, he could only jump for example, not fly. Then when facing a bunch of villains, his powers were restored more but still not fully. Then came back fully when Jimmy was in danger. Then he gained a new power.

Both Byrne(on his website's message board) and Joe Casey(CBR interview I think it was) have stated his powers being dependent on his mind(Casey didn't say solely on his mind, but about even on solar energy and his mind).

leonidas
superman imo and it's not really all that close to my way of thinking.... /shrug

StiltmanFTW
SUPERMAN/BATMAN ANAL #2(I think it was) where he was powerless for about a couple months

haermm haermm haermm

haermm haermm haermm

haermm haermm haermm

Delta1938
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
haermm haermm haermm

mad

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/go-die-in-a-fire.png

carver9
Boy are you stupid. You've been called out on the idiocy of arguing because someone's not exactly like Hulk then they don't have dynamic powers on multiple occasions, yet you still pimp this out. How you can be this incompetent and yet not write like a stereotype boggles the mind.

How does his amping work? What triggers him to get stronger?

Delta1938
How does his amping work? What triggers him to get stronger?

His mental state. Deal with it.

jrodslam

I almost spit out my kool-aid wheni read that. Ahh carver. laughing laughing

carver9
His mental state. Deal with it.

What kind of mental state?

Delta1938
What kind of mental state?

What the comics show.

Pillow Biter
There is no consistent explanation of the exact nature of Superman's dynamism.

Sin I AM
Has he gone from powerless to powered? ACTION COMICS, I think #586(somewhere around there). He goes from having powers to losing them(we actually see he's unharmed by fire then suddenly burned) only to gain them back.

SUPERMAN/BATMAN ANNUAL #2(I think it was) where he was powerless for about a couple months, then had powers again when Batman was in danger.

In ACTION COMICS during the UP, UP AND AWAY storyline where he was powerless for a year after INFINITE CRISIS, then hints and showings that he partially regained his powers while being chased by a couple supervillains hired to kill Clark, and then when he's about to be hit by a train, well, he's fine and there's an indent where his hand was. Powers were not completely back, he could only jump for example, not fly. Then when facing a bunch of villains, his powers were restored more but still not fully. Then came back fully when Jimmy was in danger. Then he gained a new power.

Both Byrne(on his website's message board) and Joe Casey(CBR interview I think it was) have stated his powers being dependent on his mind(Casey didn't say solely on his mind, but about even on solar energy and his mind).

Thx 👌

Magnon
Superman is more dynamic for sure. In fact, he has the highest dynamic strength in all of comics. One day he wears a mullet and is, perhaps, mid meta then the next he lifts an infinitely heavy book. Quite literally, he is as strong as he needs to be (for the Story in question). That is how Superman's powers work.

Sin I AM
Wouldn't that be plot based strength tho? Not necessarily dynamic

Americarp
You guys do realise Spiderman has also convinced himself he has no powers due to his mental state also, Sin is clearly right any character is as strong as the story needs them to be.

-Pr-

Dynamic strength is partially a way of explaining plot based strength. Same with the likes of Hulk for example. Or Flash's speed etc.

Delta1938

Except Superman has MULTIPLE stories showing he does have it. erm You've been told this, even shown before.

You guys do realise Spiderman has also convinced himself he has no powers due to his mental state also, Sin is clearly right any character is as strong as the story needs them to be.

If so then Spider-Man might have it too. Doesn't negate the fact that this isn't "oh all heroes are as strong as they need to be."

Sin I AM
Dynamic strength is partially a way of explaining plot based strength. Same with the likes of Hulk for example. Or Flash's speed etc.

Yea i know. I just always assumed when their are outliers i chock it up as plot. But i get where you're coming from

Except Superman has MULTIPLE stories showing he does have it. erm You've been told this, even shown before.

Pipe down son, i aint carver9. We're debating. Its not that deep.

-Pr-
Yea i know. I just always assumed when their are outliers i chock it up as plot. But i get where you're coming from

The difference between plot outliers and dynamic is usually frequency, imo.

Delta1938

mad mad mad mad mad mad

Although funny you mention carter, as "it's not that deep" is something his girl tells him often.

Sin I AM
The difference between plot outliers and dynamic is usually frequency, imo.

Are u flirting with me 😘

mad mad mad mad mad mad

Although funny you mention carter, as "it's not that deep" is something his girl tells him often.

Im sorry that was a low blow.

-Pr-
Are u flirting with me 😘

When am I not?

Rao Kal El
mad mad mad mad mad mad

laughing out loud

He call his thingy "lucifer" when is really a crucifier laughing

EcstaticGrace
During that Vandal Savage arc near the end of New52 Superman it honestly suggested Superman overcomes any adversary because he's Superman or some dumb crap similar to that.

He goes from some comics to operating at light speed to struggling to stop bullets. From operating above planet tier to struggling to bust a moon.

If that's the definition of Dynamic which seems to be in use here. Then Superman takes it. I call it Plot inconsistency.

Delta1938
Are u flirting with me 😘

mad mad mad mad mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.