Favorite universal+ and multiversal+ characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RangerDX
Who are ur favorite characters from this range? I find most of them to be boring to read but there are some great and interesting ones.

Dormammu
Insane Genis Vell
Mxy
Lucifer Morningstar
Dream (Morpheus)

golem370
LT is my favorite.

One_Angry_Scot
The Makers are quite interesting. Very obscure, wish they were featured a bit more.

RangerDX
Originally posted by golem370
LT is my favorite.

Really? Why so? You dont find LT dreadfully boring?

RangerDX
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The Makers are quite interesting. Very obscure, wish they were featured a bit more.

Can u give me a link to them? Dont believe im familiar.

What other obscure characters can u think of in that range that might be worth reading?

golem370
He is just badass very prominent powerful.

These Makers? http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/makersmicroverse.htm

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by golem370
He is just badass very prominent powerful.

These Makers? http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/makersmicroverse.htm

Yep.

Originally posted by RangerDX
Can u give me a link to them? Dont believe im familiar.

What other obscure characters can u think of in that range that might be worth reading?

Sure, here you go.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/makersmicroverse.htm

http://i.imgur.com/kH4Ucbj.jpg

Trouble is with obscure characters they don't have many appearances but I guess you could say characters like Anthropomortho, Nebulos.

You could use this chart to look at some characters.

http://i.imgur.com/8wJZo5G.png1

riv6672
^^^Thats a great chart, thanks!

carver9
That chart is showing Galactus being above the Beyonder.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
That chart is showing Galactus being above the Beyonder.

It's more of a Cosmic Hierarchy rather than a purely power level type thing. An alternative explanation could be this was made at a time when everyone thought the Beyonder was retconned to be a Inhuman (which actually isn't the case) - but I'd go with the other explanation.

But even then the Beyonder is kind of separate from the hierarchy, he should probably have his own box.

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Thats a great chart, thanks!

No problem - if you Google "marvel cosmic chart" you will find a few charts like that.

carver9
It's more of a Cosmic Hierarchy rather than a purely power level type thing. An alternative explanation could be this was made at a time when everyone thought the Beyonder was retconned to be a Inhuman (which actually isn't the case) - but I'd go with the other explanation.

But even then the Beyonder is kind of separate from the hierarchy, he should probably have his own box.

No problem - if you Google "marvel cosmic chart" you will find a few charts like that.

thumb up

Makes perfect sense.

krisblaze
MJJ!

riv6672
It's more of a Cosmic Hierarchy rather than a purely power level type thing.

Thats what it seemed like to me, yes.

I should have thought of that the other day. I was putting a pic together for a "Build your own SHAZAM" thread:
http://i.imgur.com/BEZLVKH.jpg
Was having a hard time with it, as i didnt want to just use random characters. Your chart'll be a big help if i get around to doing another of these. thumb up

One_Angry_Scot

I should have thought of that the other day. I was putting a pic together for a "Build your own SHAZAM" thread:
Was having a hard time with it, as i didnt want to just use random characters. Your chart'll be a big help if i get around to doing another of these. thumb up

That's a good pic.

riv6672
^^^The art of the copy/paste! stick out tongue

SquallX
Never knew each alphabets stood for something different for Protege. Kinda cool.

Galan007
My favorite entities are The Endless, along with Lucifer and Michael. Bar none.

As far as characterization/depth is concerned, no other abstract-esque beings even come close to them. Imo.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007

As far as characterization/depth is concerned, no other abstract-esque beings even come close to them. Imo.

thumb up thumb up

"Id"
From DC - specifically the Lanterns Mythos. I enjoy the space opera.

From Marvel - X-Men/Mutants world. Stories where men touch into Godhood, and how they deal with it has always intrest me.

Indie - Valiant/Solar has a long history of producing quality as a company period. No other company is as consistsnt as old/new school valiant.

No specific power level. Just the over all mythos or stories.

DarkSaint85
Have any of you guys read the Unwritten? Fantastic series I just picked up.

ghostman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Have any of you guys read the Unwritten? Fantastic series I just picked up.

does it have to do with universal/abstract level characters?

as for thread question, valiant dr solar. i love the whole ordinary man becoming a godlike being troupe thats prevalent throughout the series. his struggles with being godlike are farr farr more interesting than most other godlike characters.

valiants solar is one of the best reads ever. i personally like the part when he creates an alter ego thats a cop in another part of the country, we get a real look a his psyche and personal thoughts during that little part of his life.

dynamix

As far as characterization/depth is concerned, no other abstract-esque beings even come close to them. Imo. thumb up

dynamix
Yep.

Sure, here you go.

You could use this chart to look at some characters.

http://i.imgur.com/8wJZo5G.png1

COOL!!

"Id"
Cosmic horros ala Dark Soul 3 are good, in comics an example of that would be Dark Tower series.

ghostman
does anybody know any good stories with cosmic/universal/multiversal level characters i can read? preferably on the lesser known side, but it doesnt matter.

ghostman
Originally posted by "Id"
Cosmic horros ala Dark Soul 3 are good, in comics an example of that would be Dark Tower series.

has universal abstract level characters?

Galan007
Originally posted by ghostman

as for thread question, valiant dr solar. i love the whole ordinary man becoming a godlike being troupe thats prevalent throughout the series. his struggles with being godlike are farr farr more interesting than most other godlike characters.

valiants solar is one of the best reads ever. i personally like the part when he creates an alter ego thats a cop in another part of the country, we get a real look a his psyche and personal thoughts during that little part of his life. Valiant Solar was excellent. It's predecessor series from Gold Key Comics was also great -- but in a more oldschool/pulpy way. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Beerus-Sama. smile

Astner
I've always been a fan of Eternity's design.

Cosmic horros ala Dark Soul 3 are good,
Dark Souls 3 has cosmic horrors?

Cogito

thumb up Though I would flip that order, which is not any knock against the Endless

Sin I AM

That's dope. Instead of a lightning bolt have his humam body teleport while there's a big omni directional explosion of dark matter then his powered up form is revealed

Digi

This touches on the point that I was going to make, that a TON of people referenced at this level are just sort of placeholders for abstract power. They aren't truly developed characters. I mean, even someone like Galactus, who has been around for decades and Marvel has tried to give a backstory to...does anyone actually care about him?? Is he useful for anything other than "Oh sh*t, here comes the cosmic super-bad!"? Not really.

And he's one of the more fleshed out guys at this level. Most are just vehicles for a particular power to put the story in perspective.

The Endless and Lucifer are probably mine too, for the exact same reasons.

If we include prep, The Doctor and Constantine are up there for me too.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ghostman

valiants solar is one of the best reads ever. i personally like the part when he creates an alter ego thats a cop in another part of the country, we get a real look a his psyche and personal thoughts during that little part of his life.

Yup.

Has explorations of the nature of stories, and their power within our world.

"Id"
Originally posted by Astner
I've always been a fan of Eternity's design.

Dark Souls 3 has cosmic horrors?

no
my mistake. got my title's mixed up.

Bloodbourne deals with cosmic horror.

deathslash
In comics, my favorite universal level character is Shuma Gorath.

Outside of comics, my favorite multiversal/omniversal level character is the God Emperor of Mankind.

golem370
Where does Archenemy fit?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by deathslash
In comics, my favorite universal level character is Shuma Gorath.

Outside of comics, my favorite multiversal/omniversal level character is the God Emperor of Mankind.

God ****ing damn it. smilesmilesmile

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
That's dope. Instead of a lightning bolt have his humam body teleport while there's a big omni directional explosion of dark matter then his powered up form is revealed
Thank you.
I like your idea, that'd be a kick ass visual.

Originally posted by deathslash
In comics, my favorite universal level character is Shuma Gorath...

Thats a solid pick.

deathslash
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
God ****ing damn it. smilesmilesmile laughing laughing laughing

I kind of knew that you'd reply to that. Still though, he'd kick the ass of any filthy xenos piece of scum that you could think up. evil face

abhilegend
Spectre.
Lucifer Morningstar.
Death of Endless.
Morpheus.

riv6672
Spectre had one series i enjoyed a looong time ago. Had a big supporting cast (that included a narcoleptic dwarf) and an X Files vibe; i recall they investigated cow mutilations.

golem370
Anybody? Archenemy- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/archenemymagik.htm

Where does it fit in?

RangerDX

Agreed.

What other entities on that level, universal or multiversal plus do u think are great enough characters to be worth reading? IIRC youre big on Solar too and Mxy

RangerDX
From DC - specifically the Lanterns Mythos. I enjoy the space opera.

From Marvel - X-Men/Mutants world. Stories where men touch into Godhood, and how they deal with it has always intrest me.

Indie - Valiant/Solar has a long history of producing quality as a company period. No other company is as consistsnt as old/new school valiant.

No specific power level. Just the over all mythos or stories.

What are some examples from Marvel? Like Marquis od Death?

"Id"
Originally posted by RangerDX
What are some examples from Marvel? Like Marquis od Death?

No to the Marquis, yes to Clyde. As Digi pointed earlier, in the Masters of Doom arc The Marquis was used as a Villain and a vehicle of power, to drive the plot. 1985 mini series is a diffrent plot and setting.

X-Men world tends to make stories more relatable to current events, so I am attached to those stories. Every so often you have a really good arc where the character evolves into Godhood and they explore how it affects him/her and the people/world around them.

Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga.
1985 mini.
Jaspers Arc.
Legion Quest - And the return of Legion.
House of M.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.