Top 10 Strongest Character Willpowers in the Mythos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Base this solely on feats and accolades of willpower, not powerscaling or anything else.

Nephthys
1. The Outlander
2. Revan
3. Bane

i dont care after that

chingchangwalla
Revan.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
1. The Outlander
2. Revan
3. Bane

an hero intensifies

MythLord
Vader, Bane, Revan, Yoda, Kopecz, Caedus, Anakin and Sidious are all good examples, tbh. Based solely on feats, I am not sure, though.

SunRazer
Kopecz?

Jmanghan
Luke and Yoda.

Willpower translates to willingness to resist the dark side, I guess.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
an hero intensifies

Kek, Valkorion says Outlander > Revan in willpower.

NewGuy01
He was sorta-kinda half-able to resist Kaan's TP.

SunRazer
I think there's better picks for that spot, lol. ANH Leia resisted Vader's mental probes to the extent that he couldn't get anything out of her even after half a torture of drugs and electrical shocks. Zannah resisted Bane's Essence Transfer. The Exile resisted Malachor V (both times). Wyyrlok III overcame Andeddu's illusions and mindraped him. Krayt withstood Wyyrlok III's illusions.

The Barsen'thor's also worth mentioning, although it's hard for me to describe specific feats of resistance for him.

Selenial
Kek, Valkorion says Outlander > Revan in willpower.

I'm more laughing at the fact you put Bane's kaan feat is more impressive than Yoda resisting the combined TP sorcery of Dooku and Sidious while on Korriban mmm

SunRazer
I meant "half an hour of torture and drugs" above.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He was sorta-kinda half-able to resist Kaan's TP.

He had to stop himself from laughing out loud in Kaans face.

Originally posted by Selenial
I'm more laughing at the fact you put Bane's kaan feat is more impressive than Yoda resisting the combined TP sorcery of Dooku and Sidious while on Korriban mmm

It's not just based on Bane's Kaan feat.

Also that Yoda feat can't be quantified. They were attacking him from across the galaxy through an extremely tenuous means. Also not sure it qualifies as willpower or TP or whatever.

Originally posted by SunRazer
The Barsen'thor's also worth mentioning, although it's hard for me to describe specific feats of resistance for him.

She resists the First Sons mental attack and then uses TP to help destroy the personality and help Syo gain control.

chingchangwalla
Krayt?

The_Tempest
Yoda being able to resist Palpatine's psychic manipulation is extremely impressive when you consider the whole thing was facilitated by a Force bond with Dooku and Yoda was on Moraband at the time.

That might be number 1 tbh.

SunRazer
Neph, the idea that Yoda's resistance feat wasn't a product of willpower is utterly ludicrous.

Selenial
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Yoda being able to resist Palpatine's psychic manipulation is extremely impressive when you consider the whole thing was facilitated by a Force bond with Dooku and Yoda was on Moraband at the time.

That might be number 1 tbh.
Neph, the idea that Yoda's resistance feat wasn't a product of willpower is utterly ludicrous.

thumb up

sheevites represent

BazookaMaster
1. Yoda
2. Revan
3. Outlander
4. Luke Skywalker
5. Jacen Solo

darthbane77
Revan, Yoda, Luke, Valkoriate, Caedus

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Bane
>More willpower than Valkorion
>Jesus H Christ

Petrus
Yeah, Yoda's feat in Korriban vs. Dooku and Sidious is hella impressive.

Yoda, Revan, the Outlander and Surik are up there.

Trocity
Yoda, Revan, Jacen, Krayt, Luke.

Unbowed
Krayt and Maul's entire characters basically revolve around their willpower and endurance of suffering.

Jmanghan
Kek, Valkorion says Outlander > Revan in willpower. Where?

Jmanghan
Actually, Yoda is probably the top.

I think its damn near impossible to turn the dude.

Ascendancy
Revan--I mean, what was it, centuries of mental assault by the Emperor?
Palpatine--Literally being able to coerce, manipulate, and outright deceive an entire galactic senate, the Jedi Council, etc.
Yoda
Luke
Exar Kun--even in spirit he was ridiculously powerful
Bane
Kaan

I'll add more later most likely. I'm not sure that I include Jacen. For whatever prowess he showed earlier in the EU and in spurts later on, he was taken in by Lumiya and the dark side like it was nothing, and continued to be the weakest, most ambivalent Sith in the mythos. The guy straight up did not know who he was or who he wanted to be and Jaina taking his head was a mercy.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Where?

KotFE. I think it's either chapter 2 or chapter 12. He say's that only the Outlander has ever matched his will to survive.

Jmanghan
KotFE. I think it's either chapter 2 or chapter 12. He say's that only the Outlander has ever matched his will to survive. What is that supported by?...

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
What is that supported by?...

Well Valkorion seemingly can't dominate the Outlander, so that could be support.

Also numerous protags have top tier will feats like resisting the Dread Masters, Vitiate, Sel-Makor, the First Son and shit.

But Valky is intimately familiar with Revan's will and the Outlanders so.

DarthAnt66
Revan blows the Outlander out of the water in willpower, lmfao.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan blows the Outlander out of the water in willpower, lmfao.
thumb up

SunRazer
Please stop bringing up the "centuries" thing. It's impressive that Revan withstood the Emperor and the Dread Masters, but the fact that he did so for centuries was solely because he had an unlimited reserve of Force energy to draw upon (Surik's Ghost). The novel outright states that because of Surik's Ghost, Revan was able to "do more than keep the Emperor at bay".

AncientPower
As if that is his only impressive willpower feat, he kept his own corpse alive through willpower after dying on the Foundry.

But regardless, matching the Sith Emperor and the Dread Masters in a battle of wills, is utterly insane.

SunRazer
Pretty big red herring. Nowhere did I insinuate that it was Revan's only willpower showing or that his willpower isn't impressive. But the "centuries" argument is flat-out incorrect. That's all I was pointing out.

Beniboybling
The novel outright states that because of Surik's Ghost, Revan was able to "do more than keep the Emperor at bay". Well, that only implies he could hold the Emperor at bay without her deary. It's not as if Jedi ghosts actually have unlimited reserves of Force energy.

Anyway, Plagueis and Palpatine willed the Force out of balance, they win.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Anyway, Plagueis and Palpatine willed the Force out of balance, they win.

That's another good one.

Beniboybling
Corroborated with Palpatine's ability to spread his will across the galaxy, render the twenty-billion population of Byss "almost mindless" and effortlessly overpower the wills of Luke and Vader and I'd say Sheev is #1 certainly. smile

The_Tempest
mmm

Sheev smiles upon you, my child.

Beniboybling
smile

Anyway for a top 5 to start:

#1 Darth Sidious - with Plagueis willed the Force out of balance; spread his will across the entire galaxy; rendered the mindless a 20-billion population with his "oppression"; effortlessly overpowered the wills of Luke and Vader; able to fool Master Yoda with powerful illusions.

#2 Yoda - described as the most implacable foe the dark side had ever known; resisted the attempts of a host of Sith spirits to overcome him, told the ghost of Bane to go **** himself and resisted a joint attempt to dominate his will by Dooku and Sidious, all on a planet saturated in the dark side. Confronted his own dark side made manifest and overcame it; saw through the various illusions of the Force priestesses; was able to partially penetrate the fog of the dark side.

#3 Darth Plagueis - was literally able to will people to death by forcing their midichlorians to do his bidding; was also able to overcome Force resistant species, heal injuries, reverse aging and create life in this manner; and was at the forefront of the ritual that unbalanced the Force; mused that no Sith powers were beyond his reach that he couldn't achieve through sheer strength of will.

#4 Valkorion/Vitiate - broke the will of a Sith lord as a child; overcame the wills of 8,000 Sith lords in a ritual; with a fraction of his powers was able to break the will of a corrupted Revan and Malak; was able to break the wills of even the "the strongest of Jedi" such as the Hero of Tython & Tol Braga; rendered Scourge a crying pussy with a glimpse of his mind; gradually dominated the wills of everyone on Ziost; controlled the wills of his "Children" from light years away.

#5 Revan - was able to resist the attempts of Emperor Vitiate and the Dread Masters to dominate his mind over the course of centuries while waging a mental war with Viitate; through sheer will was able resurrect himself from the dead and keep his rent spirit together; was able to resist the corruptive powers of the Star Forge, Malachor V, Korriban; resisted the crushing effects of Nathema; as a rent spirit was able to maintain his presence on Yavin 4, a planet immeasurably strong in the dark side; telepathically dominated the minds of many of his followers.

I also feel Luke should be on this list but I'm not familiar with his feats.

DarthAnt66
Please stop bringing up the "centuries" thing. It's impressive that Revan withstood the Emperor and the Dread Masters, but the fact that he did so for centuries was solely because he had an unlimited reserve of Force energy to draw upon (Surik's Ghost). The novel outright states that because of Surik's Ghost, Revan was able to "do more than keep the Emperor at bay".
Surik's role was to counterbalance Vitiate's Force drain, not directly assist in the mental war.

Vitiate as well had "unlimited" reserves to draw off of because he was draining Revan simultaneously the entire time as well.

It counterbalanced, and thus the point is mute.

It was centuries of telepathic probing and attacking from seven of the greatest Sith sorcerers in history. thumb up

Emperordmb
In no particular order and of course excluding the Ones and other beings of Luke/Sheev/Valk+ power and shit, Bane, Revan, Valkorion, Luke, Sidious, Yoda, Plagueis, Zannah, Nyax, Caedus

SunRazer
Surik's role was to counterbalance Vitiate's Force drain, not directly assist in the mental war.

Vitiate as well had "unlimited" reserves to draw off of because he was draining Revan simultaneously the entire time as well.

It counterbalanced, and thus the point is mute.

It was centuries of telepathic probing and attacking from seven of the greatest Sith sorcerers in history. thumb up

It still doesn't matter. What's impressive is that Revan fended off the Emperor and the Dread Masters, not that he did so for centuries, which is exclusively a result of him being able to draw upon Surik's Ghost (however Vitiate sustained himself for centuries is irrelevant, we're only discussing Revan).

Also, the novel suggests that it's thanks to Surik's Ghost that Revan could do anything more than just hold the Emperor at bay - the Dread Masters hadn't even been involved yet.

Anyway, the Dread Masters count as one - as you've often told me before.

DarthAnt66
What? But he did do it for centuries. The fact he had additional resources to draw upon his mute when his attackers also did. You forget that the war wasn't just one way. Revan was also telepathically influencing Vitiate and forcing him to postpone and end galactic wars. Due to both Vitiate and Revan draining, their powers should have been counterbalanced and ended up with being around their normal levels for the entire conflict. The fact their command of the Force stayed roughly the same does not mean Revan's willpower did. You need more than an immense command of the Force to have willpower on Revan's scale. Revan, via willpower, held back the telepathic attacks of Vitiate and the Dread Masters for centuries. That is a fact. Writing that off is laughable, pathetic, and worthy of an heroing. The entire war was based on time. Toward the end of the conflict, Revan's strength finally began to waver, and Vitiate launched the war. In a final effort of will, Revan ended the war via the Treaty of Coruscant. Thus, time was clearly a major player in there. It took three-centuries for Vitiate to finally summon the will to go on with his plans - and even that was temporarily stopped by Revan, saving the Republic in the process. And in regard to the effects it had on Revan, Revan was affected gradually: his hatred toward the Emperor intensified throughout the conflict.

No shit. Because without Surik, Revan couldn't have done anything, because he would have been quickly drained of all his power (not due to telepathy, but Force drain). Vitiate wasn't playing fair.

SunRazer
1. No, via willpower, he held them off. By feeding off Surik's Ghost, he held them off for centuries. We're factoring in Drain.

2. I was under the impression that we're including that as well, since people seem to mention Revan being Drained when they talk about this feat?

I'm not denying that it's impressive, obviously. Nobody's writing that off.

Nephthys
I don't think Revan specifically held off the invasion or suppressed Vitiates will, I think Vitiate delayed that for other reasons. Could be wrong tho.

Also it should be noted that Vitiate influenced Revan as well by turning him insane and bloodthirsty. He kind of succeeded in turning him to the darkside.

DarthAnt66
1. No, via willpower, he held them off. By feeding off Surik's Ghost, he held them off for centuries. We're factoring in Drain.
Then you have to factor in the drain on both sides, and recognize Revan feeding off Surik's ghost was relevant to a completely different spectrum of the fight than the telepathy war, which is what is relevant to the topic at hand.

2. I was under the impression that we're including that as well, since people seem to mention Revan being Drained when they talk about this feat?
Tell me how the hell using Force drain (Revan and Vitiate both) has any relevancy to the topic at hand. It doesn't. They were counterbalanced and so the point was mute.

DarthAnt66
I don't think Revan specifically held off the invasion or suppressed Vitiates will, I think Vitiate delayed that for other reasons. Could be wrong tho.
One of the main plot-points of the novel was that Darth Nyriss and other members of the Dark Council discovered that the Emperor planned to launch a war in their lifetime, and thus formed a secret alliance and risked everything to stop him. That's the entire reason Scourge joined up with Meetra Surik and Revan. Additionally, in the Revan flashpoint storyline, Meetra Surik emphasizes that Revan was "holding the darkness at bay, lost inside it for three hundred years" Plus, the novel even states: "he was able to push and nudge the Emperor's own thoughts and beliefs, subtly manipulating them in ways that could have profound effects. Revan played on the Emepror's caution and patience, constantly pushing them to the forefront of his enemy's mind. He augmented his irrational fear of death. At every opportunity he reinforced the idea that invading the Republic was reckless and dangerous."

SunRazer
Then you have to factor in the drain on both sides, and recognize Revan feeding off Surik's ghost was relevant to a completely different spectrum of the fight than the telepathy war, which is what is relevant to the topic at hand.

Tell me how the hell using Force drain (Revan and Vitiate both) has any relevancy to the topic at hand. It doesn't. They were counterbalanced and so the point was mute.

Alright, I'll let it go. Though I recall people touting Revan resisting both the Emperor and his Dread Masters for centuries even whilst being Drained, which is giving him a bit too much credit - but otherwise, fair enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.