Man of Steel 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Who would you chose to direct the sequel? Supposedly it's in development.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-man-of-steel-sequel-enters-active-development

Silent Master
Marvel.

Zack M
I'd get George Miller. Kinda weird we haven't heard any news on what he's directing next.

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't BvS basically MoS 2...

Originally posted by Silent Master
Marvel.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Zack M
They're talking about a solo sequel.

-Pr-
Richard Donner, with a story by Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison adapted in to a screenplay by someone who knows what they're ****ing doing.

Darth Thor
It will probably be Snyder.

ares834

Inhuman
Originally posted by Zack M
Man of Steel 2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-man-of-steel-sequel-enters-active-development

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It will probably be Snyder.

How much you want a bet it won't be? big grin

dynamix
I'd get George Miller. Kinda weird we haven't heard any news on what he's directing next.

hmm i'd be excited for that! Im in the minority as i actually like MOS but i really hated Snyder's pacing. Miller has a more natural story flow so i'd be down to see that.

Patient_Leech
Fu#k MOS 2, and George Miller needs to do another Mad Max. So fu#k this whole thing.

BruceSkywalker
DESPERATION TIME pure and simple

quanchi112
Desperation is already setting in. Must suck to be a hardcore DC fanatic like Golgo or Darth Troll.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Silent Master
Marvel.

Arachnid1
MoS was the only DC movie I liked so far. I'm onboard for this, but they really need to shape up.

I hope Braniac is the villain. Mister Mxyzptlk with a mindphuckery plot would be pretty great too.

vansonbee
A remake squeal for Superman make sense, since BVS bombed. Not going to watch anymore DC flicks until Justice League or WW gets a good review.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
DESPERATION TIME pure and simple

Are you not happy that they're showing signs of trying to fix their universe and get things back on the right track?

Zack M
I remember a certain someone who said there wouldn't be a sequel to MOS. laughing out loud WB is sooo in trouble.

-Pr-
I remember a certain someone who said there wouldn't be a sequel to MOS. laughing out loud WB is sooo in trouble.

To be fair, we should have had MoS 2 long before we got BvS. They don't get that much credit for doing what they should have done in the first place.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
To be fair, we should have had MoS 2 long before we got BvS.

thumb up

jaden101
**** it. Get Rob Zombie to do it.

Ridley_Prime
Going from MoS straight to Doomsday sadly can't be undone, but maybe they can still make use of lesser guys from Supes' gallery like Metallo or Parasite for a sequel, along with the obvious Brainiac or something.

wakkawakkawakka
If this is actually a thing I wonder if they'd do either Lobo or Maxima for villains. But I'm afraid DC will find a way to mess them up too.

marwash22
dunno, but i they need to hurry up and get this Shazam/Black Adam movie made.

The Rock saves franchises.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
**** it. Get Rob Zombie to do it.
thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden101
**** it. Get Rob Zombie to do it. laughing out loud

Expect Sherri moon zombie to become the new Lois.

MF DELPH
I'd tap James Cameron. F*ck it. Might as well swing for the fences. At this point I'm only watching the DC movies at home after the final/ultimate cuts are released because Warner Bros keeps ****ing with the product. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time after I gave you another leap of faith after that turd BvS and Suicide Squad ends up sucking as well and you're not getting any more money towards your box office. WB is on the list with Sony and FOX now. Either Amazon or more likely a torrent.

quanchi112
YES!!!

Zack M
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd tap James Cameron. F*ck it. Might as well swing for the fences. At this point I'm only watching the DC movies at home after the final/ultimate cuts are released because Warner Bros keeps ****ing with the product. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time after I gave you another leap of faith after that turd BvS and Suicide Squad ends up sucking as well and you're not getting any more money towards your box office. WB is on the list with Sony and FOX now. Either Amazon or more likely a torrent.

James Cameron has been mediocre lately. I think his best days are behind him.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by MF DELPH
At this point I'm only watching the DC movies at home after the final/ultimate cuts are released because Warner Bros keeps ****ing with the product. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time after I gave you another leap of faith after that turd BvS and Suicide Squad ends up sucking as well and you're not getting any more money towards your box office.

This. Well, also stop hiring Zack Snyder.

MF DELPH
Last movie Cameron did was what, Avatar, right? His overall track record as a director is way better than Zach Snyder's as well as Cameron being just as good, if not better, with visuals and depicting heroic characters, which is what a Superman film will need. Cameron can bring the warmth and hope that eludes Snyder.

That said, whoever the director is I'll be watching the film at home.

wakkawakkawakka
I still can believe that this might actually be a thing considering how BvS turned out. Seems too little too late for trying to do more Superman stuff. But who needs hope and good story when you have gems like this:

3cyzfd4mBTw

BruceSkywalker
Are you not happy that they're showing signs of trying to fix their universe and get things back on the right track?

that will depend on well i like or dislike Wonder Woman since it is being said that is when the Geof Johns era starts...

-Pr-
that will depend on well i like or dislike Wonder Woman since it is being said that is when the Geof Johns era starts...

I wouldn't put too much faith in that being his vehicle tbh. It has Snyder written all over it.

BruceSkywalker
I wouldn't put too much faith in that being his vehicle tbh. It has Snyder written all over it.

then the DCEU is doomed to constantly fail ... each film wil open big and then quite possibly fall flat on its ass

-Pr-
then the DCEU is doomed to constantly fail ... each film wil open big and then quite possibly fall flat on its ass

Eh, I think the key time is going to be after JL. The few movies in those couple of years are going to be interesting imo.

Flyattractor
Richard Donner, with a story by Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison adapted in to a screenplay by someone who knows what they're ****ing doing.

They already did that.... It was called SUPERMAN RETURNS!

Kazenji

One movie and he's considered mediocre........ no expression, Da ****

Originally posted by Flyattractor

That one wasn't

it was mostly a love letter to the Christopher Reeve's movies.

Darth Thor

erm

But Snyder though. That's guys going to hit gold any day now. They should defo use him for Justice League.

Zack M
erm

But Snyder though. That's guys going to hit gold any day now. They should defo use him for Justice League.

Did I say Snyder was as good? Snyder isn't even 1/10 of Cameron in his prime. But it makes no sense in wishing for something that won't happen. :/ Cameron is busy with the Avatar movies.

Kazenji
So explain how is he mediocre when he's only done one movie as of late.

Darth Thor
Did I say Snyder was as good? Snyder isn't even 1/10 of Cameron in his prime. But it makes no sense in wishing for something that won't happen. :/ Cameron is busy with the Avatar movies.

Because you supported Snyder doing all the BvS and JL movies after already doing the first Superman of the DCEU. But you think Cameron doing one Superman film would be a bad idea erm

Zack M
Because you supported Snyder doing all the BvS and JL movies after already doing the first Superman of the DCEU. But you think Cameron doing one Superman film would be a bad idea erm

Because he's not my first choice. I haven't liked Cameron for a long time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Don't you connect that shit to those geniuses.

tkitna
This is about where i'm at too at this point. I'm looking forward to MoS 2 about as much as a heaping case of the crabs.

BruceSkywalker
so um... my WB sources have told that when /if Man of Steel is officially greenlit then Michael Bay will be confirmed to write and direct

MF DELPH
yodawg1

Flyattractor
Don't you connect that shit to those geniuses.

Now that's a word not normally associated with the DCCU...

CosmicComet
so um... my WB sources have told that when /if Man of Steel is officially greenlit then Michael Bay will be confirmed to write and direct

You know what...**** it. lol.

I would be down for this, or at least extremely curious.

I liked Bayformers more than any WB/DC movie as of late by far.

And Michael Bay gave Optimus Prime (my 2nd or 3rd favorite character of all time) a lot of respect. If he can give Superman even half the presence and respect that Optimus had, then I consider it a W.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by CosmicComet

And Michael Bay gave Optimus Prime (my 2nd or 3rd favorite character of all time) a lot of respect. If he can give Superman even half the presence and respect that Optimus had, then I consider it a W.

thumb up

wakkawakkawakka

If Michael Bay makes a Superman film that keeps the occasional murdering of people then I'd be down. We can't expect civilians to just kill themselves right?

But unless DC plans to do a complete turn around with their universe then this idea seems extremely backwards. Not sure if anyone is exactly clamoring form more of this version of Superman.

Zack M

Inhuman
#ManOfSteel2 is now "top priority" for the DCEU http://trib.al/ASLiS4L

https://i.imgur.com/TIVp2.gif

Zack M
Stop crying, Inhuman. laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Not surprising given MOS was actually the most well received of the DCEU films, and the most profitable.

roughrider
I mostly liked Man Of Steel. Mainly because it was Christopher Nolan restraining Zack Snyder and formulating the story. But with no Nolan, and no George Miller coming to the rescue... erm

Make it Zack Snyder free, or not at all.

Yes, Michael Bay would actually be a step-up at this point.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/TIVp2.gif

knowing WB they will miss it up anyway

Zack M
Originally posted by roughrider
I mostly liked Man Of Steel. Mainly because it was Christopher Nolan restraining Zack Snyder and formulating the story. But with no Nolan, and no George Miller coming to the rescue... erm

Make it Zack Snyder free, or not at all.

Yes, Michael Bay would actually be a step-up at this point.

George Miller is rumored to direct the GL Corps.

Arachnid1
Keep Bay away from these movies. As if they aren't chit enough.

For the love of god, get a respectable director for this. Superman deserves better.

roughrider

I heard that rumour. If true, I hope he got a deal whereby he does it for them, and they agree to finance Mad Max: The Waste Lands in return.

-Pr-
As long as Goyer and Snyder stay away, I'm interested in this. Could be time to redeem themselves.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Keep Bay away from these movies. As if they aren't chit enough.

For the love of god, get a respectable director for this. Superman deserves better.

no it is Michael Bay or bust

Zack M
As long as Goyer and Snyder stay away, I'm interested in this. Could be time to redeem themselves.

SS has good WOM so far. Plus, you want Michael Bay? laughing out loud

-Pr-
SS has good WOM so far. Plus, you want Michael Bay? laughing out loud

I'm going to see SS tomorrow night. If it's shit, I don't care how much it makes.

Michael Bay doesn't suit this kind of movie, but he's far from the worst director out there.

Zack M
Is this whole Michael bay thing a rumor or just someone you are hoping to take over?

-Pr-
Is this whole Michael bay thing a rumor or just someone you are hoping to take over?

I think Bruce was kidding when he brought him up.

I don't want him, but if people do, cool.

CosmicComet
Michael Bay is better than Snyder in every way.

BruceSkywalker
Michael Bay is better than Snyder in every way.

yes he is....

Zack M
Michael Bay generally sucks. But he did do one of my favorite movies of ALL time, which is the Rock. Pain N Gain was fun, too. Everything else is meh

Kazenji
I heard his last movie was decent, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

-Pr-
Bad Boys 1 and 2. Awesome movies.

Josh23
They should have done an of steel sequel before batman vs superman. The very reason the dropped the entire idea for a long time showed their lack of confidence in their superman movie. I hope they set things right the sequel.

Flyattractor
SUPERMAN VS LOBO!! I DEMAND IT!!!!!!

DEMAND DE MAIN MAN!!!!!!!!!

Darth Thor

Assuming he's still around in 2020 stick out tongue

quanchi112
You know Snyder is bad when people would rather have Bay. Poor DC fans.

Zack M
Assuming he's still around in 2020 stick out tongue

Don't think so negatively. wink

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by quanchi112
You know Snyder is bad when people would rather have Bay. Poor DC fans.

Michael Bay is the only way to go....

Inhuman
I could have swore I predicted black suit superman a while ago in another thread erm

BruceSkywalker
MICHAEL BAY...MICHAEL BAY

ALL HAIL MICHAEL BAY

Patient_Leech
Can we all agree not to pay to see any more of DC's movies so they stop making them?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Can we all agree not to pay to see any more of DC's movies so they stop making them?

this could veru well happen

Inhuman
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

But the DCU is doing GREAT and breaking all types of box office records. Ask Golgo for more info on this.

-Pr-
this could veru well happen

If JL sucks, it'll be the final nail for me personally unless they REALLY turn things around.

Darth Thor
If JL sucks, it'll be the final nail for me personally unless they REALLY turn things around.

Sad thing is that's just when Johns will be taking over.

-Pr-
Sad thing is that's just when Johns will be taking over.

Unless he's allowed to radically change things, I don't know what will happen.

You can put lipstick on a pig, etc...

marwash22
I could have swore I predicted black suit superman a while ago in another thread erm unless you predicted it before Dawn of Justice, that's not much of a prediction... you're just familiar with the lore, like everyone else here.

Inhuman
Originally posted by marwash22
unless you predicted it before Dawn of Justice, that's not much of a prediction... you're just familiar with the lore, like everyone else here.

It was before BvS i think.

BruceSkywalker

well you should just torrent it , that wa you wont lose money....

-Pr-
well you should just torrent it , that wa you wont lose money....

Oh, I won't be going to JL opening day (unless the next trailer is somehow the most amazing thing ever), so I'll be able to see what other people think before I make a decision whether to go and see it.

WW, I'll probably go see that soon after it comes out. It looks decent enough.

Zack M
But the DCU is doing GREAT and breaking all types of box office records. Ask Golgo for more info on this.

Because you support them, dummy. laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
Oh, I won't be going to JL opening day (unless the next trailer is somehow the most amazing thing ever), so I'll be able to see what other people think before I make a decision whether to go and see it.

WW, I'll probably go see that soon after it comes out. It looks decent enough.

i will see Wonder Woman on opening day but Justice League , even if a trailer sways me, might not make a difference

-Pr-
i will see Wonder Woman on opening day but Justice League , even if a trailer sways me, might not make a difference

For me it will depend on how good both the trailers AND WW are.

I'm still not on board with Momoa, and I'm wary of how they'll treat Flash and probably Superman, but I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Inhuman
Because you support them, dummy. laughing out loud

I do? qtired

Zack M
I do? qtired

Unless you don't pay for the movie. In that case, you probably snuck in. You're such a hoodlum. stick out tongue

Inhuman
I watch these movies hoping that they will be good. So far they have all disappointed. How else would I determine my opinion of them.
I dont go see these movies multiple times if they are shit like you do though. erm

Zack M
I watch these movies hoping that they will be good. So far they have all disappointed. How else would I determine my opinion of them.
I dont go see these movies multiple times if they are shit like you do though. erm

I'm pretty sure you knew you wouldn't like BVS. Hell, you complained about every little thing every other page. wink And guess what? You ended up not liking it. Go figure.

Zack M
Now, you'll probably not like JLA, but you'll watch it anyway, right? laughing out loud Never learn your lesson. no

Inhuman
3 strikes already. Now prob just cam rips.

BruceSkywalker
For me it will depend on how good both the trailers AND WW are.

I'm still not on board with Momoa, and I'm wary of how they'll treat Flash and probably Superman, but I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Supes is black now lol.....

there only hope is too rename/rebrand the DCEU Batman and his bitches lol oh and hire Michael Bay

Zack M
laughing out loud Superman isn't black.

Inhuman
laughing out loud Superman isn't black.

Do you even read comics? erm

http://i.imgur.com/9jqqr11.jpg

Zack M

http://i64.tinypic.com/2e5tiye.jpg

Inhuman
http://i64.tinypic.com/2e5tiye.jpg

Reported for racism

BruceSkywalker

this is funny..

guys vote for who you think Batfleck should fight in the solo film..

I chose other and penciled in Zack Snyder...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-ben-affleck-movie-villain-who-is-it-920066

Zack M
Reported for racism

rolling on floor laughing

quanchi112
You know things are bad when Man of Steel is the best film according to the critics thus far.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/16/opinion-after-suicide-squad-the-dceu-is-in-real-trouble

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Supes is black now lol.....

there only hope is too rename/rebrand the DCEU Batman and his bitches lol oh and hire Michael Bay

None of what you said makes any sense.

BruceSkywalker
None of what you said makes any sense.

lol/// Cavil teased waring the black superman suit....

2nd.. since batman sells , make everything about him and only him , make everyone else secondary and tertiary characters,, real simple

(IN LEDGER JOKER MODE) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Pr-
Oh the black suit, right. As long as there's no mullet.

marwash22
oh, there will be mullet, pr.

a beautiful, luxurious mullet.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
oh, there will be mullet, pr.

a beautiful, luxurious mullet.

...and don;t forgot Cavil will be scowling even more lol

Zack M
Remember all those 4chan rumors someone here posted not too long ago?

Most of them didn't pan out.

Zack M
JJ Abrams to direct MOS 2? George Miller and New Gods? Probably not, but there are rumors going around.

http://movieweb.com/man-of-steel-2-director-jj-abrams-superman/

Miller on New Gods would be phucken EPIC.

playa1258
JJ Abrams directing MOS 2 would make Quan the biggest Superman fan ever.

Mindset
Oh the black suit, right. As long as there's no mullet. There's no point if he doesn't have a mullet.

marwash22
pr is obvious bald.

only a follicly challenged person would hate on those luxurious locks.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Also, no @ Abrams for Superman. Did anyone read the script he wrote? It was bad. Very bad.

Ridley_Prime
Worse than something Synder would have? Am curious about the script now.

-Pr-
https://www.google.ie/search?q=jj+abrams+superman+script&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-IE:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=ybq3V_n7DKPagAbrgaL4Cw

CosmicComet
Phuck no to Abrams.

-Pr-
I like Abrams generally, but I think he lacks a certain... Heart, required to a deep, interesting Superman story, which is what Superman needs right now in cinema.

Kazenji
If Abrams got the job he'll most likely do some nods to the Christopher Reeve's movies.

-Pr-
Not entirely sure that would be a good thing, tbh.

Zack M
I like Abrams generally, but I think he lacks a certain... Heart, required to a deep, interesting Superman story, which is what Superman needs right now in cinema.

Who would you pick?

-Pr-
Who would you pick?

Unless Richard Donner is up for it, I don't know. I worry more about the person writing it than the director anyway, tbh.

SquallX
lol/// Cavil teased waring the black superman suit....

2nd.. since batman sells , make everything about him and only him , make everyone else secondary and tertiary characters,, real simple

(IN LEDGER JOKER MODE) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you even know Superman's lore?

There's a specific reason why he donned the black suit. Go back and read the Death and Return Of Superman.

Kazenji
Jokes on you

i'm sure Bruce does know the lore behind the black suit.

wakkawakkawakka
So what's all this talk about black suits?

If this movie is really happening I'm waiting for Ma and Pa Kent to inevitably have a conversation trying to convince Clark to destroy all humans. I mean the set-up is already present.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SquallX
Do you even know Superman's lore?

There's a specific reason why he donned the black suit. Go back and read the Death and Return Of Superman.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.. I own every Superman comic book so I know the lore.... prolly won;t be much of a difference anyway since they'll find a way to f&ck it up...

Ascendancy
I didn't realize that the director who did MoS did BvS. Aside from the complete idiocy of Zod and Supes both laying waste to the city in the final fight I loved MoS.

As to who should take over now, I dunno. Maybe whoever did Thor: The Dark World? Whoever did Edge of Tomorrow? Whoever did District 9? Pretty much anyone who won't let the grit of the film be thrown away and won't go off the deep end turning it into nothing but an action wank.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.