Superman Dynasty Vs Entire Lantern Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i67.tinypic.com/mhsrhw.jpg

vs

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ug1gud.jpg

"Id"
Superman Dynasty has the Thought Robot. The entire Corps, even with Cosmic Hitters like ZH Parallax, God of Light Hal, or Kyle with Life Equation...all come up short, because of him.

Not including the Thought Robot, would make for a better topic.

Cogito
The Thought Robot isn't part of the Dynasty, but there is a 5D Imp, so...

Zack M
NO thought robot. lol

Sin I AM
Have there been any arcs referencong future laterns?

Cogito
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Have there been any arcs referencong future laterns?

Yes. In one, in the 30th century Sodam Yat is the only Lantern left.

By the time Superman Prime decided to come out of the sun, there were no Lanterns left (except Prime got a ring, so mmm)

jrodslam
Adam still has his ring too. Cant STEL take control of any machinery?

krisblaze
The thought robot isn't superman's property or a part of the dynasty.

The monitors own that shit.

DarkSaint85
Not sure how the Supermen deal with Dkrtzy RRR....

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
but there is a 5D Imp, so... thumb up

Dynasty stomps.

Sin I AM
Yes. In one, in the 30th century Sodam Yat is the only Lantern left.

By the time Superman Prime decided to come out of the sun, there were no Lanterns left (except Prime got a ring, so mmm)

Yea. I remember that and i hate yat. Meh i was hoping for something else. Lanterns just always come off as weak as a whole to me

Delta1938
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yea. I remember that and i hate yat. Meh i was hoping for something else. Lanterns just always come off as weak as a whole to me

Rond Vidar, son of Universo. The only two feats I know of for him are pretty uber.

abhilegend
White Lantern Sinestro should solo.

Galan007
We know for sure at least one 5D Imp(Klyzyzk Klzntplkz) is a member of the Superman Squad:
http://i.imgur.com/d9Gz0dG.jpg

However, it was also implied that in the future Mxy & Bat-Mite are part of the Squad/Dynasty as well:
http://i.imgur.com/ZeMT1cc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/22Cjmdj.jpg

So yeah... You could give Sinestro(or whoever) all the power of every spectrum and he wouldn't beat *one* Imp... Nevermind *three* of them. Imo. /shrug

krisblaze
Don't listen to Abhi, he's just a hater.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
We know for sure at least one 5D Imp(Klyzyzk Klzntplkz) is a member of the Superman Squad:
http://i.imgur.com/d9Gz0dG.jpg

However, it was also implied that in the future Mxy & Bat-Mite are part of the Squad/Dynasty as well:
http://i.imgur.com/ZeMT1cc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/22Cjmdj.jpg

So yeah... You could give Sinestro(or whoever) all the power of every spectrum and he wouldn't beat *one* Imp... Nevermind *three* of them. Imo. /shrug
Meh, Mxy and Bat mite are one thing. I'll put WL Sinestro above any random Imp.

Galan007
Even 'random Imps' are >>> the likes of Corrigan-Spectre, can penetrate and control reality/Hypertime on any level, can create and endlessly shape their own realities, etc.

WL Sinestro(who could scarcely control the white light as it was) isn't beating that, imo. If Mxy & Bat-Mite are included, it's obviously spite.

abhilegend
Even 'random Imps' are >>> the likes of Corrigan-Spectre, can penetrate and control reality/Hypertime on any level, can create and endlessly shape their own realities, etc.

WL Sinestro(who could scarcely control the white light as it was) isn't beating that, imo. If Mxy & Bat-Mite are included, it's obviously spite.
And random imps can get stomped by random quantum mechanics. Thunderbolt himself got stomped by Spectre in DOV and Mordru.

Yeah, I disagree with that. Mxy would win on his own, so will Bat mite. No other Imp has feats to beat WL Sinestro.

Galan007
Qwsp and Lkz would stomp WL Sinestro as well, and they were certainly never implied to be beyond your average Imp... I have no doubt whatsoever that any decently written/PIS-free Imp would stomp here.

T-Bolt's a D'jinn... He's all over the place at times. He would literally allow himself to be destroyed without an explicit order from his master to the contrary.

abhilegend
Qwsp and Lkz would stomp WL Sinestro as well, and they were certainly never implied to be beyond your average Imp... I have no doubt whatsoever that any decently written/PIS-free Imp would stomp here.

T-Bolt's a D'jinn... He's all over the place at times. He would literally allow himself to be destroyed without an explicit order from his master to the contrary.
Qwsp was all talk. In a fight he wasn't above Thunderbolt.

Lkz and Yz merged to become Thunderbolt.

And Thunderbolt had been given order to banish Spectre. Instead Spectre banished him.

So yeah, I doubt he wasn't giving his best there to banish Spectre.

thumb up

Galan007
Again, T-Bolt is just a very inconsistent D'jinn. Sometimes he's pathetic, and other times he's uber as hell.

His inability to beat Spectre is proof of that. Lkz alone, for example, was able to own Spectre and leave him comatose/imprisoned in the subtle planes -- a display of power that shocked even the Pax Dei. So meh...

As for Qwsp: we were given no reason at all to doubt the claims he made about his own power. By their very nature, Imps have total mastery/control over Hypertime/reality.

abhilegend
That's why I said WL Sinestro would win against a random imp.

Agree to disagree.

Cogito
WL Sinestro did as close to nothing as you can and still appear on panel. To say that he was universal, let alone that he could beat an Imp, is a complete joke. erm

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's why I said WL Sinestro would win against a random imp.

Agree to disagree. K. I still think the Dynasty stomps, though. stick out tongue

Their ranks include:
-Multiple 5D Imps(though if Mxy and Bat-Mite are included, this is obviously spite.)
-Superman Prime, who acts as the battery for the entire Dynasty, has powers gleaned from the Source, sundipped for thousands of years, can evidently preserve entire realities in time, has a GL ring, etc.
-Superman M*, who has powers "far beyond any metahuman, ever."
-Titano, who has galaxy-level psi-abilities.
-SuperStar, a sentient solar system.
-SuperEgo, a metatextual thought-form -- a sentient "good idea".
-etc. etc. etc.

Heck, a small group of the Dynasty's totality was evidently capable of fighting the Infinite Man -- one of the most powerful cosmic baddies in DC.

The *only* real threat, imo, is WL Sinestro... But you're not convincing me that he's beating an Imp('random' or not)... Let alone the entire Dynasty. /shrug

WL Sinestro did as close to nothing as you can and still appear on panel. To say that he was universal, let alone that he could beat an Imp, is a complete joke. erm thumb up

And he was only able to control the power for a few pages before it started slipping.

Zack M
K. I still think the Dynasty stomps, though. stick out tongue

Their ranks include:
-Multiple 5D Imps(though if Mxy and Bat-Mite are included, this is obviously spite.)
-Superman Prime, who acts as the battery for the entire Dynasty, has powers gleaned from the Source, can preserve realities in time, a GL ring, etc.
-Superstar, a sentient solar system.
-etc. etc. etc.

Heck, a small group of the Dynasty's totality was evidently capable of fighting the Infinite Man -- one of the most powerful cosmic baddies in DC.

The *only* real threat, imo, is WL Sinestro... But you're not convincing me that he's beating Klyz... Let alone the entire Dynasty. /shrug

thumb up

And he was only able to control the power for a few pages before it started slipping.

So, basically a full forced Superman Dynasty is probably the strongest force/team in all comics?

Galan007
If you include the Imps, definitely.

Zack M
Shit, even if you don't include the Imps, I say it's the most impressive force in comics.

abhilegend
WL Sinestro did as close to nothing as you can and still appear on panel. To say that he was universal, let alone that he could beat an Imp, is a complete joke. erm
He controlled the power which created the universe.

To say he wasn't universal IS a joke.

I know you don't want emotional entities to be that powerful, but it is what it is. Originally posted by Galan007
K. I still think the Dynasty stomps, though. stick out tongue

Their ranks include:
-Superman Prime, who acts as the battery for the entire Dynasty, has powers gleaned from the Source, sundipped for thousands of years, can evidently preserve entire realities in time, has a GL ring, etc.
-SuperStar, a sentient solar system.
-etc. etc. etc.

The *only* real threat, imo, is WL Sinestro... But you're not convincing me that he's beating an Imp('random' or not)... Let alone the entire Dynasty. /shrug

thumb up

And what did this random imp did which was so impressive?

His only appearance is him failing to chain chronovore

Way to impress.

Cogito
http://imgur.com/rqzm6uG

Ganthet: "Sinestro is losing control of the Entity. His Ego is fueling it rather than his Will to survive"
Hal: "Then I can--"
Ganthey: No one can control the entity. It will reject you as it has Sinestro"

K, we done here?

abhilegend
Eh, it was only because of his ego that he lost control and the fact that he was fighting Nekron, a bonafide death Abstract.

What's next on your denial list?

Cogito
Except that Hal tried to interject suggesting his willpower could control it, and Ganthet immediately shut that shit down.

I mean seriously, it's right there.

Galan007
And what did this random imp did which was so impressive?

His only appearance is him failing to chain chronovore

Way to impress. You say this like WL Sinestro has a plethora of feats to pick from. laughing out loud

His only feat is exploiting Nekron's easily exploitable weakness, and then losing control of the white power(*no racist*)

Anyway, judging by what we've seen of Imps as a whole over the years(especially Imps written by Morrison), they are each extremely powerful. Hell, I've never seen an instance where Morrison has written an Imp that *wasn't* ridiculously OP -- even as recently as the DCnU, where he had Imps literally transcending the concept of 'story', creating thought-forms of their own, pulling universes out of hats, etc.

I mention Morrison's take on Imps, because Klyz(the Imp in the Superman Squad) was created by Morrison... So I'm not sure why you think he would randomly make this one Imp weaker than the others for some reason..? Aside from that, Mxy has also stated that most Imps create, and endlessly reshape, their own realities for the lulz -- implying that all Imps can whimsically operate on a very haxx/universal level.

Not sure why you think WL Sinestro(who could only control said power for a few pages, mind you) can beat an Imp..?

abhilegend
Except that Hal tried to interject suggesting his willpower could control it, and Ganthet immediately shut that shit down.

I mean seriously, it's right there.
But Hal did control the power of Entity. Originally posted by Galan007
You say this like WL Sinestro has a plethora of feats to pick from. laughing out loud

His only feat is exploiting Nekron's easily exploitable weakness, and then losing control of the white power(*no racist*)

Anyway, judging by what we've seen of Imps as a whole over the years(especially Imps written by Morrison), they are each extremely powerful. Hell, I've never seen an instance where Morrison has written an Imp that *wasn't* ridiculously OP -- even as recently as the DCnU, where he had Imps literally transcending the concept of 'story', creating thought-forms of their own, pulling universes out of hats, etc.

I mention Morrison's take on Imps, because Klyz(the Imp in the Superman Squad) was created by Morrison... So I'm not sure why you think he would randomly make this one Imp weaker than the others for some reason..? Aside from that, Mxy has also stated that most Imps create, and endlessly reshape, their own realities for the lulz -- implying that all Imps can whimsically operate on a very haxx/universal level.

Not sure why you think WL Sinestro(who could only control said power for a few pages, mind you) can beat an Imp..?
Because you can't just create feats for imps which they have never shown.

And I'm sure Nekron>Chronovore.

Galan007
Because you can't just create feats for imps which they have never shown. But we can use logical power-scaling, based on feats comparable beings of the same race have preformed under the same writer.

Power-scaling is how you arrived at the conclusion that WL Sinestro is a universal power, for example.

abhilegend
Because he has the power which actually created the universe.

That random imp doesn't.

Galan007
Depends how you're gauging him. If we come up with an average based on feats(both low and high) the other Imps have accumulated(which is fair), then he's still on an extremely high level overall.

I have a feeling we'll have to go the agree to disagree route here. wink

abhilegend
Yes.

But I'm right and you are wrong.

sneer

Delta1938
Calm down, you're both pretty.

Galan007
peaches

Delta1938
laughing

But yeah, I'm thinking Superman Dynasty wins.

Cogito
But Hal did control the power of Entity. Hal was never host to the Entity.

He flies at it, then we don't see what happens, then suddenly Hal and 9 others are White Lanterns. Then on the next page we see the Entity outside out Hal and all of the other White Lanterns, clearly showing that he was just a Lantern, not a host. Also, if anything, he was controlling 1/10th of the Entity.

Because he has the power which actually created the universe.

He very clearly does not. He played host for a half dozen panels, very explicitly did not have control of the Entity, and then it was ripped out of him like a feeb.

To jump from that shit to "zomg universal powa!!" is comically absurd.

Even if the Entity is capable of creating a universe (and you already posted a scan that said the universe existed when the Entity came into being), then you at least have to acknowledge that Sinestro was woefully incapable of tapping all that power. You don't just gain mastery the moment you get a new toy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.