Films you enjoyed but dislike now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Everyone has a movie that for a particular point in your life meant something to you, but whether through changes or just changing taste in film you no longer enjoy as much. What are some films that you enjoyed a number of years ago but for your own reasons can't look back at without disliking it? Is it because a certain part of it hasn't aged well, or you've just become more accustomed to another style of cinema?

Darth Thor
Really Enjoyed Batman Forever as a kid. Can't sit through it anymore though.

Surtur
Really enjoyed Schindlers List as a child, but now?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Really Enjoyed Batman Forever as a kid. Can't sit through it anymore though.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Really Enjoyed Batman Forever as a kid. Can't sit through it anymore though. thumb up exactly my experience

Dr Will Hatch
This hasn't happened to me too often. I can't really think of an example. Movies and stuff that I enjoyed while I was younger I still generally enjoy.

Zack M
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zack M
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. That movie is awesome, how can you dislike it?

Zack M
Originally posted by Jmanghan
That movie is awesome, how can you dislike it?

It's OK. Definitely some funny parts. Probably saw the movie like 5 times in the theater and liked it each and every time, but the last time I watched it, it wasn't very good. Hardly laughed.

I liked Clerks 2 better.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zack M
It's OK. Definitely some funny parts. Probably saw the movie like 5 times in the theater and liked it each and every time, but the last time I watched it, it wasn't very good. Hardly laughed.

I liked Clerks 2 better. Agree.

Flyattractor
Used to love Goonies when I was a kid, now all I can see are Loud and Annoying Kids I wanna kick in the ass...

cdtm
Hmm... Tbh, a lot of 80's and 90's movies fill that bill. Pretty much any martial arts/action movie ever with with Steven Seagal or Jean Claud Van Damme won't entertain quite like it used to.

Jackie Chan movies tend to hold up better, because it has more going for it then people getting their arses kicked.

MF DELPH
Home Alone 1 & 2. When I was a kid they were the shit. As an adult they are terrible slapstick.

The Nuul
star trek: into the darkness thumb down

Khazra Reborn
The Crow. I'm not really sure if it's because of the quality of the film, or because my friends ruined it in high school.

Either way, my opinion is kind of biased on that one.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by The Nuul
star trek: into the darkness thumb down

wendyhudgesf
I once enjoyed Star Wars but when they release its prequels that's the time I started to get annoyed.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Home Alone 1 & 2. When I was a kid they were the shit. As an adult they are terrible slapstick.

You fiend. I still crack up at both of them. Guess it's because in some ways I just refuse to grow up.

Lord Lucien
Lion King. F*cking Timone and Pumba.

heathjack
disney's blank check
man of the house
kid in kings arthur's court
the page master
adventure in baby's setting
edward scissorhands
bettel beetlejuice i enjoy the cartoon series better!!

DarthAnt66
The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

MF DELPH
Willow. I liked it as a kid. It's unwatchable nowadays.

Also ET and Hook. There stock has dropped considerably.

Lord Lucien
Whatever you say, peck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.