Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
jbtmW3ydOkU

Kazenji
Hope it is the final movie.

Esau Cairn
Mad Mila meets Matrix.

Arachnid1
Please end this chit series so I can get a proper RE series.

marwash22
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Please end this chit series so I can get a proper RE series. Milla and her shitty director husband will not be deterred by your desires.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
Milla and her shitty director husband will not be deterred by your desires.

Haha, yeah.. watch them announce another 2 or 3 sequels after this.

The trolling will continue!

marwash22
yeah, this is obviously, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Part 1

Kazenji
Yeah, it'll be like the Friday the 13th movies, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.

quanchi112
Juggerman actually likes this series. laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
should be decent violence

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by quanchi112
Juggerman actually likes this series. laughing out loud

I do too. It's not quality, but it's mindlessly entertaining. Like Underworld, or your mom on Saturday nights.

Ridley_Prime
Looking at the trailers again, I noticed the bat-centipede looking boss you encounter a couple times in RE5, the Bloodshots in RE6 (the skinless zombies that just leap at ya), along with some weapon fanservice like the Hydra shotgun... Yeah, these movies tend to suck as a whole, but they are fun entertainment in a similar vein to stuff like Underworld, and I'd still watch this over the current Ghostbusters or something (at least I find the CG of these flicks better lookin), though that's not saying much. But hopefully after this, if the movie stays true to its title, fans will get the kind of live action RE they deserve as a reboot or somethin'.

Zack M
Originally posted by Kazenji
Hope it is the final movie.

Supposedly it is.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, these movies tend to suck as a whole, but they are fun entertainment in a similar vein to stuff like Underworld

Agreed. I enjoy it more than Underworld, actually.

But hopefully after this, if the movie stays true to its title, fans will get the kind of live action RE they deserve as a reboot or somethin'.

I really doubt it.

The best you can hope for is the next CG film being good.

Zack M
This one looks to be the best RE, by far.

StiltmanFTW
Based on...?

Maybe I watched the wrong trailer or something.

Nemesis X
The first Resident Evil movie was the closest to it's namesake unlike the Matrix inspired sequels that showed up afterward. The mystery, the creep factor, it's atmosphere were okay. Even the Licker felt like a final boss in a sense with the protagonist having to flee until she was forced to do battle with the creature in it's evolved form on a speeding train by the end which is what would happen in an RE game. This was when Alice felt mortal and not a Mary Sue even if she did go Jackie Chan on a zombie hound that one time. But later on, so the franchise can lose it's identity, Alice was bestowed superhuman abilities that could help her fight even Tyrants in H2H. Not to mention having telekinesis because that's what you remember protagonists having in the games. These powers would be later removed giving the fifth movie, Retribution, a decent rating but like all good things, this was shortly lived as she was given those same powers that were taken from her. I'm worried the Final Chapter is going to be another Apocalypse/Extinction now that she has them back.

Kazenji
Zxo0aoetVAo

Zack M
1st one is the best, but this looks like good action. Never seen that trailer. thumb up

Patient_Leech
Sounds like he didn't like... lol

Grade: F

NdOeBjatEjA

Kazenji
And they claimed they saved the best for last.

Ridley_Prime
Well critics are saying it's the best in the series, so maybe it did something right or better. Will check it out tomorrow regardless to see how the shit train ends.

Kazenji
rdVDtCL4E_I

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Sounds like he didn't like... lol

Grade: F

NdOeBjatEjA

If this is Chris Stuckmann's review (can't see the video on my computer), boy...did he tear this thing to shreds. Paul W.S. Anderson needs another Event Horizon.

Ridley_Prime
Or another Mortal Kombat. But yeah, glad this series is wrapped up. Last film left me feeling about how I'd expect, though there were enjoyable action scenes and stuff here and there.

Aside from having very little to do with the games' plotline, one of the worst things about this film franchise is the disjointed lack of consistency or continuity between each films. Like they're almost in no way connected to each other, making the sequels retcon the preview films, like what Umbrella's reasoning was for doing this, or who its leader was, etc. Then there's those certain game characters disappearing by the next film without any clue as to their fate, though I'll have to chalk that off as them not being able to get all the actors back, so they try to make you forget about Chris and whatnot.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
rdVDtCL4E_I

It sounds like a masterpiece of cinema.

I can't wait to laugh at it on my small screen.

quanchi112
How can anyone like this excrement.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by quanchi112
How can anyone like this excrement.

People do, its going to be a hit for Sony.. As for myself, I will see it free real soon

Arachnid1
I honestly cant believe someone died on set and another person was mutilated to make this garbage movie. It's fking unreal. Unconscionable. This fking film isn't worth a hangnail.

Ridley_Prime
Wait, whom got killed and mutilated on set, and how? Wtf

Kazenji
Some stunt people got hurt and killed.

Ridley_Prime
Just looked it up... The stunt person got put in a coma who may never be able to ride a motorcycle again, while a crew member accidentally got crushed by one of the props on set.

****ed up.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This fking film isn't worth a hangnail.

lol

Paul WS Anderson should not be allowed to write anything. Especially not write & direct. He can be a decent director with a decent script, but if he writes it you can be assured it's gonna be horrible.

For example he did not write Event Horizon, The Three Musketeers, or Soldier. All of which are pretty good movies.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I've been hearing that this is really bad. I will wait until I don't have to pay to watch it.

Impediment
Angry Joe obviously disliked this film.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
Angry Joe obviously disliked this film.
Good detective work there, Sherlock. How many Doctorate degrees did you need to come to that conclusion?

Ridley_Prime
You don't need to be a Joe dickrider to know that this isn't a good film. Haven't watched his videos on this but while I'm sure they're more or less spot on for a film of this caliber, he's still horrible when it comes to movie reviews in general imo, and basically thinks BatmanVSuperman is good because of his DC fanboyism. The chum should stick only to game reviews for the most part.

Ascendancy
You don't need to be a Joe dickrider to know that this isn't a good film. Haven't watched his videos on this but while I'm sure they're more or less spot on for a film of this caliber, he's still horrible when it comes to movie reviews in general imo, and basically thinks BatmanVSuperman is good because of his DC fanboyism. The chum should stick only to game reviews for the most part.

He really thought BvS was good? I couldn't get through 30 mins of it, and I have powered through some atrocious cinema in my day.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ascendancy
He really thought BvS was good? .

So did many other people

big whoop if they did enojoyed it.

Ridley_Prime
But as a reviewer it just makes him look even more biased and stuff; at least when it comes to DC/Superman, even though he'll slam any other kind of movie that happens to be shit, yet he recommended people to go see BvS.

Patient_Leech
He really did recommend BvS? Not with a caveat like, "if you just want to see these two characters on screen together"?

Ridley_Prime
Pretty much did, iirc.

Kazenji
They're rebooting these movies

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/constantin-film-is-developing-a-resident-evil-reboot-140

if it ends up being more of the same shit, I'm not interested.

Patient_Leech
Who is going to write/direct? That is the question.

Surtur
Like a zombie this series just won't die.

I enjoyed the CGI Resident Evil Degeneration movie far more than any of the live action ones.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
I enjoyed the CGI Resident Evil Degeneration movie far more than any of the live action ones.

Well, when in the first film the virus spreads through the air conditioning ducts in the super fancy underground facility you know you're not exactly in for a stellar series. Oh, oops, we forgot to have separate air conditioning for the quarantined areas.

Ridley_Prime
If the reboot doesn't have Alice in any way then I'll actually consider giving it a shot, since you know, it would make the main game characters more important again. The live actions thus far have at least had good casting choices for them, just they didn't get to do that much under the scripts. If the reboot does have Alice though (god forbid), then I'll pass on this after everything that's happened. Depends on whose writing/directing as pointed out.

Zack M
So, we're going to actually get Leon?

Surtur
I remember having the Resident Evil 2 game and it having some contest about getting a part in the movie.

I wonder what pour soul got that part? What part was it? Random zombie #4?

BruceSkywalker
will pass unless i like the actress being cast

Zack M
Yeah, she better be hot. Lol

Zack M
Hmm, James wan is the producer. Interesting.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will pass unless i like the actress being cast

So do you think they'll stick with the female heroine again? Why not do a male lead this time? Are the games exclusively female leads?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack M
Hmm, James wan is the producer. Interesting.

Really?

good start so far

another character they stuffed up on was Carlos Oliveira, An israeli playing a South American.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
So do you think they'll stick with the female heroine again? Why not do a male lead this time? Are the games exclusively female leads?
No, they're about even between male and female leads. The movie series happened to only be the latter since it was Anderson's way of making his wife look cool.

prabhash.s
Finally an end to the series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.