Can anyone Defeat Maul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust

Kurk
Maul is invincible

NewGuy01
On the point of Mighella, like many other things, Nightsisters changed dramatically with 2010's TCW. The classic Nightsisters were consistently depicted as far fewer in number, and much more individually powerful.

Always been curious on the subject of Siolo'urmanka. IIRC the text describes him as a "Jedi War Hero" or something along those lines, but it's never elaborated upon what war he participated in, how old he was, or anything of the sort.

Zenwolf
What?

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-mighella-respect-thread-1766196/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/nightsisters-respect-thread-1781764/

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
On the point of Mighella, like many other things, Nightsisters changed dramatically with 2010's TCW. The classic Nightsisters were consistently depicted as far fewer in number, and much more individually powerful.

Always been curious on the subject of Siolo'urmanka. IIRC the text describes him as a "Jedi War Hero" or something along those lines, but it's never elaborated upon what war he participated in, how old he was, or anything of the sort.

He was described as one of the greatest living Jedi warriors.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Zenwolf
What?

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-mighella-respect-thread-1766196/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/nightsisters-respect-thread-1781764/

Oh?

And would you like to point out the quotes that contradict that notion? I've already included the only one that discusses her skills. It was underwhelming.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Oh?

And would you like to point out the quotes that contradict that notion? I've already included the only one that discusses her skills. It was underwhelming.

Nothing to her name? Despite at least 1 direct quote about her and 4 other indirect quotes which would apply to Mighella, saying how skilled and powerful she would be.

She has more than just 1 quote to her name that would give more to her abilities.

MythLord
Zen, he's trolling. Ignore him.

Ziggystardust

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by MythLord
Zen, he's trolling. Ignore him.

This is honestly getting old.

Edit : I'm not trolling, so please stop derailing the discussion.

chingchangwalla
Urmanka is cool man, I have no problem Maul losing to him. Losing to TPM Kenobi was gross and Kanan is ****ing disgusting.

Solar Power

Zenwolf
Wow Solar next time paragraphs and spacing. But I agree the SWU works a little different than comics do about what can challenge or defeat bigger characters.

NewGuy01
hello drew

chingchangwalla
It's all just inconsistencies with writing. Different writers have different interpretations on each character :/
Can't always hold it against the character's combat ability.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
It's all just inconsistencies with writing. Different writers have different interpretations on each character :/
Can't always hold it against the character's combat ability.

True dat

Zenwolf
To further press this and get some idea of people's thinking.

Why is it bad lesser characters give challenge to bigger ones?

I'm not really seeing the issue here. Let's take an example here for a minute.

Character A has been around for years, to showcase feats and so forth and generally being noted as a deadly combatant.

Character B however appears in all of 1 comic issue with A and gives him a fight, B character is noted in other sources as being a deadly combatant and having various weapons and abilities.

Character A however beats B regardless of this, yet is still given a fight.

Now which is better? Character A just wading through thugs?

Or Character A beating lesser Character B in a fight?

I would assume the 2nd choice, which then this wouldn't diminish Character A's abilities as a character at all, it would make it a greater showing rather then him just going through some random thugs.

This is what Star Wars does a lot of the time. It actually expands on the Universe as a whole when they do this, the SWU everything is given detail, even to the smallest thing a lot of the time.

You don't have a main character just go and beat up some guys and that's the end of it.

Solar Power
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Wow Solar next time paragraphs and spacing. But I agree the SWU works a little different than comics do about what can challenge or defeat bigger characters.

Sorry, when I post I kinda just write what I'm thinking then hit reply. I'll try to present my thoughts better in the future!

DarthAnt66
Awh, a youngster. I like you, SP.

Ziggystardust
So as it turns out, I was completely spot on with my assessment of Darth Maul.

Nephthys
Congratulations, thoughts about the future?

UCanShootMyNova
Yes.

UCanShootMyNova
And can you make a Maul disrespect thread like with Thanaton?

carthage
He's probably marginally above Qui Gon at best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.