Can cut content or cancelled games/novels...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
...be used in Respect Threads?

Sel was talking about how cut content should be allowed to be used in versus threads, so I was wondering if it'd be appropriate for versus threads.

darthbane77
If we have excerpts from the novels an cutscenes from games available to us then I think they should be used. I'd use the TSLRCM for KOTOR II as a perfect example, as it was content fully intended to be used in-game and was only cut due to time restrictions.

Jmanghan
What about games like the Cancelled Battlefront 3 and others?

ares834
No and no.

UCanShootMyNova
What do you think of fully animated deleted movie scenes that would have been put in if not for time constraints.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Jmanghan
What about games like the Cancelled Battlefront 3 and others? Those I don't think can, mostly because there wasn't enough information on what it was about or anything. Though Battlefront 3 seemed like it was basically going to be Elite Squadron on console.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
No and no.

quanchi112
No.

NewGuy01
You can put whatever the fvck you want on the thread. People can choose whether or not to take it seriously.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You can put whatever the fvck you want on the thread. People can choose whether or not to take it seriously. Not on a reddit thread, which is good for people who can't or don't make gifs.

You can't make gifs for Elite Squadron, possibly Battlefront 3.

Ok, so there's leaked cinematics from Battlefront 3 and there are a few scenes in which there is some impressive shit, like X2 beating Master Ferroda with an Electrostaff in pure melee combat, as well as X1, by the time he fought Falon Grey on Dantooine, says: "I can't tell you how many times I've faced Jedi who thought they were the ones who were gonna kill me".

Which implies he killed Jedi before.

There's a strength feat for X1 and X2 (Lifting strength), and feats for Ferroda in H2H combat in which he takes out a group of clones without using the Force or a Lightsaber.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You can put whatever the fvck you want on the thread. People can choose whether or not to take it seriously.
thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb up Yeah, but, I want shit that people can't exactly dispute.

Cinematics also show how X1 captured Luke.

X1 was preparing to fight, but Luke surrendered due to being surrounded and because they were going to kill Skywalker's men.

DarthAnt66
Can you link?

Jmanghan
Can you link? No, but I can tell you the exact title so you can google it.

It shows EVERY single cinematic that was planned from Battlefront 3, unfortunately, for a lot of the scenes, only the guns were modeled in.

DarthAnt66
No, but I can tell you the exact title so you can google it.
Sure.

Jmanghan
Sure. Its close to the end.

But you need to listen to voices because shit isn't modeled.

The attached picture shows the actual video I watched.

ares834
No, but I can tell you the exact title so you can google it.

It shows EVERY single cinematic that was planned from Battlefront 3, unfortunately, for a lot of the scenes, only the guns were modeled in.

So it's non-canon. Cool.

DarthAnt66
EDIT: mmm

Jmanghan
So it's non-canon. Cool. I didn't really read what Sel wrote because it was too much and I wasn't in the mood at the time, did she actually debunk cut content being non-applicable as a feat/accolade?

Jmanghan
EDIT: mmm The top one, by Jake Foley.

ares834
I don't know what her argument was. But, IMO, if it's not part of an official release there is no reason to consider it is canon regardless of the writers's intent. Until it's officially released or some canon arbiter says otherwise, I see no reason to include it regardless of why it was cut.

In this case though, it's even more clear cut as the game wasn't even released and isn't canon.

Jmanghan
I don't know what her argument was. But, IMO, if it's not part of an official release there is no reason to consider it is canon regardless of the writers's intent. Until it's officially released or some canon arbiter says otherwise, I see no reason to include it regardless of why it was cut.

In this case though, it's even more clear cut as the game wasn't even released and isn't canon. She and Beni were quoting people like Leland Chee who were basically saying it was canon, at least that was the gist of it, I think.

ares834
In which case, whatever Chee was specifically talking about likely is canon.

Jmanghan
In which case, whatever Chee was specifically talking about likely is canon. They were talking about deleted scenes and stuff in general that doesn't conflict with the actual continuity.

FreshestSlice
Everything that is cut isn't cut for the same reasons some of the material in KotOR II was cut.

ares834
They were talking about deleted scenes and stuff in general that doesn't conflict with the actual continuity.

I'd need to see a specific quote to make a judgment on that.

Regardless, it's irrelevant for the Battlefront 3 cut-scenes as those were from an unpublished game and aren't deleted scenes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.