Characters that you LOVE that you would never use in versus threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Rules: Argument can't be that we haven't seen them in combat.

Must be a character that has been in 2 or more combat situations.

With that being said, Discuss!

MythLord
If they've been in two or more combat situations -- unless said combat situations are filled with circumstances up the ass, which not a lot of them are -- then I see no reason why we shouldn't use them in a versus thread.

Shit thread, waste of time, an hero. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
If they've been in two or more combat situations -- unless said combat situations are filled with circumstances up the ass, which not a lot of them are -- then I see no reason why we shouldn't use them in a versus thread.

Shit thread, waste of time, an hero. thumb up Because they might be an unpopular character, and no one will post? erm

Do you think before you post?

ILS
The more characters used and the greater variety of matchups, the better discussion. There's few if any I would shy away from using even if the thread just spawns a tangent discussion.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ILS
The more characters used and the greater variety of matchups, the better discussion. There's few if any I would shy away from using even if the thread just spawns a tangent discussion. You are one in a million these days, my friend.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Because they might be an unpopular character, and no one will post? erm

Do you think before you post?

A risk anyone who isn't a self-conscious ***** is willing to take. Besides, everyone on this site gets a notification or sees when a new thread is made, and on other sites you can bump or tag people... at least one person will post.

Do you have anything else to do but make cheap excuses to make yourself seem less stupid?

ILS
I don't get notifications.

I swear I discover a new feature for this site once a year.

MythLord
Not really outright notifications like on CV, ut every time I log in, I just see: NEW INSERT NAME OF COMBATANT HERE VS INSERT NAME OF COMBATANT HERE So it's kinda heard to ignore when there's a bright yellow screaming at you NEW and then you kinda implusively read the battle.

I mean: people here have commented on threads about that Bees Knees, blue elephant fellow.

ILS
Oh right yeah.
Stop being pussy OP. Make all the threads.

Kurk
I don't hold back from using anyone. You're trying too hard Jman

NewGuy01
None, I don't love shit characters.

Deronn_solo
LAL.

Why are you guys always so hard on Jman?

UCanShootMyNova
Because KMC is full of beta males IRL and they have to vent their emotions somewhere.

Selenial
Yeh, this is actually an interesting thread, tbh.

I'll throw out an unexpected name I guess, Sidious. I've recently come to the decision that arguing his superiority over certain characters or teams has been done so many times in the past that it's no longer worth repeating. He's one of the few characters that absolutely everyone has an opinion on, and almost no one is willing to change it. I don't see the point getting in his corner, or arguing against someone defending Sidious anymore.

NewGuy01
Ngl, agreed. Then again, he's still plenty viable to use in team VS...

DarthAnt66
Prime Luke, although I don't necessarily *love* him.

Jmanghan
Not really outright notifications like on CV, ut every time I log in, I just see: NEW INSERT NAME OF COMBATANT HERE VS INSERT NAME OF COMBATANT HERE So it's kinda heard to ignore when there's a bright yellow screaming at you NEW and then you kinda implusively read the battle.

I mean: people here have commented on threads about that Bees Knees, blue elephant fellow. Yeah, and... no one took it seriously.

Which is a reason a person wouldn't wanna make a thread with someone like Nem Bees in it.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, and... no one took it seriously.

Which is a reason a person wouldn't wanna make a thread with someone like Nem Bees in it.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t628604.html

Lmfao.

MythLord
Yeah, and... no one took it seriously.

Because Nem Bees was featless, lmfao. If you use, say, X1 or Kharys, you'll get at least some response.

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
LAL.

Why are you guys always so hard on Jman?

He deserves it wink

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Because KMC is full of beta males IRL and they have to vent their emotions somewhere.

You, for example.

Deronn_solo
He deserves it wink

Even if that was the case, you can at least make these "roast" a worthwhile thing to read. All I see is cringe. thumb up

MythLord
The whole point of it is to be "cringe", friend. thumb up

ILS
Who is Nem Bees

MythLord
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nem_Bees

Jmanghan
Because Nem Bees was featless, lmfao. If you use, say, X1 or Kharys, you'll get at least some response.

He deserves it wink

You, for example.

Ok, but no one tried to correct me when I said "Didn't he fight off an army of clones or something?"

No, actually, I posted my Clone X1 and Clone X2 vs Boba Fett and Jango Fett on THREE different places.

ComicVine, Killermovies, and Reddit.

And I only got one response from this guy on reddit, which basically just said "X1 and X2 win because they're force sensitive".

Maybe if you came up with better insults, I'd respond with banter, but if all you're gonna keep saying is "Jman is cancer", (in a thread where everyone is agreeing with me, nonetheless) its pointless to respond.

You respond with genuine hatred and anger, whereas to everyone else, its just banter, you don't want the board to improve, you wanna ***** out people who have different or unpopular opinions.

You don't know how to debate, you only know how to insult and troll and repeat the same argument for the same character OVER and OVER again, thinking "maybe if I say it enough, that feat will be better then their feat"!

But its not, and its never going to be, so... shut the **** up, come up with more then one argument for a character, and actually contribute something.

MythLord
Ok, but no one tried to correct me when I said "Didn't he fight off an army of clones or something?"

No, actually, I posted my Clone X1 and Clone X2 vs Boba Fett and Jango Fett on THREE different places.

ComicVine, Killermovies, and Reddit.

And I only got one response from this guy on reddit, which basically just said "X1 and X2 win because they're force sensitive".

Maybe they didn't think you were worth correcting thumb up

I responded on ComicVine, and several people responded on KMC, hon.

Maybe if you came up with better insults, I'd respond with banter, but if all you're gonna keep saying is "Jman is cancer", (in a thread where everyone is agreeing with me, nonetheless) its pointless to respond.

Where did I call you cancer in a thread where everyone was agreeing with you? And that's a nice bandwagon fallacy you've latched onto there. I wasn't saying you specifically are cancer, rather the "arguments" you form.

You respond with genuine hatred and anger, whereas to everyone else, its just banter, you don't want the board to improve, you wanna ***** out people who have different or unpopular opinions.

That is so totally true. I didn't come here to debate and correct flawed arguments, I came here specifically to take my day out on an internet random cuz I literally have nothing better to do. That is so right, you are just so right. You cracked the code, and you are soooo right.

Note: that was sarcasm

You don't know how to debate, you only know how to insult and troll and repeat the same argument for the same character OVER and OVER again, thinking "maybe if I say it enough, that feat will be better then their feat"!

See, here's the problem with that: against any competent, semi-decent or genuinely good debater, I don't need to repeat myself. Maybe mention an argument again or strengthen it with something, but that's it. It's not just simply a replay button.

However, against you, I need to drill a point directly into a thick scalp of yours which can only repeat or move goalposts rather than debate. There's also the fact that you literally have no idea how to differentiate: repeating an argument and strengthening an argument.

Repeating:

User 1: Well I think X can beat Y because X threw a ship dat one time.

User 2: That was on a Dark Side Nexus, so it doesn't count.

User 1: Well X still threw a ship so dat counts so he'll beat Y.

Strengthening:

User 1: X would defeat Y because he can manipulate ships

User 2: That was on a Dark Side Nexus, so X was amplified.

User 1: Yes, but X grew in power considerably and thus it's certainly enough to suggest he's capable of throwing the ship again, this time on neutral ground, in his prime.

See the difference? I'm re-stating the same thing, but giving more proof or a different reason as to why my argument is valid. This is something you failed to comprehend and it was you -- not I -- that kept repeating: Finn is a stromtrooper, he's at best equal to a Clone trooper, so Zett Jukassa speedblitzes.

But its not, and its never going to be, so... shut the **** up, come up with more then one argument for a character, and actually contribute something.

Were you starring at a mirror when you wrote this, by any chance?

DarthAnt66
I like Jman way more than Wollf, to be entirely honest.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Damn, Wollf. Don't forget your...
http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11116/111167681/5350619-200x200px-zc-c1dd26c9_pzqbmti.gif

Jmanghan
I like Jman way more than Wollf, to be entirely honest. I don't dislike Wollf.

I don't dislike any of you.

Dude has good arguments at times too, just pisses me off to no end.

Doesn't know when to insult and when not to, it devolves into a playground insults match that would be embarrassing to call banter.

Jmanghan
Maybe they didn't think you were worth correcting thumb up

I responded on ComicVine, and several people responded on KMC, hon.

Where did I call you cancer in a thread where everyone was agreeing with you? And that's a nice bandwagon fallacy you've latched onto there. I wasn't saying you specifically are cancer, rather the "arguments" you form.

That is so totally true. I didn't come here to debate and correct flawed arguments, I came here specifically to take my day out on an internet random cuz I literally have nothing better to do. That is so right, you are just so right. You cracked the code, and you are soooo right.

Note: that was sarcasm

See, here's the problem with that: against any competent, semi-decent or genuinely good debater, I don't need to repeat myself. Maybe mention an argument again or strengthen it with something, but that's it. It's not just simply a replay button.

However, against you, I need to drill a point directly into a thick scalp of yours which can only repeat or move goalposts rather than debate. There's also the fact that you literally have no idea how to differentiate: repeating an argument and strengthening an argument.

Repeating:

User 1: Well I think X can beat Y because X threw a ship dat one time.

User 2: That was on a Dark Side Nexus, so it doesn't count.

User 1: Well X still threw a ship so dat counts so he'll beat Y.

Strengthening:

User 1: X would defeat Y because he can manipulate ships

User 2: That was on a Dark Side Nexus, so X was amplified.

User 1: Yes, but X grew in power considerably and thus it's certainly enough to suggest he's capable of throwing the ship again, this time on neutral ground, in his prime.

See the difference? I'm re-stating the same thing, but giving more proof or a different reason as to why my argument is valid. This is something you failed to comprehend and it was you -- not I -- that kept repeating: Finn is a stromtrooper, he's at best equal to a Clone trooper, so Zett Jukassa speedblitzes.

Were you starring at a mirror when you wrote this, by any chance?

Uh, no, you were the only one who responded, and while I appreciate that, I'm highly sure you did that to make a point, though I could be wrong.

Secondly, your entire argument was that Finn was a supersoldier that stomped other supersoldiers, and was trained in the Jedi Arts, which Zenwolf debunked.

You argued that was the reason he could take a Jedi, in all honesty, I feel like you were pissed off that Ren was being bashed and decided to come to his rescue by saying "Finn could take your average everyday Jedi."

When everyone disagreed.

I don't think you know what "jumping on the bandwagon".

Its when everyone else is doing something, so you start doing it too.

Me saying that you said I was cancer in threads where people agreed with me, -Cough- (Zoltan) is not jumping on the bandwagon, its merely making a statement.

Zenwolf
I debunked something? When? My memory can be terrible at times.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I debunked something? When? My memory can be terrible at times. You were like "after looking into it, Hux only says he envisions his training to be made after the Jedi", or something along those lines, when talking about First Order Stormtrooper training.

Zenwolf
I don't recall. Although I'm looking at the info about it and all it says is that Hux was inspired by the Jedi Arts to create the FO Training. Which could mean anything, maybe just more focusing on melee combat than your average trooper would.

Which adds up since there are Riot Stormtroopers within the FO, trained to quell riots and the like.

MythLord
Uh, no, you were the only one who responded, and while I appreciate that, I'm highly sure you did that to make a point, though I could be wrong.

Secondly, your entire argument was that Finn was a supersoldier that stomped other supersoldiers, and was trained in the Jedi Arts, which Zenwolf debunked.

You argued that was the reason he could take a Jedi, in all honesty, I feel like you were pissed off that Ren was being bashed and decided to come to his rescue by saying "Finn could take your average everyday Jedi."

When everyone disagreed.

Yeah, I don't recall Zenwolf debunking anything and regarding his point:

I don't recall. Although I'm looking at the info about it and all it says is that Hux was inspired by the Jedi Arts to create the FO Training. Which could mean anything, maybe just more focusing on melee combat than your average trooper would.

Which adds up since there are Riot Stormtroopers within the FO, trained to quell riots and the like.

Yeah, but if their training was inspired by Jedi, I don't think simple melee would be enough. Even in-canon, Jedi fighting arts are meant to be the most advanced in the galaxy. Not to mention their leader wants the Jedi purged from the Galaxy entirely and has in-depth knowledge on how Jedi work and the events of the Galactic Civil War and Clone Wars.

Not to mention, just wielding a melee weapon doesn't come close to resembling Jedi arts... Especially when they started wielding melee weapons late in their career(the first time in Before the Awakening which is only a few months/years before Episode VII). It's likely inspired in a sense that their physical, mental, and spiritual training is insane -- hence they get the title of supersoldier(not even joking), which usually is given to only high-class beings(for example: Master Chief or Deathstroke).

I don't think you know what "jumping on the bandwagon".

Its when everyone else is doing something, so you start doing it too.

Me saying that you said I was cancer in threads where people agreed with me, -Cough- (Zoltan) is not jumping on the bandwagon, its merely making a statement.

Yeah, it's jumping on a bandwagon. You're attempting to hide behind a general consesus in order to counter my unpopular opinion, rather than tackle it head-on.

Jmanghan
Yeah, I don't recall Zenwolf debunking anything and regarding his point:

Yeah, but if their training was inspired by Jedi, I don't think simple melee would be enough. Even in-canon, Jedi fighting arts are meant to be the most advanced in the galaxy. Not to mention their leader wants the Jedi purged from the Galaxy entirely and has in-depth knowledge on how Jedi work and the events of the Galactic Civil War and Clone Wars.

Not to mention, just wielding a melee weapon doesn't come close to resembling Jedi arts... Especially when they started wielding melee weapons late in their career(the first time in Before the Awakening which is only a few months/years before Episode VII). It's likely inspired in a sense that their physical, mental, and spiritual training is insane -- hence they get the title of supersoldier(not even joking), which usually is given to only high-class beings(for example: Master Chief or Deathstroke).

Yeah, it's jumping on a bandwagon. You're attempting to hide behind a general consesus in order to counter my unpopular opinion, rather than tackle it head-on.

You think that the training of Stormtroopers, Clones, or even Rebels are cakewalks compared to the First Order? They aren't.

You're also acting like their training puts them automatically above the other factions, when it doesn't.

Jason Bourne is considered a super soldier btw, do you think he could take a Clone Trooper? I don't.

Supersoldier is a vague term.

It covers people from Jason Bourne to Master Chief, to even higher people then that.

MythLord
You think that the training of Stormtroopers, Clones, or even Rebels are cakewalks compared to the First Order? They aren't.

They are. They are also more versatile.

You're also acting like their training puts them automatically above the other factions, when it doesn't.

Yes, it does. If you've trained your body, spirit and mind better, then you're bound to be the better fighter. That's just logic.

Jason Bourne is considered a super soldier btw, do you think he could take a Clone Trooper? I don't.

Supersoldier is a vague term.

It covers people from Jason Bourne to Master Chief, to even higher people then that.

In the realm of Star Wars, where the only thing having the lable of "super" would be a Force user, being deemed a "supersoldier" strikes me as better than regular soldiers like Rebels, Stormies or Clones.

Now if you'll excuse me, I literally have a million better things to do than to run in circles with you.

MythLord

Feeling is mutual. thumb up

Zenwolf
They are. They are also more versatile.

Yes, it does. If you've trained your body, spirit and mind better, then you're bound to be the better fighter. That's just logic.

In the realm of Star Wars, where the only thing having the lable of "super" would be a Force user, being deemed a "supersoldier" strikes me as better than regular soldiers like Rebels, Stormies or Clones.

Now if you'll excuse me, I literally have a million better things to do than to run in circles with you.

Eh...Myth there are others in SW who aren't Force Users that could be labeled as superhumans.

cs_zoltan
I agreed with you once? I should kill myself.

MythLord
Eh...Myth there are others in SW who aren't Force Users that could be labeled as superhumans.

Rare people, who are exceptions, not rules.

Zenwolf
Rare people, who are exceptions, not rules.

Well and just in general some alien species. But yeah, if by people.

MythLord
I don't think any alien species in Star Wars is superhuman aside from the Vong, tbh.

SunRazer
Gen'Dai?

Zenwolf
I don't think any alien species in Star Wars is superhuman aside from the Vong, tbh.

Hm?

The Falleen, Sakyian, Nediji, Wookiees, Zygerrians, Gen'Dai, Gamorrean, Shistavanens to name a few.

Could probably list more.

SunRazer
Yeah, there's a lot. Just wanted an extreme example.

Jmanghan
Pretty sure the Clones are born Supersoldiers.

MythLord
Hm?

The Falleen, Sakyian, Nediji, Wookiees, Zygerrians, Gen'Dai, Gamorrean, Shistavanens to name a few.

Could probably list more.

Besides the Gen'Dai, all of those would be peak humans by Marvel or DC standards, tbh.

Zenwolf
Besides the Gen'Dai, all of those would be peak humans by Marvel or DC standards, tbh.

We're not talking about Marvel or DC, this is Star Wars.

MythLord
Meh, for me the title of super and peak are set by the same standards as in the DC or Marvel universe, tbh.

Since in Star Wars it isn't really clear what is peak, or what is super, unless of course you're referring to Force sensitives.

Zenwolf
Meh, for me the title of super and peak are set by the same standards as in the DC or Marvel universe, tbh.

Since in Star Wars it isn't really clear what is peak, or what is super, unless of course you're referring to Force sensitives.

Eh I don't find it hard to find the difference between peak and super in the SWU.

Revanchiste
Rules: Argument can't be that we haven't seen them in combat.

Must be a character that has been in 2 or more combat situations.

With that being said, Discuss!

Kreia, Aren Kae? Darth Traya.. I do not know.....

HK-47 sorry HK-47 I prefer to molest you with non lethal questions rather than let you killpeople.

Balta Skywalker
I mean... Ti's pretty hated and I deeply love her, so I guess I choose her.

Revanchiste

XDXD you are wrong already trando and wookie are strong then there is durge species, the Gen'Dai.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Balta Skywalker
I mean... Ti's pretty hated and I deeply love her, so I guess I choose her.

Yhea she is a baybysitter, but this because SHE CARE ABOUT YOU, she do HAVE HIGH EXPECTATION, she HOPE BIG FOR YOU.

Emperordmb
Revanchiste, I'd like to thank you for continuing to grace all of us with your presence.

MythLord
Originally posted by Revanchiste
XDXD you are wrong already trando and wookie are strong then there is durge species, the Gen'Dai.

None of them are superhuman. Gen'Dai can just regenerate; although Trandoshans and Wookies are strong, but not superhuman.

cs_zoltan
How is being pretty much immortal not superhuman?

Zenwolf
That and Trandos can ya know regenerate limbs. What's your definition of superhuman Myth?

SunRazer
And the idea that Gen'Dai aren't superhumanly fast, strong or durable is ridiculous beyond measure.

ILS
I find the distinction between peak/super to be quite arbitrary unless keeping it within one universe. At the end of the day every universe and to an extent writer has their own version of what a human is capable of. If you're really trying to compare characters from different works via feats, then you can only compare what they've been shown to do rather than what they're labeled as.

And yeah, there's plenty of species that outclass humans in size, strength, speed, endurance, unique abilities, mental abilities, etc.

chilled monkey
None of them are superhuman. Gen'Dai can just regenerate;

Let me refresh your memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6LeL3s4Q80

Durge stops a charging speeder bike with his bare hands then lifts it up and uses it as a bludgeon. Later he breaks a heavy metal/plastic table in two with a blow from his fists and sweeps armoured Clone Troopers away like they're gnats. He also withstands dozens of blaster shots and shrugs off electrical discharge.

And you seriously claim he's not superhuman?

Not to mention regeneration itself could be considered superhuman since it's an ability regular humans do not possess.

although Trandoshans and Wookies are strong, but not superhuman.

Wookies can rip limbs out of their sockets. I'm pretty sure that requires superhuman strength.

Zenwolf
Ripping apart droids too.

ILS
There was a kid in Maul: Lockdown who exhibited superhuman speed by throwing 50 punches in a few seconds, killing a few guys in the process. The technique was called "the fifty two fists".

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS
There was a kid in Maul: Lockdown who exhibited superhuman speed by throwing 50 punches in a few seconds, killing a few guys in the process. The technique was called "the fifty two fists".

http://67.media.tumblr.com/680896d81a7bd4c0868782b988b4b79e/tumblr_o1fqlj0M641qc3or0o1_400.gif

ILS
Get your filthy animu out of here, Weeaboo Jones.

NewGuy01
ROSETTA STONE

http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-14-2015/ETep5j.gif

MythLord
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Let me refresh your memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6LeL3s4Q80

Durge stops a charging speeder bike with his bare hands then lifts it up and uses it as a bludgeon. Later he breaks a heavy metal/plastic table in two with a blow from his fists and sweeps armoured Clone Troopers away like they're gnats. He also withstands dozens of blaster shots and shrugs off electrical discharge.

And you seriously claim he's not superhuman?

Not to mention regeneration itself could be considered superhuman since it's an ability regular humans do not possess.

Wookies can rip limbs out of their sockets. I'm pretty sure that requires superhuman strength.

I made the Durge RT, brother, I know he's superhuman, but he's above a standard Gen'Dai. Even as a kid he outclassed most of them, IIRC.

Just "regenerating" doesn't honestly strike me as superhuman, nor does tearing a limb out of a socket. Of course we can list individuals and fall back on anecdotal fallacies, but most of these species -- to me anyways -- are just peak humans. Which I deem as outclassing standard humans, but not reaching Jedi levels yet.

Originally posted by SunRazer
And the idea that Gen'Dai aren't superhumanly fast, strong or durable is ridiculous beyond measure.

Sure, you can argue Gen'Dai are superhuman, but with what? With a few exceptions like Durge who was a fine specimen of a Gen'Dai in terms of physical capability, while a kid, prior to hundreds of years of training under some of history's deadliest Bounty Hunters and gaining armor that amplified his reaction time and strength?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS

I actually made a respect blog for Fringe characters who are superhuman, including him. The kid overall was pretty strong.

Zenwolf
Myth what exactly is your criteria for superhuman?

MythLord
In the Star Wars universe: anyone who can contend with/stalemate/beat a Jedi Knight I suppose.

I don't see standard Wookies, Trandos or Gen'Dai(purely through physical confronation, not counting regen since that's more haxx and all) as being superhuman then.

Jmanghan
I made the Durge RT, brother, I know he's superhuman, but he's above a standard Gen'Dai. Even as a kid he outclassed most of them, IIRC.

Just "regenerating" doesn't honestly strike me as superhuman, nor does tearing a limb out of a socket. Of course we can list individuals and fall back on anecdotal fallacies, but most of these species -- to me anyways -- are just peak humans. Which I deem as outclassing standard humans, but not reaching Jedi levels yet.

Sure, you can argue Gen'Dai are superhuman, but with what? With a few exceptions like Durge who was a fine specimen of a Gen'Dai in terms of physical capability, while a kid, prior to hundreds of years of training under some of history's deadliest Bounty Hunters and gaining armor that amplified his reaction time and strength? Yet you think Finn could easily rip a limb out of his socket?

Why do you consider the First Order superhuman then?

MythLord
The rank of supersoldier and all, bro. Besides, simply ripping out a limb out of a normal human's socket is hardly what I call "super-dooper".

Zenwolf
What about a droid?

Jmanghan
The rank of supersoldier and all, bro. Besides, simply ripping out a limb out of a normal human's socket is hardly what I call "super-dooper". I guess what I'm asking is, do you think your average First Order Stormtrooper can overpower your average Wookie?

MythLord
Hmm, more impressive. Meh, I cannot be bothered contemplating semantics of peak and superhumans atm, tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.