How Star Wars characters interpret History

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In Darth Plagueis it's said that Darth Bane was seen as a mythical figure, and in LOTF. Caedus was able to see Vader assault then jedi temple via flow walking. What are some notable examples of characters in text discussing historical events and sharing their opinions on them. What did X character think of an event that happened that shaped a planets history, or if they were a member of the Jedi or Sith order how did they plan to improve on the failures from the past?

DarthAnt66

darthbane77

Zentrex
Does anybody know where those quotes are from?

Zentrex
Okay, seems like the first one is from the Nexus of Power sourcebook from 2016:
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/4iqk43/revan_in_fantasy_flight_games_nexus_of_power/

The next one refrences "Dozer" who is a character that only appeared in the Legends book "Scoundrels."

So now this raises the question, is the info from Nexus of Power canon, or legends?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Zentrex
Okay, seems like the first one is from the Nexus of Power sourcebook from 2016:
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/4iqk43/revan_in_fantasy_flight_games_nexus_of_power/

The next one refrences "Dozer" who is a character that only appeared in the Legends book "Scoundrels."

So now this raises the question, is the info from Nexus of Power canon, or legends?

The F&D books are weird, I don't think they are strictly Canon, but they aren't Legends...or at least a few of them wouldn't be? I dunno...I don't think there's been a verdict on it.

Galan007
Yeah, RPG guides are a bit dubious.

Granted, the Nexus book was released in 2016 and does carry the Disney brand, but RPG supplementary material doesn't have to adhere strictly to either canon, so it's kind of up in the air.

My opinion: only the info it provides that meshes with current canon should be usable. Everything else should be off the table until corroborated by a more reliable source.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, RPG guides are a bit dubious.

Granted, the Nexus book was released in 2016 and does carry the Disney brand, but RPG supplementary material doesn't have to adhere strictly to either canon, so it's kind of up in the air.

My opinion: only the info it provides that meshes with current canon should be usable. Everything else should be off the table until corroborated by a more reliable source.

So basically S-Canon.

Galan007
I guess so, yeah.

What do you make of it, Zen?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
I guess so, yeah.

What do you make of it, Zen?

I mean yeah, same as you. Take what is needed and dismiss the rest.

It's kinda what I've been saying for awhile now with the whole T-canon and the supplement material that follows it for Legends, just whatever is in C-Canon you dismiss and vice versa. This way it's sort of a compromise, since not everyone is on board with TCW being just Canon.

Galan007
thumb up

relentless1
there's mention made of Exar Kun in Plaguies

Zentrex
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I mean yeah, same as you. Take what is needed and dismiss the rest.

It's kinda what I've been saying for awhile now with the whole T-canon and the supplement material that follows it for Legends, just whatever is in C-Canon you dismiss and vice versa. This way it's sort of a compromise, since not everyone is on board with TCW being just Canon.
thumb up
Originally posted by relentless1
there's mention made of Exar Kun in Plaguies
Yeah, so probably Legends S-Canon.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Zentrex
thumb up

Yeah, so probably Legends S-Canon.

Plagueis is Legends as is Kun, it would be C-Canon not S.

Zentrex
I meant the entire sourcebook, not specifically the part that mentions Kun and Plagueis. Of course, anything from an S-Canon source that is repeated by another source is C-Canon, so Kun's and Plagueis' existence is C-Canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.