Where do Legends duelists rank/scale in the PT era?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
If you've been following Star wars conversations for years, most EU lightsaberwielders (who are seen as the best duelists) of their era frequently get compared to Obi Wan Kenobi. I'm not sure where the Kenobi tier benchmark originated from, but if you took lightsaber wielders like Galen Marek, Jaina Solo, Cade Skywalker, or Darth Malgus and implanted them into the Prequel/Movie era where do you think they'd stand? If you were to take their various accolades, feats, and respective talents as duelists- how would they compete in an era of some of the most skilled? Would the force adapt them to be able to compensate for the advancements in lightsaber combat since they existed, or would they fall short of the likes of the betters of the era?

Trocity
The 4 you mentioned are above everyone other than the big boys: Sidious, Yoda, Ani, Obi, Dooku, Maul.

Jmanghan
IMO, Krayt > Cade in sabers.

Ziggystardust
I don't need to point to the rather large amount of evidence suggesting how badly duelists from the modern era stack up with their predecessors, the evidence does exist though. So I'll leave with a personal opinion from one of the the only duelists worth giving a shit about in Legends:

"It really is appalling how badly the Council has allowed duelling techniques to deteriorate. No style. No elegance."

- Dooku

A charitable user would say we're looking at Dooku being a nice benchmark for the average Sith Lord / Jedi in the OR. I'd agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.