Komari Vosa Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MythLord
Hey, remember that chick that's kinda like an insane, diet Asajj Ventress? She has a respect thread now:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/wollfmyth209/blog/komari-vosa-respect-thread/128208/

Made by some ComicVine cawnt.

Tzeentch
Can't respect a chick who got son'd in a 1v1 by Jango.

Solar Power
Nice thread, although it ultimately solidifies my opinion of her being bottom tier as a force user. Losing to Jango Fett and getting stomped by an injured Maul no es bueno. This cawnt seems like a cool dude tho.

MythLord
She didn't get stomped by Maul, lol. She lasted about as long as Qui-Gon would've against an injured Maul(what with Maul with a leg injury nearly killing Jinn and all).

And Jango can fodderize Jedi, so... y'know.

Solar Power
Originally posted by MythLord
She didn't get stomped by Maul, lol. She lasted about as long as Qui-Gon would've against an injured Maul(what with Maul with a leg injury nearly killing Jinn and all).

And Jango can fodderize Jedi, so... y'know.

"The awareness of what she was doing, drawing on the Force and her own repulsive relationship with it, only made him more determined to end this battle decisively."

"Maul kept coming, relying more and more on his left arm, saving the right for when he'd need it most."

"If defeating Vosa was what he needed to do in order to get the weapon in the hands of the Gora, so be it."

Maul was only using one arm, and wasn't initially serious when fighting Vosa it seems. This is the point in the fight when she is able to keep up with him.

"'Jar'Kai,' Maul snarled, deflecting her assault on reflex. 'Predictable.'"

"Now he gripped the lightsaber in both arms, forcing his damaged right arm into service and gripping the hilt of his saber with his full strength....'Maul-' A tremor of new fear pulsed across Vosa's face, disrupting her composure, as if she'd finally recognized the true ferocity of his purpose."

"In his mind, the duel was all but over -- his opponent was now dragging out the inevitable moment of defeat in a series of small humiliations. By turning to such diversionary tactics, Vosa had all but admitted that she was no match for the erratic staccato blows that he was delivering, seemingly from everywhere, all at once."

Maul using only one arm is challenged, but as soon as he fights through the pain and uses both arms, Vosa loses rather easily, a stomp. Maul was injured, but he still stomped Vosa, I stand by my statement. Hypothesizing how long Qui Gon would last in this situation doesn't change that.

I mean, the jedi were in a heated battle with Jango's own squad, so his "fodderization" of the jedi is circumstantial. It's not like force defenses will keep your head from being caved in with a rock unexpectedly. His one on one with the last jedi is legit, and his fight with AOTC Kenobi was impressive, but saying that Jango can "fodderize" jedi on a whim is reaching. A dark side Vosa losing to him on even ground is just not a great feat unfortunately.

Zenwolf
That and Jango had a little bit of help with Boba using Slave 1 on Obi-Wan for a brief moment, that and Obi-Wan is a Jedi with morals who was trying to capture Jango. Completely different compared to Vosa. I mean I guess the only way I could see her actually losing, is if she was being stupid and Jango just kept her moving and he kept moving, which seems likely.

Edit: Yeah Myth I figured, I haven't played the game in like forever so I can see that. (From CV)

MythLord
Originally posted by Solar Power
"The awareness of what she was doing, drawing on the Force and her own repulsive relationship with it, only made him more determined to end this battle decisively."

"Maul kept coming, relying more and more on his left arm, saving the right for when he'd need it most."

"If defeating Vosa was what he needed to do in order to get the weapon in the hands of the Gora, so be it."

Maul was only using one arm, and wasn't initially serious when fighting Vosa it seems. This is the point in the fight when she is able to keep up with him.

"'Jar'Kai,' Maul snarled, deflecting her assault on reflex. 'Predictable.'"

"Now he gripped the lightsaber in both arms, forcing his damaged right arm into service and gripping the hilt of his saber with his full strength....'Maul-' A tremor of new fear pulsed across Vosa's face, disrupting her composure, as if she'd finally recognized the true ferocity of his purpose."

"In his mind, the duel was all but over -- his opponent was now dragging out the inevitable moment of defeat in a series of small humiliations. By turning to such diversionary tactics, Vosa had all but admitted that she was no match for the erratic staccato blows that he was delivering, seemingly from everywhere, all at once."

Maul using only one arm is challenged, but as soon as he fights through the pain and uses both arms, Vosa loses rather easily, a stomp. Maul was injured, but he still stomped Vosa, I stand by my statement. Hypothesizing how long Qui Gon would last in this situation doesn't change that.

I mean, the jedi were in a heated battle with Jango's own squad, so his "fodderization" of the jedi is circumstantial. It's not like force defenses will keep your head from being caved in with a rock unexpectedly. His one on one with the last jedi is legit, and his fight with AOTC Kenobi was impressive, but saying that Jango can "fodderize" jedi on a whim is reaching. A dark side Vosa losing to him on even ground is just not a great feat unfortunately.

Actually, the moment Maul started using his second hand, he got enraged and seemed to forget about the pain. He would've killed Qui-Gon -- y'know, one of the greatest duelists in all of history -- in about 30 seconds despite a leg injury as well. So that should suggest Vosa's at least loosely comparable to Jinn in terms of overall combat capabilities.

Being fair, Jango did engage one of the Jedi head-on and knocked them out completely in one punch. The Jedi was clearly charging at him, too... so, y'know, losing to him still isn't a bad feat.

Solar Power
Originally posted by MythLord
Actually, the moment Maul started using his second hand, he got enraged and seemed to forget about the pain. He would've killed Qui-Gon -- y'know, one of the greatest duelists in all of history -- in about 30 seconds despite a leg injury as well. So that should suggest Vosa's at least loosely comparable to Jinn in terms of overall combat capabilities.

Being fair, Jango did engage one of the Jedi head-on and knocked them out completely in one punch. The Jedi was clearly charging at him, too... so, y'know, losing to him still isn't a bad feat.

Suggesting Vosa is loosely comparable to Qui Gon is also reaching imo. During their confrontation, Maul notes that Jinn is a challenge before he gets enraged:

"But I must confess that this Jedi is a challenge. If I leap, he is with me. If I turn, he follows me. He meets my ferocity with his own. His lightsaber swirls and hums, and several times comes closer than I like."

Meanwhile, all Vosa did was evade Maul's blows before he got his rage amp. Now I agree with your point, Maul does get enraged and starts to win after he proclaims it's due to his leg wound. However, Qui Gon still matches a few of his blows, while Vosa just throws stuff at him then tries to trip him. The difference in Maul's interpretation of his opponents just reinforces the disparity between them. Maul acknowledges Qui Gon despite knowing his own superiority, while he treats Vosa as a nuisance.

I acknowledged that Jango feat btw, but I would put that jedi as a bottom tier force user too. Listen, I just think a top or mid tier force user won't lose to a non-force sensitive in a fight on equal grounds. To clarify, a bottom tier force user is just your average jedi knight to me and I think Vosa is above average. I would put Vosa at the top echelon of bottem tier, like a gate keeper between low and mid tier, but losing to Jango on even grounds with no circumstance when you're a dark side adept just is not a good look.

Petrus
Losing to Jango shouldn't make her fodder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.