Visas Marr Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Just decided to do a more comprehensive one than the little one I did in the Party Thread, which will soon be revamped anyway.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/visas-marr-respect-thread/128244/

Selenial
Solid thread!

I'd debated using the stuff on the tomb's dark side energies for Atton's, but the guide recommends using Visas as the leader for that expedition. Are you also of the opinion that she accomplished that alone?

Darth Abonis
Very nice thread, but she seems like a garden variety character

Solar Power
I'm glad you flushed her out from your kotor II companion respect thread. Is there a reason why you didn't include her strengthening her connection with the force by coming to terms with her grief in the Ravager?(https://youtu.be/JfDbmUMZJlU?t=494)
It's the only thing you left out that I thought was notable.

And as a side-note, I probably won't be continuing in the Bandon vs Visas thread just out of apathy, just letting you know.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Selenial
Solid thread!
I'd debated using the stuff on the tomb's dark side energies for Atton's, but the guide recommends using Visas as the leader for that expedition. Are you also of the opinion that she accomplished that alone?

You tame the wild emotion storms alone. As for fighting through the Tomb itself, that's with all three of them.

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Very nice thread, but she seems like a garden variety character

Well, the blog was kind of intended to prove otherwise.

Originally posted by Solar Power
I'm glad you flushed her out from your kotor II companion respect thread. Is there a reason why you didn't include her strengthening her connection with the force by coming to terms with her grief in the Ravager?(https://youtu.be/JfDbmUMZJlU?t=494)
It's the only thing you left out that I thought was notable.

Yes, definitely worth putting in. I forgot about it.

Apathy is death.

AncientPower
So Meetra is a canon Jedi Guardian, pretty clearly.

Her first lightsaber contained a Cyan lightsaber crystal, if Atton is told that Meetra doesn't remember the blade color, then it defaults to Cyan when Atris reveals it. In her only canonical artwork depiction, she weilds a blue lightsaber, in Revan she uses a Cyan-blue lightsaber blade.

All of her major canonical victories are due to 'lightsaber prowess', etc. Drew Karpyshyn has stated Meetra Surik is likely a better duelist compared to Revan.

So it might be prudent if all of the TOR Jedi Guardian quotes are used in her respect thread, as well as quotes pertaining to Jedi Guardian classes in Kotor media.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by AncientPower
In her only canonical artwork depiction,

Oh?

AncientPower
There is a sketch artwork piece from her Wizards card, the actual miniature it serves as concept art for has a blue lightsaber.

SunRazer
So Meetra is a canon Jedi Guardian, pretty clearly.

Her first lightsaber contained a Cyan lightsaber crystal, if Atton is told that Meetra doesn't remember the blade color, then it defaults to Cyan when Atris reveals it. In her only canonical artwork depiction, she weilds a blue lightsaber, in Revan she uses a Cyan-blue lightsaber blade.

All of her major canonical victories are due to 'lightsaber prowess', etc. Drew Karpyshyn has stated Meetra Surik is likely a better duelist compared to Revan.

So it might be prudent if all of the TOR Jedi Guardian quotes are used in her respect thread, as well as quotes pertaining to Jedi Guardian classes in Kotor media.

In TOR she wears Jedi Consular gear, does she not?

AncientPower
In TOR she wears two outfits, one is for Jedi Shadows, but in Revan she wears the generic robes of the Jedi Order, hood and all.

I think your respect thread has quite a lot that could flesh it out, Lord Scourge's statements about her, Revan stating Meetra was Revan's greatest and most trusted ally/general(making her the greatest of the Revanchists), Revan himself stating she was a great Jedi, a powerful Jedi, and far surpassing the great potential he'd seen in her during Mandalorian Wars, which itself was great enough for him to give her half his fleet.

My suggestion would be reformatting it, have accolades first, physicals second, lightsaber abilities/combat feats third and finally Force prowess, ending with her Wound/Bond abilities.

No offense meant, but it seems quite jumbled up.

SunRazer
I meant in the game itself. She's wearing Consular gear, is she not?

I'm adding Revan stating her as a great Jedi. I might make a section for the tactical stuff. Otherwise, there's no sense in adding in Revan's quote about her being his greatest ally. That could apply to so many things outside of combative ability. I've already added Scourge's statements and Revan's quotes about potential.

And I've basically done that, except I've put combat feats last. I've put her Wound stuff in a separate section from her power, and I'll be adding another section for Force Bonds later (I've yet to really add anything on that). I've got separate sections for her physicals, her other Force powers, and her combat abilities.

And no offense taken. I need the criticism to see what I can improve upon.

AncientPower
I see what you mean, the Jedi Entity is wearing generic Consular robes.

He gives her half of his fleet because of both her potential and her tactical abilities, so power is very much a factor there. He then immediately after states she has far surpassed that potential.

Found something you may find very interesting:

https://youtu.be/NExLtCoxAjw

The Essential Atlas has some pretty great wank for the Triumvirate as well.

SunRazer
1. Well, I'm not going to complain. As a Consular, Surik would've learnt the Force Forms from the masters, and we know she learnt all the lightsaber forms from Kreia, who claims that "you know as much of battle as I" prior to her betrayal, with Kreia knowing all seven forms, Echani techniques, and Trakata.

2. I'll have to re-read the passage.

3. Yes, I've seen it. I'll see if there's anything to add from there later.

4. Quotes from the Atlas?

AncientPower
The Sith seemed to have achieved the victory they had long sought. Less than one hundred Jedi, nearly all of them in hiding, survived the Sith's purge. Many citizens took this unimaginable event as proof that the Force had turned malevolent, or that cosmic balance was nothing more than a story for children. Despair was palpable, and many planets offered only halfhearted and ragged defense against Sith attackers. Planets throughout the slice surrendered, and the Sith fed on the psychic misery of a shattered Republic.

AncientPower
The Slice, just for reference:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d6/Miscellaneous_regions.jpg

Petrus
...What does Meetra have to do with this thread, though?

NewGuy01
It's because the only reason Visas Marr matters is because she's a stepping stone for the Exile wank.

There is a sketch artwork piece from her Wizards card, the actual miniature it serves as concept art for has a blue lightsaber.

Wouldn't exactly call that a canonical representation. In any case, it's certainly nothing like the depiction in SWTOR where the developers probably just saw the picture of Atris fighting Nihilus and assumed it was the Exile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.