Deepwater Horizon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
A story set on the offshore drilling rig Deepwater Horizon, which exploded during April 2010 and created the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

Director: Peter Berg

Stars: Mark Wahlberg

S-UPJyEHmM0

The Nuul
i like pete berg movies, this should be really good

not the biggest fan of Wahlberg though

Kazenji
Yeah...Pete berg makes some good movies when he does them right

when he doesn't we get Battleship.

Patient_Leech
I like the rest of the cast, but I'm not a big Mark Wahlberg fan.

Looks pretty good despite that, though.

The Nuul
great movie.

the cinematography and sound editing where fantastic. this was a loud movie and will be awesome on blu-ray. i hope it gets nominated for best sound editing

i went into to this movie not knowing that kurt russell would be in this. he was fantastic

didn't think there would be enough of a story to be told, but there was (unlike sully). peter berg and the writer managed to tell enough of a story

Wahlberg mumbled all of his lines and i couldn't understand a word he said

Dreampanther
It was okay at best, I thought. I watched Deepwater Horizon and Snowden the same night and thought Snowden was far better. It had more depth and the story-telling was layered much better. Horizon focused too much on the special effects and the explosions and the story was too simplistic: BP bureaucrats bad, American blue collar good. Just my opinion, of course.

The Nuul
okay, i could be over doing it... still thought it was good though

thrills, special effects and the explosions is all i wanted from a peter berg movie. i don't see his movies for the story, and neither should anyone else or they'll be disapointed. the director delivered on what he wanted to accomplish, imo

yes, a movie made from oliver stone would have more and a better story, that's a given. but it won't have the action and thrills of a peter berg movie though

peter berg and oliver stone are two different directors, one does action movies and the other one doesn't. so they are not comparable

Dreampanther
For the most part, I agree. If all you wanted were some explosions and special effects, you would have been very satisfied. And I didn't hate the movie - I just think that compared to the other two (Sully and Snowden) movies that were also based on real events it focused the least on story and missed a good opportunity to bring more depth to a complicated issue.

I think Berg is a pretty decent director myself, so maybe I'm being unfairly critical, but I had hoped for something a bit more from him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.