Kylo Ren Analysis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
I made this blog a while back, shortly after TFA came out. Originally I had it in General Discussion, but I decided I liked it enough and thought I had written it well enough to be made a blog entry. I know there is already an RT for Ren, I addressed that in the thread.

Kylo Ren Analysis

DarthAnt66
Good thread. Don't forget Ren can also handle lightsaber blows with his hands.

I really like Ren and hope he shows more badass feats in the next film.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Good thread. Don't forget Ren can also handle lightsaber blows with his hands.

I really like Ren and hope he shows more badass feats in the next film. Thanks. I hope so to, he has the potential to be a truly awesome character.

MythLord
Nice. He really does deserve respect, tbh.

darthbane77
Originally posted by MythLord
Nice. He really does deserve respect, tbh. Thanks, I agree; he is very deserving of respect.

DarthDuelist9
Great thread! There are a couple things I don't agree with but it's pretty good in general smile

Oh yeah, I also first thought that Kylo Ren was blocking Rey's lightsaber with Tutamis but after reading the junior novel I'm more inclined to think it was actually a Force Barrier.

chingchangwalla
Great thread, shit character

Beniboybling
"Kylo Ren has a lifetime of training and practice, is one of the most powerful combatants in the history of Star Wars, and is the leader of the Knights of Ren."

That's a pretty damn good accolade. mmm

FreshestSlice
Rey at least Obi-Wan tier confirmed.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
"Kylo Ren has a lifetime of training and practice, is one of the most powerful combatants in the history of Star Wars, and is the leader of the Knights of Ren."

Eh there's not that long a list really to compare with tbh. Like trying to fill an empty list with characters, in order to have a solid standing where they are.

ares834

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Eh there's not that long a list really to compare with tbh. Like trying to fill an empty list with characters, in order to have a solid standing where they are. Right... Yoda, Windu, Anakin, Sidious, Vader, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Grievous, Luke, Ventress, Dooku, Maul, Savage, Koon, Depa, Fisto, Qui-Gon, Bariss, Kanan, Ezra, the Inquisitors etc. etc.

The list of Canon combatants is pretty long and impressive, and only so many of them can be realistically considered among the "most powerful". It makes him at least Jedi Council tier tbh.

Zenwolf
Right... Yoda, Windu, Anakin, Sidious, Vader, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Grievous, Luke, Ventress, Dooku, Maul, Savage, Koon, Depa, Fisto, Qui-Gon, Bariss, Kanan, Ezra, the Inquisitors etc. etc.

The list of Canon combatants is pretty long and impressive, and only so many of them can be realistically considered among the "most powerful". It makes him at least Jedi Council tier tbh.

The list of combatants is long sure, but those who are among the most powerful? It's not really big. I mean from those you listed...only like..5 of them would be on the list.

Beniboybling
Its not supposed to be, that's why they are the most powerful... on the other hand by being lumped into that group, Kylo is above the dozens of others who don't make the cut.

Zenwolf
Its not supposed to be, that's why they are the most powerful...

Right, but what I'm saying is, the most powerful list isn't that huge compared to say Legends, is what I'm saying.

Beniboybling
And I'm saying its impressive regardless. wink

More so when you consider that the most powerful in Canon just so happen to be the among the most powerful in mythos as well, it's a fairly excellent measuring stick.

DarthDuelist9
And I'm saying its impressive regardless. wink

More so when you consider that the most powerful in Canon just so happen to be the among the most powerful in mythos as well, it's a fairly excellent measuring stick.

It was a quote on a blog on StarWars.com, not an offical fact but since a lot of these blog writers also work on Star Wars Insider and well it's released on the official Star Wars site I also tend to use it as a fact.

Yeah, even if the canon list isn't that huge you can also be damn sure that there were impressive fighers in the entire (canon) history of the mythos. The chance that every single Jedi/Sith/Force user before the PT trilogy was fodder seems very small.

Beniboybling
Do you have a link to the blog?

And the Canon period has combatants ranging from the most powerful we've ever seen i.e. the Ones, to trainees like Ezra. So in general its a pretty good template for any period, including Legends.

DarthDuelist9
Do you have a link to the blog?

And the Canon period has combatants ranging from the most powerful we've ever seen i.e. the Ones, to trainees like Ezra. So in general its a pretty good template for any period, including Legends.

Here you go: http://www.starwars.com/news/from-a-certain-point-of-view-who-is-stronger-with-the-force-rey-or-kylo-ren

One of the writers, Amy Ratcliffe also works on Star Wars Insider.

Petrus
If that quote is to be considered Canon, it makes Kylo as powerful as someone Ventress-tier imho.

DarthAnt66
It's not, but Ren's clearly among the greatest in history anyway.

DarthDuelist9
For once we actually agree Ant

quanchi112
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Great thread, shit character How ****ing dare you. I bet you're some Vader sycophant. Ren is already greater than Vader in one film. Get mad.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by quanchi112
How ****ing dare you. I bet you're some Vader sycophant. Ren is already greater than Vader in one film. Get mad.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, you must be drunk. Or dumb.. I think we know which.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
HAHAHAHAHAHA, you must be drunk. Or dumb.. I think we know which. Do you ever make a point ? It's just the typical moronic posturing from you.

quanchi112
How did Vader do against his son ?

wink

EmperorSidious2
How did Vader do against his son ?

wink

How did Kylo do against Rey?

wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
How did Kylo do against Rey?

wink He was I neared but he lost. I bet she's been trained as well. Kylo lost but his training is incomplete so I can live with the loss. Vader got wrecked by Luke when his training was complete as well. I bet you'll change your tune come episode eight. You'll all come to words up at the altar of my First Order. You make me sick.

MS Warehouse
http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_small/1406/14066229/2386146-6148235951-Cryin.jpg

quanchi112
You are crying just like Anakin when he failed to save his mommy.

Kurk
You are crying just like Anakin when he failed to save his mommy.
Are you a sociopath?

Stealth Moose
Kylo Ren > Darth Vader.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Kurk
Are you a sociopath?

thumb up

quanchi112
Are you a sociopath? My finer student come to beg for his former position back. You blew the chance of a lifetime.

Kurk
My finer student come to beg for his former position back. You blew the chance of a lifetime.
You want me to beg like Maul?

EmperorSidious2
He was I neared but he lost. I bet she's been trained as well. Kylo lost but his training is incomplete so I can live with the loss. Vader got wrecked by Luke when his training was complete as well. I bet you'll change your tune come episode eight. You'll all come to words up at the altar of my First Order. You make me sick.

See here's the difference though. Vader lost to someone who was fully trained and someone he cared about, someone he didn't want to hurt. Ren, on the other hand while he was injured, he lost to a half baked Rey. As of now as far as I'm aware Rey has no training and even if she did it's only the basics, while Kylo has been trained partially by someone you beleive to be even more powerful than Darth Sidious so that balance of experience is still on the side of Ren, as well as force power.

quanchi112
See here's the difference though. Vader lost to someone who was fully trained and someone he cared about, someone he didn't want to hurt. Ren, on the other hand while he was injured, he lost to a half baked Rey. As of now as far as I'm aware Rey has no training and even if she did it's only the basics, while Kylo has been trained partially by someone you beleive to be even more powerful than Darth Sidious so that balance of experience is still on the side of Ren, as well as force power. Ren was injured you halfwit. He took a saber graze as well as a crosscaster shot. He also was trying to talk her into letting him train her.

If you hadn't picked up n the obvious clues she probably had training you're even more clueless than I previously thought. His training wasn't complete. Hell, Luke grazed Vader's shoulder when his training was incomplete as well.

EmperorSidious2
Ren was injured you halfwit. He took a saber graze as well as a crosscaster shot. He also was trying to talk her into letting him train her.

If you hadn't picked up n the obvious clues she probably had training you're even more clueless than I previously thought. His training wasn't complete. Hell, Luke grazed Vader's shoulder when his training was incomplete as well.

Well unless you can't read I did mention his injuries wink .

Only the basics. She was abandoned IIRC correct me if I'm wrong, as a child so her training is to ambiguous for you to make a concrete claim. It's best to say she knows only the basics and draws on more raw power. Kylo Ren on the other hand while partially trained, his force powers weren't to shabby, stopping a laser bolt in mid-air, and his training coming from someone who you believe is stronger than Sidious. So I mean really I'm not saying Kylo isn't powerful or doesn't have potential cause he does, but Ren isn't there yet.

quanchi112
You want me to beg like Maul? Maul lived. He lives to get revenge on that pile of shit geriatric with the horrific body posture known as Palpatine.

quanchi112
Well unless you can't read I did mention his injuries wink .

Only the basics. She was abandoned IIRC correct me if I'm wrong, as a child so her training is to ambiguous for you to make a concrete claim. It's best to say she knows only the basics and draws on more raw power. Kylo Ren on the other hand while partially trained, his force powers weren't to shabby, stopping a laser bolt in mid-air, and his training coming from someone who you believe is stronger than Sidious. So I mean really I'm not saying Kylo isn't powerful or doesn't have potential cause he does, but Ren isn't there yet. We will wait and see. Now you're backpedaling already. You're an idiot and he was injured so it doesn't even matter. His training isn't complete you Vader *****.

I do believe he is greater than Palpatine. Kylo's training isn't complete. Kylo is already more evil than dead guy Vader. As I said first order is greater than the pathetic empire.

MS Warehouse
https://media.makeameme.org/created/so-if-you-jxaz5n.jpg

EmperorSidious2
We will wait and see. Now you're backpedaling already. You're an idiot and he was injured so it doesn't even matter. His training isn't complete you Vader *****.

I do believe he is greater than Palpatine. Kylo's training isn't complete. Kylo is already more evil than dead guy Vader. As I said first order is greater than the pathetic empire.

How am I backpedaling? I'm just clarifying a point that you apparently missed. Actually if you remove your bias, Rey was a lot more incomplete than Rey. Ren had been training for a lot longer. His powers are more honed, than Rey's. Also Rey would have only the basics while Kylo would have more intermediate to advanced training, so to say it doesn't matter is just you trying to ignore another loss.

Here's the thing. Starting your opinion than a blank fact doesn't help. You beleive he's better than Palpatine is your opinion is fine. However saying Kylo Ren's training is incomplete is a fact, youYou ignore Rey only knows the basics. She's very inexperienced and it's been a long time since she would have ever emplemented those skills up till TFA. Taking all of that into account, Kylo has been constantly training, and using those skills. So Kylo still has the edge a pretty large one too, but still lost.

I honestly don't care about your personal feelings for First Order vs Empire or Vader vs Ren. All that is your business.

MS Warehouse
Nobody cares about his personal feelings about Ren or the First Order. He'll just continue to ***** and moan until everyone stops responding, at which point he'll declare himself the victor and piss off for a few days.

Deronn_solo
There is a reason Kylo worships Vader, lal.

Total Warrior
Kylo would still be beaten by the likes of Tiin and Mundi. That line "one of the most powerful" has been used for almost any idiot who can hold a lightsaber

quanchi112
How am I backpedaling? I'm just clarifying a point that you apparently missed. Actually if you remove your bias, Rey was a lot more incomplete than Rey. Ren had been training for a lot longer. His powers are more honed, than Rey's. Also Rey would have only the basics while Kylo would have more intermediate to advanced training, so to say it doesn't matter is just you trying to ignore another loss.

Here's the thing. Starting your opinion than a blank fact doesn't help. You beleive he's better than Palpatine is your opinion is fine. However saying Kylo Ren's training is incomplete is a fact, youYou ignore Rey only knows the basics. She's very inexperienced and it's been a long time since she would have ever emplemented those skills up till TFA. Taking all of that into account, Kylo has been constantly training, and using those skills. So Kylo still has the edge a pretty large one too, but still lost.

I honestly don't care about your personal feelings for First Order vs Empire or Vader vs Ren. All that is your business. Rey wasn't injured nor was Ren trying to kill her. Quit omitting these details you tool. Ren already ko'd her when Finn fought so she already lost. laughing out loud

We do not know what Rey knows but common sense should clue you in. Kylo beat her once and was injured as well as tried to convince her to let him train her. smile

Well when my predictions come true I'll taunt you by coming at your laughably inept empire. Sidious and Vader are dead. They were weak.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Nobody cares about his personal feelings about Ren or the First Order. He'll just continue to ***** and moan until everyone stops responding, at which point he'll declare himself the victor and piss off for a few days. If no one cared no one would respond. Another topic of mine which moves. I bring life to this forum you bring embarrassment and inferiority. You don't matter. You never will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.