Darth Revan's Actual Showings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
So, feats, hype and holistic portrayal aside, I'd like to see what Darth Revan has. What feats does Revan actually have as a Sith Lord? Only feats from his Sith incarnation, of course.

Obviously, this thread is here so we can analyze and scrutinize whatever's presented for the Dark Lord.

DarthAnt66
Ignoring all accolades:

Studied a planet-size archive of Sith knowledge.

The Mandalorians were "butchered" by him.

Mandalore the Ultimate was "no match" for him.

The weird Malachor energy feat (his best one).

Broke free from Vitiate's mental domination.

Resisted Malachor, Nathema, and the Star Forge.

Destroyed the Rakata raiding parties on Lehon.

Created the thought bomb based on Nathema.

Yusanis of Echani was "quickly" beaten by him.

The Echani in general were "slaughtered" by him.

Apparently bested an Underlurker on Yavin IV.

He "slew many Jedi," which was etched on his soul.

Bested Darth Malak in a duel and tore off his jaw.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Studied a planet-size archive of Sith knowledge.

The Mandalorians were "butchered" by him.

Mandalore the Ultimate was "no match" for him.

The weird Malachor energy feat (his best one).

All stuff from his Mandalorian Wars days. I'm only including things from him after he gets dominated by Vitiate.

Wasn't there a quote about time and distance affecting this? I've heard it, but I don't recall seeing it with my own eyes.

However, Revan and Malak technically both broke free, as they found the Star Maps and the Star Forge. Do you consider the Star Forge itself to have used its corrupting/lust-inducing powers to break them from Vitiate's hold? Sort of how you think it affected the original Dark Jedi Exiles.

This stuff all comes from before except the SF. Also, Revan did fall to the dark side (further) through studying Malachor's Sith knowledge.

Fair enough.

Not sure how to quantify this.

Fair ones, I suppose. What do you credit Malak's dueling skill with at this time?

I guess you don't take that Rakatan "lightning" thing anymore? That's the right thing to do smile

DarthAnt66
K.

---

Never seen it

Unsupported speculation.

---

Not due to lack of willpower.

---

K.

---

They're tough.

---

Shouldnt be much difference from then and the Leviathan.

K.

SunRazer

Unsupported speculation.

Nah. It mentions their ambitions overtaking Vitiate's mind control, which is similar to how you argue the Star Maps fueled the ambitions of the Exiles and made them fight one another.

I'm basing this solely off your own argument, nothing more.

It's not directly overcoming his willpower, yeah.

Like my grandmother?

I meant "what does he have by this time"?

DarthAnt66
The novel, or Gnost-Dural's journal which is less canon than my cat?

----

K.

---

Yes.

---

Second to Revan among the Jedi and the battlefield/tactician hype.

SunRazer
1. We can go with either. The Encyclopedia mentions him breaking free after he discovered the Star Forge. The implication seems strong.

2. Couldn't find that "second to Revan" quote on your RT.

DarthAnt66
1. Quote me on where the novel says it. SWTORE doesn't state they they broke free after they discovered the Forge, but rather they decided to use the Forge for their own use. They could have easily decided that prior, and probably did based on the cutscene of them opening a Star Map in KotOR where they were more concerned about the Jedi Order.

2. He's commonly referred to as the "greatest of the Jedi" or "the greatest of heroes" alongside Revan by in and out of universe sources.

Unbowed

He "slew many Jedi," which was etched on his soul.

I believe the quote was "even then(when he was young) you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul".

Darth Revan was a general so I doubt he had many chances to duel Jedi. The quote probably refers to the Mass Shadow Generator and his subsequent assassin squads.

DarthAnt66
Basically the same thing.

He still was a frequent sight on the battlefield. "Slay" suggests personally killed.

UCanShootMyNova

Heh...

Unbowed

He still was a frequent sight on the battlefield. "Slay" suggests personally killed.
Revan was the head of a galaxy-wide war effort, what the **** would he be doing swinging a lightsaber on some random world when he had invasion forces on hundreds, maybe thousands of worlds?

How come we didn't see Malak personally fighting on the battlefield in KOTOR? Out of the two of them Malak was supposed to be the meathead an Revan the grand strategist.

DarthAnt66
Uh, fighting the enemy? Droma and Kun were involved in battles too.

Probably because we never saw a battlefield in KotOR. erm

SunRazer
1. Quote me on where the novel says it. SWTORE doesn't state they they broke free after they discovered the Forge, but rather they decided to use the Forge for their own use. They could have easily decided that prior, and probably did based on the cutscene of them opening a Star Map in KotOR where they were more concerned about the Jedi Order.

No idea where the novel says it, you just asked me if I was using it from the novel, so I'd go with it.

The Encyclopedia states:

With the betrayal being clearly placed after the discovery of the SF.

No, he isn't. He's mentioned a couple of times as one of the greatest Jedi, but so what? Nothing puts him as second to Revan.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao. For one, in-universe. Two, you can't prove the source of the betrayal. Three, the text just states he found the Star Forge and betrayed Vitiate, not that he didn't plan to betray him after getting the Star Forge sooner. Again, it's clear they broke free prior because Malak was concerned that the Jedi wouldn't take him back if they continued their journey for the Star Maps. This is actually the most reaching I have ever saw you do in my three(?) years of knowing you.

It said he was foremost the greatest hero of his age along Revan. Carth also refers to him as the greatest hero alongside Revan at your Taris apartment.

The Ellimist
Didn't he remove the Rataka language from the collective ratakan memory or something?

DarthAnt66
Yeah, he ripped the Rakata language from their skulls into himself and implanted Basic into their minds.

Based on how all the Rakata understand him, he must have done it to everyone.

Note that the Rakata are Force-resistant. When Revan tried to influence them telepathically in KotOR, they laughed in his face.

DarthAnt66

QuakeBlood
Darth Revan was implicated to be better that Jedi strike team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc6eDFobJXg

Revan: "How did they capture someone as powerful as Revan... I mean, me?"

Malak: "I helped them, Revan"

SunRazer
Lmfao. For one, in-universe. Two, you can't prove the source of the betrayal. Three, the text just states he found the Star Forge and betrayed Vitiate, not that he didn't plan to betray him after getting the Star Forge sooner. Again, it's clear they broke free prior because Malak was concerned that the Jedi wouldn't take him back if they continued their journey for the Star Maps. This is actually the most reaching I have ever saw you do in my three(?) years of knowing you.

It said he was foremost the greatest hero of his age along Revan. Carth also refers to him as the greatest hero alongside Revan at your Taris apartment.

Not sure how it's reaching when I was addressing the possibility that it existed, not confirming it as fact. It's certainly a possibility.

I only managed to find one quote, which said that Alek and Revan were foremost among the Jedi warriors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.