Force users that were sworn to the darkside

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
For a force user its typically a matter of choice and usage of dark emotions/desire for knowledge that tempts them to the darkside. But in your reading of the EU, have you ever encountered a user who much like the Antichrist in the Bible- seemed to have been devised and or predestined to become a darkside user? Did they exist as a force user solely to cause destruction and to further chaos? What force user comes the closest to having seem predestined by fate to become a darksider rather than falling to it?

DarthAnt66
Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker were destined to join the dark side.

darthbane77
I agree with Ant, Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker are the only two I personally can think of.

DarthAnt66
Pretty sure Vitiate killed his parents at an extremely young age too.

darthbane77
That's true, OH Darth Bane is another one.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by darthbane77
That's true, OH Darth Bane is another one.
No.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Emperordmb
No. How was Bane not destined to fall to the Dark Side? He was the mother****ing Sith'ari, prophesied in Sith legends.

AncientPower
Sidious, Vitiate and Exar Kun were all pretty much doomed to the dark side from the off.

darthbane77
Why Kun?

Unbowed
Plagueis was eugenically created to be a Sith, Sidious was a born psychopath, Maul was pledged to the Sith from birth.

Vitiate and little Veradun(Malgus) are another two.

darthbane77
Anybody born in Vitiate's Empire with a Force connection.

AncientPower
Originally posted by darthbane77
Why Kun?

Kevin J. Anderson says he was born with darkness, unlike Ulic who had redemptive qualities.

chingchangwalla
Vitiate. He's just pure evil, he'll I'd even argue Palptine has more of a chance at redemption than this bloke

darthbane77
Originally posted by AncientPower
Kevin J. Anderson says he was born with darkness, unlike Ulic who had redemptive qualities. Oh, alrighty then.

SunRazer
Vitiate and Palpatine are the number ones.

Anakin was a flawed character, but not born "evil". In fact, Kun likely had more naturally "evil" traits.

Kurk
I agree with Anakin being flawed rather than inherently evil.

Sidious and Vitiate are the first two I think of.

SunRazer
Plagueis, too. I'm tempted to also say that Tenebrous wasn't born with much innocence.

Ascendancy
Vitiate, Bane, and Palps all never had even the smallest glimmer of a chance of ending up anywhere but on the dark side of the Force. Toss Maul in there as well I guess.

The Ellimist
Palpatine and Vitiate are truly evil from birth.

Actually not sure about Bane; he honestly had compassion for others even into his sith training. It was after he had recovered from the relapse that we see the last glimmers of the light wash away from him.

darthbane77
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Palpatine and Vitiate are truly evil from birth.

Actually not sure about Bane; he honestly had compassion for others even into his sith training. It was after he had recovered from the relapse that we see the last glimmers of the light wash away from him. True, but as the foretold Sith'ari there wasn't much room for light in him.

ares834
Vitiate's backstory is basically Damien level shit... lmao

Absolutely awful.

Sinious
Originally posted by SunRazer
Vitiate and Palpatine are the number ones.

The Ellimist
I'm not sure if those prophecies were just accurate predictions, or if the Force actively intervened to make it so. What I mean is, if you were to add an event from another universe or something that would lead Bane away from the sith, would the Force then come in to make sure the sith'ari rose? Not sure.

If the prophecy is just a prediction, then you could say that Bane had "no other choice", but only to the extent that we don't because the universe is deterministic; that doesn't mean he didn't have a choice in a reasonable definition of the term.

Sinious
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'm not sure if those prophecies were just accurate predictions, or if the Force actively intervened to make it so. What I mean is, if you were to add an event from another universe or something that would lead Bane away from the sith, would the Force then come in to make sure the sith'ari rose? Not sure.

If the prophecy is just a prediction, then you could say that Bane had "no other choice", but only to the extent that we don't because the universe is deterministic; that doesn't mean he didn't have a choice in a reasonable definition of the term. Free will vs causality then smile

NewGuy01
If what we know about Vitiate's childhood is true, then him. But really, what we got was a centuries-old hearsay-based recollection of events, and I'm uninclined to believe that it's fully accurate, let alone inclusive of all relevant details.

After that, the best example is Sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.