HP Doomsday vs Death Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's winning this? No bfr in this battle. Winner is by knockout or Death.

RealityWarper
Sentry can't die or be KOed. \o/

At least not by Doomsday.

Sentry can disintegrate completely Doomsday with his power to manipulate the reality completely stopping DD from coming back.

krisblaze
Been made twice now.

carver9
3 times wont hurt

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
3 times wont hurt

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! laughing

Cogito
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Sentry can disintegrate completely Doomsday with his power to manipulate the reality completely stopping DD from coming back.

HP DD showed the ability to adapt to Waverider's chronal energies on the fly, and cancelled him out.

I don't know how this goes. On one hand Sentry has powers that DD has never seen/adpated to before, and on the other hand DD was adapting on the fly to everything short of entropy itself. Heck, Mother Box herself determined that was the only way to beat him.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Cogito
HP DD showed the ability to adapt to Waverider's chronal energies on the fly, and cancelled him out.

So you think that Doomsday could cancel Sentry's reality manipulation powers ?

I know but in the other hand he wasn't able to adapt to Imperiex blasts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's the same Doomsday we are talking about right ?

I mean that THIS Doomsday and the one from Hunter / Prey are supposed to be exactly the same power-wise, etc ?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105597/4322382-2692459278-imp6..jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105597/4322385-9684615726-28454.jpg

iceman24567
Doomsday wins

Cogito
So you think that Doomsday could cancel Sentry's reality manipulation powers ? Possibly. Cancelling out chronal powers is pretty stupid, so why not?

I know but in the other hand he wasn't able to adapt to Imperiex blasts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's the same Doomsday we are talking about right ?

Yes, that's H/P Doomsday technically speaking. Imperiex is entropy, the most powerful destructive force in DC. That's no low feat by any stretch

leonidas
lol yeah, comparing sentry to imperiex is pretty ridiculous. i could actually see sentry's matter manip having the same type of effect as the omega beams had on dd. in a comic, they would put him down briefly, but long enough for a forum win, then immediately following, dd would get up and beat the hell out of sentry, or smush him or...whatever would pass for ko'ing him somehow. after that, the fight could seemingly last forever as i don't know that either could do enough to put the other down for good.

krisblaze
Doomsday can't fly.

How's he going to reach Sentry?

RealityWarper
Possibly. Cancelling out chronal powers is pretty stupid, so why not?

I could agree if it was against a far less powerful character like Proteus for example.

Sentry was able to stop Molecule Man using his powers on him and to force him to fix his mistakes before destroying his body. I think that he is in a completely different league.

I know that. smile

Sentry is the most powerful man in existence, far beyond Molecule Man and Beyonder.

I think that he has the title to pretend to beating Doomsday.

Cogito
Originally posted by krisblaze
Doomsday can't fly.

How's he going to reach Sentry?

Superman explicity tried to fly and keep his distance in H/P, and Doomsday immediately evolved extendy bone claws a la Scorpion in Mortal Kombat that f'd him up.

That, and super speed/jumping as shown in DOS

tkitna
Originally posted by leonidas
lol yeah, comparing sentry to imperiex is pretty ridiculous. i could actually see sentry's matter manip having the same type of effect as the omega beams had on dd. in a comic, they would put him down briefly, but long enough for a forum win, then immediately following, dd would get up and beat the hell out of sentry, or smush him or...whatever would pass for ko'ing him somehow. after that, the fight could seemingly last forever as i don't know that either could do enough to put the other down for good.

This is how I see it too. Who goes down first before reappearing I guess. I dont know if either can actually win.

ShadowFyre
I could agree if it was against a far less powerful character like Proteus for example.

Sentry was able to stop Molecule Man using his powers on him and to force him to fix his mistakes before destroying his body. I think that he is in a completely different league.

Far beyond molecule man huh? Because of that one time? If he was that powerful, he wouldnt be resorting to punching Thor, or having to fly through Asgard to destroy it. He would blink and everything would die. Quit making shit up. Hes not the most powerful anything in existence. Hes just powerful. This is kind of fanboyism I hate.

DS should win, no way of physically harming him, on top of a plethora of other powers. Should be enough for a forum ko

I know that. smile

Sentry is the most powerful man in existence, far beyond Molecule Man and Beyonder.

I think that he has the title to pretend to beating Doomsday.

iceman24567
Superman explicity tried to fly and keep his distance in H/P, and Doomsday immediately evolved extendy bone claws a la Scorpion in Mortal Kombat that f'd him up.

That, and super speed/jumping as shown in DOS Yeah flying won't be the deciding factor here who's quicker to smash the other will decide the winner. Doomsday gives Sentry the Darkseid treatment. Doomsday for the solid majority

MADMAN01
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! laughing

Wonderful

quanchi112
lol yeah, comparing sentry to imperiex is pretty ridiculous. i could actually see sentry's matter manip having the same type of effect as the omega beams had on dd. in a comic, they would put him down briefly, but long enough for a forum win, then immediately following, dd would get up and beat the hell out of sentry, or smush him or...whatever would pass for ko'ing him somehow. after that, the fight could seemingly last forever as i don't know that either could do enough to put the other down for good. Nice fanfic but Sentry clearly wins. Argue based off evidence not based off your feelings.

krisblaze
Sentry flies around blasting him to death like the Radiant did.

Knuckle spikes won't hit him or do much if they did.

Unlike Superman, who cries at a broken arm, the Sentry laughs while tearing his brain apart.

Galan007
lol yeah, comparing sentry to imperiex is pretty ridiculous. i could actually see sentry's matter manip having the same type of effect as the omega beams had on dd. in a comic, they would put him down briefly, but long enough for a forum win, then immediately following, dd would get up and beat the hell out of sentry, or smush him or...whatever would pass for ko'ing him somehow. after that, the fight could seemingly last forever as i don't know that either could do enough to put the other down for good. Agreed. Sentry would likely be able to put DD down with a high-level energy attack once... But then DD would evolve to Sentry's energy-signature. And as was the case with Radiant and Waverider, DD would then be able to either cancel out said energy entirely, OR cause a massive feedback on the user -- either of which will put Sentry down.

DD's biggest potential bugaboo here is Sentry's physicality -- he has never adapted beyond death by physical means. Even with that in mind, DD treated MB-amped Supes(whose stats were massively amped) as though he was a weak feeb -- so I'm not exactly convinced that Sentry has the physicality required to put him down anyway(though I am open to the possibility, IF I see sufficient proof.) /shrug

RealityWarper
One day, people will understand that Sentry isn't a Superman-like being but a reality warper beyond the scope of the other Marvel characters (that's not my fault ! I didn't know that he was one when I decided my nickname ! I swear !)...

But now....

<_<

>_>

<_<

DOTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAA !

tkitna
Originally posted by Galan007

DD's biggest potential bugaboo here is Sentry's physicality -- he has never adapted beyond death by physical means. Even with that in mind, DD treated MB-amped Supes(whose stats were massively amped) as though he was a weak feeb -- so I'm not exactly convinced that Sentry has the physicality required to put him down anyway(though I am open to the possibility, IF I see sufficient proof.) /shrug

Lets try to remember that DSentry was portrayed as having as much physical strength (or at least 50% for those who want to lowball the feat and ignore what the writer was trying to convey) as all the Earth bound hero's combined had. Step back for a second and drink that in. Do you realize how strong he must be? It has to be astronomical.

Galan007
I was taking that feat into consideration.

But given how massive of an amp H/P Superman had ala the Motherbox... And the strength-difference that STILL existed between he and DD... I am not quite convinced that Sentry would have the physicality to kill him outright. /shrug

RealityWarper
Originally posted by tkitna
Lets try to remember that DSentry was portrayed as having as much physical strength (or at least 50% for those who want to lowball the feat and ignore what the writer was trying to convey) as all the Earth bound hero's combined had. Step back for a second and drink that in. Do you realize how strong he must be? It has to be astronomical.

Technically Rogue was just a two-bit player because if we look at it logically.

A Skyfather (ofc Odin or Zeus) can amp himself to be significantly stronger physically than a lot of heroes.

A Celestial like Arishem can do the same stuff relative to Skyfathers.

And Exitar is said to be stronger than the complete 4th Celestial Host.

Logically, the point of the scene was to show that the combined power of all Earth Heroes was nothing to Exitar and that Sentry could match it.

h1a8
Technically Rogue was just a two-bit player because if we look at it logically.

A Skyfather (ofc Odin or Zeus) can amp himself to be significantly stronger physically than a lot of heroes.

A Celestial like Arishem can do the same stuff relative to Skyfathers.

And Exitar is said to be stronger than the complete 4th Celestial Host.

Logically, the point of the scene was to show that the combined power of all Earth Heroes was nothing to Exitar and that Sentry could match it. ABC logic doesn't work here. Skyfathers often don't amp their physical strength when fighting. So Odin against Celestials has no bearing on Sentry lifting Exitars foot (with help). Unless Odin was shown to amp his strength and attempt to lift Exitars foot then ABC logic works.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by h1a8
ABC logic doesn't work here.

It's not a question of ABC logic but more a question of knowing the lore of Marvel.

I merely stated evidence in the Cosmic Hierarchy.

I'm speaking about Energy Potential, Bro.

It has for the reasons I've just stated.

Lifting is a truly bad term.

Sentry wasn't lifting Exitar.

Exitar was pushing down to the Earth and Sentry was pushing him up.

Rogue was nothing but a useless participant as her contribution to the feat was only cosmetic.

All of Rogue's power wasn't enough to slow down Exitar.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4659938-roguenotenoughuncanny-avengers-021-012.jpg

If that was the case she could have at least hold him or slow him down a bit.

(Which was useless)

Read my two posts in the chronological order.

The point is that Odin can't match the physical power of a single Celestial, especially without prep'

tkitna
Originally posted by Galan007
I was taking that feat into consideration.

But given how massive of an amp H/P Superman had ala the Motherbox... And the strength-difference that STILL existed between he and DD... I am not quite convinced that Sentry would have the physicality to kill him outright. /shrug

Agreed. I dont know what the amp pushed him to tier wise. We just know it was massive. Definitely not arguing either way. Just saying it could be possible. It would be an interesting battle to see regardless.

DarkSaint85
Good fight.

With regards the flying, whilst Superman tried it, he didn't go as fast as Sentry did when with Thor.

Galan007
Given that BFR has been disallowed, does it really matter?

DarkSaint85
That was in response to Cogito, who mentioned how DD got round a flier.

Galan007
Sentry only flew multiples of c while he was BFR'ing Thor off-world. If we're talking in-character here, then DD could certainly tag Sentry with the claws -- this version of Sentry loves monologuing. Do I think it would have the same effect on Sentry as it did on Superman? Definitely not.

That said, I don't see flight as any sort of deciding factor here, mainly because it has never been a deciding factor in any of DD's battles(the higher-end versions of DD, that is.) Most of the beings DD has shredded through over the years were capable of flight, after all. /shrug

Pillow Biter
Sentry's access to his full power is highly inconsistent. Death Sentry may be Sentry's Zenith as a flying brick, but can he really access all of Sentry's reality warping powers?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Sentry's access to his full power is highly inconsistent. Death Sentry may be Sentry's Zenith as a flying brick, but can he really access all of Sentry's reality warping powers?

Technically Sentry can access consciously to his reality warping power since Dark Avengers #12 because that's the moment he understood that he could do the same stuff that the Cosmic Cube-beings plus the power and minus the skills.

Sentry got rid of his agoraphobia when he stayed "dead" in the Sun and the Death Seed changed his personality in the one of the Horseman of Death which removed his schizophrenia. Horsemen are as crazy as a pack of nuts but they don't have the morals that limited Sentry's views about his powers so now he is closer to use his full potential. He doesn't limit himself ton one aspect via roleplaying a good or a bad persona, Sentry & the Void (willingly and unwillingly). We saw him using Infinitendrils and be more aware of his true nature.

In order to fully understand his true nature, Bob should simply stop seeing himself as a "flesh and bone character" as his true nature is one closer to the Abstracts in his conception: He only has the physical form that he wishes.

Pillow Biter
Has he ever done any reality warping as Death Sentry?

TheHulkster

Maybe some molecular manipulation:

http://i.imgur.com/tfdo00u.jpg

RealityWarper

What TheHuklster posted but honestly even Sentry's physical form is a reality warping feat.

He could have looked like Quentin Tarantino if he wanted instead.

Pillow Biter
Sure. I'm in complete agreement that Sentry is in theory capable of obliterating Doomsday. And that Death Sentry is also in theory capable of everything Sentry was (or at least as far as we know).
But what's true in theory and true in comic book practice can be very different things.

RealityWarper
Sure. I'm in complete agreement that Sentry is in theory capable of obliterating Doomsday. And that Death Sentry is also in theory capable of everything Sentry was (or at least as far as we know).
But what's true in theory and true in comic book practice can be very different things.

Yep. That's because the story matters more than the characters themselves and it's truly not interesting to read comic books to read fights without a story behind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.