Can Jedi survive longer then non force sensitives...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Without food or water?

|King Joker|
yes

Ursumeles
Yeah

Zenwolf
Yeah, The Force can sustain them.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Kurk
The question though is how long?

cs_zoltan
Until they die.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

SunRazer
Palpatine without any training survived weeks without food, water or rest, and whilst crawling over a tundras with Plagueis giving him rashes and burns through lightsaber slashes the entire time.

Ursumeles

SunRazer
Jedi Padawans can stave off hunger with meditation, too. Just wanted an extreme example.

ILS
The issue is that Jedi are seldom put in a position to have to deal sleep/food deprivation, as far as training goes. We'd need specific examples of it happening. Maybe Rahm Kota during his gladiator battles? I don't know if he ate very much.

It took about 20 days of little to no sleep, little to no food outside of raw meat, little water, being in nigh-constant combat with assassin droids, and a festering leg infection caused by a blaster wound for Maul to finally have to rest - he then took shelter in a cave doing nothing but sleeping and hallucinating for about a week until Sidious found him.

That said, all it took for Maul to feel more powerful than ever before, albeit only briefly, was for Sidious to piss him off. And this was Maul at about 16/17 certainly no more than 18.

Granted he's a Zabrak Sith who's immensely powerful and renowned for his willpower alone, but I think that gives an indication of just how much physiological and psychological stress can be endured by drawing on the Force.

I suppose other examples include Galen's training under Vader where he was also made to survive weeks, or maybe months (I can't recall) without sleep or food, surviving on anger alone. Then there's Mustafar Anakin who went days without food or rest and still engaged in a marathon duel with Obi-Wan.

If we extend this past nutrition, Jedi like Gnost-Dural, Obi-Wan and plenty of others have survived immense amounts of physical punishment and still performed as if little had changed for them.

Would be interesting to see other examples I've missed. I think in general Sith will outperform Jedi in this field because of how they cling to life; look at how after the Beyond Shadows duel, wherein the novel it was said Krayt and Luke sustained comparable injuries, Krayt was the first of the two on his feet and recovering while Luke needed a pep talk from Mara's ghost to not allow himself to die. I wouldn't suggest Krayt has better Force reserves than Luke, though his are clearly phenomenal, but his endurance and pain tolerance must be higher.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.