Top 10 Strongest Canon Force Wielders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
This thread is in regards to strength in the Force. This means any manifestation or usage of the Force can be used as a gauge, including but not limited to combative application. Essentially, who the Force is strongest with. This doesn't include potential; I mean actualised usage of the Force.

Since this can fluctuate based on emotions, mental clarity/focus etc, you can rank characters based on the highest showing of Force connection they have ever displayed, e.g Anakin demolishing Dooku, Luke demolishing Vader, and so on.

To make it interesting, we'll say that the Ones, Yoda and Palpatine are to be excluded from the list. That said, I'm interested in how people think Luke and Snoke will relate to the latter two in the coming movies.

I'll start with my list.

1 - Luke Skywalker (TFA) - I'm expecting him to have reached a great deal of his potential by this point, which I think is grounds enough for putting him at the top; he's the son of the most (potentially) powerful Force user to have ever existed, has spent decades in study and conflict which cultivates power, and has reached the age of 53, which is by no means a mark against him when you look at the age of other powerful Force users; Yoda at the end of his lifespan, Dooku at 80, Palpatine at 60-80, Mace and Maul at 50, etc. Also, assuming he has indeed honed his considerable power since RotJ where he became powerful enough to batter Vader into submission in short order, that sets an extremely impressive benchmark.

2 - Mother Talzin - Someone who is presented as a legitimate individual rival of Palpatine, who has secrets he covets, who can stand up to him on the Dathomir nexus (which, presumably, would amp both Dark Siders) after a dubiously completed ritual which may have weakened Talzin. She was also said to be at the heart of her power, but the point is, she can hold a candle to Sidious - she has to be up there.

3/4 - Anakin Skywalker - Alongside Luke, the most prodigious Jedi (and Sith) in Star Wars, capable of making the superior experience of his contemporaries almost redundant in combat simply by attaining enough focus for his vast power. Quick to excel in whatever field he dedicated himself to, whether it be combat, piloting, telepathic influence, telekinesis, mechanics, etc.

3/4 - Darth Vader - Clearly a different entity altogether from Anakin, I view Vader as coming in shortly after Anakin, with him being above Anakin being a debatable topic. Vader has more mastery and focus of his power on average, but he lacks Anakin's raw power at both of their respective peaks. I don't see Vader doing to Dooku what Anakin managed, at his best. In fact I think Vader very much takes Dooku's role when Luke steamrolls him, with the point of those two scenes being that they mirror each other, however Luke spares Vader while Anakin kills Dooku.

5 - Mace Windu - Largely reputed as Yoda's second-in-command on the Council, one of if not the greatest Jedi warriors to take part in the Clone Wars, and with his considerably impressive showing against Sidious in RotS (albeit with dubious circumstances), I think his spot is one of the most clearly defined of this list.

6/7/8 - Count Dooku
6/7/8 - Darth Maul
6/7/8 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - I long maintain that these three are peers with something of a rock/paper/scissors relationship in regards to their fighting style, and I find it hard to judge who is necessarily strongest in the Force. Dooku with his immense knowledge, experience and clarity of intent? Maul with his immense potential and virtual floodgate of emotional energy tempered by endless training? Obi-Wan with his unwavering devotion to the ways of the Jedi, his willingness to sacrifice anything for what he believes is right, and his ability to let the Force flow through him effortlessly and use him as a vessel? It's hard to say who the Force necessarily "likes" most circa RotS when they've all met, but I think they're damn close.

9/10- Ahsoka Tano - She's not at all far from the three discussed above and could very well surpass any of them. Simply put, her experiences during the Clone Wars served her well, and she's now capitalising on her considerable potential in Rebels as shown when she performs admirably against both Maul and Vader. Especially if Malachor is meant to be a nexus in the traditional sense of weakening Jedi and strengthening Sith.

9/10 - Savage Opress - Uh oh, incoming "Savage only do saberz!! no force!" Simply put, the rate at which Savage picked up his training is astounding. In mere months, he mastered the saberstaff, developed considerable strength in telekinesis, Force sense, etc, to the point he became a worthy contender and a seriously dangerous threat for most of everyone listed above him during TCW, was sensed as a threat that was growing in power by the day by Dooku, and was worth being eliminated personally by Sidious. That learning rate can only be attributed to his bloodline, which is why it makes sense for him to share a top 10 spot with Maul and Talzin. I considered putting him above Ahsoka, and I personally believe his potential his higher than hers (one of the highest in the mythos for certain), but her greater experience, training and focus probably edge out his raw aptitude.

Unknown/Speculative - Could very well enter the list if we knew more about them.

Darth Plagueis - Clearly very powerful, but by how much? Above Vader? Below Vader? On-par with Snoke and Talzin? Who knows. He would knock Savage off of his spot if I knew where to put him.

Yaddle - A member of Yoda's species and because of this is attributed as having a similar aptitude for the Force as him, the question is, how much? We'll likely never know.

Qui-Gon Jinn - His relationship to both the Living and Cosmic Force, and his deep understanding that led to him becoming a Force Ghost, should be considerable enough to at least have him mentioned.

Force Priestesses - It's been a while since watching the Yoda TCW arc and I've done little research on them, so I suppose the question is, are they possibly more powerful than any non-entity Force user? Or do they fall somewhere among mere mortals?

Darth Bane & Banite Sith - How powerful was Canon Bane, and how powerful were his successors relative to a top 10 list? Perhaps we'll never know, but it's worth thinking about.

Snoke - Responsible for Kylo Ren's training, presented as being considerably powerful, possibly Luke's main rival in TFA. We just don't know enough to know where to place him yet. Could be sub-Vader, could be higher than Talzin.

Honourable Mentions - Not quite top 10 ("yet", in some cases) but worthy of mention/debate.

Kylo Ren - His bloodline, reputation as a Jedi killer, decades of training, and various Force feats (mainly including him fighting through both physical injury from an explosive to the stomach and emotional turmoil from killing Han) indicate to me he's worth mentioning.

Asajj Ventress - Always a worthy contender during TCW, someone worth eliminating for Sidious' trouble.

Quinlan Vos - His staggering power progression when using the Dark Side, to the point he could briefly outdo Dooku and pummel Ventress, indicate that he has plenty of potential which he took a shortcut to. Maybe there's a case for him being on the top 10?

Kanan, Rey - Clearly novice Force wielders on average, but they have brief moments of... inspiration... which indicate their high potential when fully open to the Force. I suppose Kanan in the state of being where he can embarrass Maul is top 10 material, just as I'd mention Anakin and Luke's rare moments of immense success, but something feels wrong about including him.

Pong Krell - Heh. I think he's clearly worth mentioning for his combative ability and esoteric powers alone, I know others will disagree.

Vonn - He's supposedly better than Kylo in the coming movie? Don't know much about him but seemed worth mentioning.

SunRazer
Rey might be in the list by the next film. Luke's placement should be solidified. Snoke as well. You forgot to put Snoke in your "unknown" list.

ILS
Originally posted by SunRazer
Rey might be in the list by the next film. Luke's placement should be solidified. Snoke as well. You forgot to put Snoke in your "unknown" list. Glad you caught that, edited him in.

SunRazer
http://www.inquisitr.com/3489424/star-wars-8-news-supreme-leader-snoke-theories-darth-maul-clone-wars-ending-rebels-plot-sith-lord-rumors/

carthage
I think he's likely someone else entirely. No disagreement about Luke though I wonder if he's truly above Palps in canon. At this point he should be beyond Vader

ILS
I can't see Snoke being anyone from the cartoons or Maul, for the simple reason that it would confuse the average person.

wat, maul died in tpm

wat, whose ezra i dont watch cartoons

SunRazer
Yeah, I want Snoke to be someone else too. These theories are just ridiculous.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by carthage
I think he's likely someone else entirely. No disagreement about Luke though I wonder if he's truly above Palps in canon. At this point he should be beyond Vader
I think that as well.

Good list, thought it is still strange for me to see Obi-Wan as peer to the two Sith :/

carthage
Also with Vos he legitimately blasted through Dooku while enraged and stomped Ventress after having been drugged, tortured, and starved/hit by force lightning by Dooku. Even if he's poorly written those feats struck me as being batshit in DD. I'd place him above Dooku in canon at least. Probably inferior to Mace and Anakin though

Nephthys
Sidious should have just recruited Vos ffs.

carthage
Would you recruit someone that got his ass kicked by a Cowboy Alien?

|King Joker|
Ahsoka should be in the Dooku / Maul / Kenobi interval, for sure.

SunRazer
What's Ahsoka shown with the Force?

|King Joker|
One-shotted the Fifth Brother, who's capable of ragdolling Kanan (and Kanan halted cave-ins after not using the Force after 10 years, caught Ezra plummeting to Lothal's surface with the Force, suspended "massive" catwalks years before his prime), hurled the Seventh Sister, who briefly held back the Phantom with its thrusters on (for some scaling, I believe the Phantom is larger than TIE fighters), and shoved Darth Vader, who's Force feats I'm sure you know, on a dark side nexus. Plus, there's just the general obviousness of Ahsoka's high-tier Force abilities given her accolades as a teenager and portrayal as a formidable warrior, who's capable of consecutively fighting Maul and Darth Vader on Malachor. There's also a statement on a Rebels Recon that she "stands with the best" when it comes to the Force. So she's pretty legit.

DarthDuelist9
I'm still a believer that Kylo's more powerful then Ahsoka.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ILS
Vonn - He's supposedly better than Kylo in the coming movie? Don't know much about him but seemed worth mentioning. Who?

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Who?

The character played by Benicio Del Toro

Beniboybling
I wasn't aware his name had been confirmed. confused

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I wasn't aware his name had been confirmed. confused

It's just a rumour that's been going along for some time now, guess that's why people put some weight behind it.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
I don't see Vader doing to Dooku what Anakin managed, at his best. In fact I think Vader very much takes Dooku's role when Luke steamrolls him, with the point of those two scenes being that they mirror each other, however Luke spares Vader while Anakin kills Dooku.
thumb up

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
I can't see Snoke being anyone from the cartoons or Maul, for the simple reason that it would confuse the average person.

wat, whose ezra i dont watch cartoons

IMHO it won't be Ezra because how can anyone find a villain intimidating when there's widely available source material of his time as a whiny, bratty, annoying as **** child.

There's a reason Sidious and Vitiate's childhood is ****ed up, and other than that relatively unexplored...

JKBart
Nah. Intimidating villains can emerge from typical whiny childish children - like many IRL damaged people do.

Can't be done convincingly with Ezra though.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
IMHO it won't be Ezra because how can anyone find a villain intimidating when there's widely available source material of his time as a whiny, bratty, annoying as **** child.

I see what you did there.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
IMHO it won't be Ezra because how can anyone find a villain intimidating when there's widely available source material of his time as a whiny, bratty, annoying as **** child. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_H3_g9PhnM

Darth Abonis
Where's Palpatine?

ILS
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Where's Palpatine? Excluded from the list.

With The Ones, Sids/Yoda and some of the unknowns, my list would look like this:

1. The Father
2. The Son The Daughter
3. Force Priestesses
4. Luke Skywalker
5. Darth Sidious
6. Yoda
7. Mother Talzin
8. Darth Plagueis
9. Either Snoke or Anakin Skywalker.
10. Either Snoke or Darth Vader

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by ILS
Excluded from the list.

With The Ones, Sids/Yoda and some of the unknowns, my list would look like this:

1. The Father
2. The Son The Daughter
3. Force Priestesses
4. Luke Skywalker
5. Darth Sidious
6. Yoda
7. Mother Talzin
8. Darth Plagueis
9. Either Snoke or Anakin Skywalker.
10. Either Snoke or Darth Vader

Snoke should be above Anakin and Vader to be honest, he's constantly put forward as the replacement of the Emperor in the ST and he's steeped in Dark Side knowledge (as a comparison: the word 'steeped' was also used to describe Sidious's immersion in the Dark Side). He could very well even range from 8 to 4/5 but we don't know enough of him to say that for sure.

UCanShootMyNova
Mother Talzin, Dooku, Yoda, Sidious, Vader, Maul, Savage Oppress, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Snoke should be above Anakin and Vader to be honest, he's constantly put forward as the replacement of the Emperor in the ST and he's steeped in Dark Side knowledge (as a comparison: the word 'steeped' was also used to describe Sidious's immersion in the Dark Side). He could very well even range from 8 to 4/5 but we don't know enough of him to say that for sure. Mm. Time will tell. I expect he'll be in between Vader and Sids but the thing with expectations is they're never what you expect. Unless you're expecting something random.

UCanShootMyNova
I expect him to be around composite Dooku level tbh. At least in showings.

JKBart
Excluding Luke Skywalker, tbh.

1. Mother Talzin
2. Anakin Skywalker / Mace Windu
3. Darth Vader
4. Count Dooku
5. Darth Maul / Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Ahsoka Tano
7. Savage Opress
8. Asajj Ventress
9. Kit Fisto
10. Qui-Gon Jinn

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
I see what you did there.

Anything to low key shit on the prequels yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.