Darth Vader's Lightsaber Skills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
What are some of Vader's best dueling feats? I know some of them, but not as many as I would like to.

Ursumeles
Canon or Legends?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Canon or Legends? Composite lightsaber feats. So it doesn't matter, Legends and Canon both.

Ursumeles
Hmmm...
I don't recall many either, under them would be his fights against Kenobi, Tano and Luke of course, and his fight against these Jedi Woman(Dark lady? Black Lady?) IIRC he also has beaten several Jedi shortly after RotS, has endaged(and won, I think) Galen in a Saber Fight, and has fought against Celeste Morne.
Just of the top off my hed, so some of them might be wrong tbh.

darthbane77
I remember all the ones you mentioned, those are really the only I can remember as well.

UCanShootMyNova
Surviving against the Jedi Enclave until stormtroopers arrived.
Duelings 4 or 5 Jedi simultaneously before TK'ing them.
Logically being more skilled then he was as Anakin.
Beating Muur empowered ( though not possessed ) Celeste Morne.
Stalemating and showing superiority as a lightsaber combatant to Starkiller.

Some of these feats I mentioned are before Vader's prime. Logically he would have grown as a lightsaber combatant after some of these feats and he's confirmed to have grown considerably in ESB and RotJ.

darthbane77
I forgot that Morne was being empowered by Muur, that makes that feat a lot better.

UCanShootMyNova
Ye.

Ursumeles
@Nova Lol, I mentioned all except for the second xD
He should also has an fight against Ferus Olin, in which he stomped him. Not sure if he had used his saber here, tho.
This ones are his most impressive imo.
He should also have Sparring Sessions with Lumiya, I suppose

SunRazer
Morne wasn't empowered by Muur. She was refusing to accept his aid and he was taunting her the entire time. All she was doing was getting distracted by his spirit, lol.

Beniboybling
Housing Marek on Kamino. thumb up

chingchangwalla
Mm I've been starting to doubt Vader's skills with a Saber after looking at his feats :/

chingchangwalla
His 'style' just makes no sense either

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
Morne wasn't empowered by Muur. She was refusing to accept his aid and he was taunting her the entire time. All she was doing was getting distracted by his spirit, lol.

She was being empowered by Muur but Muur wanted her to draw more of his power IIRC.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Housing Marek on Kamino. thumb up

Starkiller*

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
His 'style' just makes no sense either

His style is based around making up for the weaknesses of his suit.

chingchangwalla
That's not what I ****ing meant. Christ.

UCanShootMyNova
Then what do you mean ching? Use your words honey. smile

chingchangwalla
You think I don't already know his style was based around his suit? I mean in animating sense :/
The only real way they could have a fight between him and someone who's fast paced and crazy like Maul is if Vader is on the offensive ALL THE TIME.

UCanShootMyNova
Which he would be.

Regardless, choreography from visual mediums is NO way to assess a character's combative abilitiy. Going down that route leads to EvanNooba, Reticent4 and JenIsSorry.

chingchangwalla
Yeah I guess not. But that means Maul vs Vader is already doomed to be a massive lopsided contest

UCanShootMyNova
Maul will be defeated yes. But I believe to make it appear to be a good fight Vader will be hindered or Maul will be amped in some way.

chingchangwalla
So The Resurrection fight all over again except Vader dominating? That's kinda boring.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Ziggystardust
What has changed in todays Star Wars? He can stalemate Ashoka Tano on a Darkside nexus?

|King Joker|
Stalemate? He was beating her.

Ziggystardust
What, because she was making orgasm faces?

|King Joker|
Because he was consistently on the offensive, she seemed visibly fatigued near the end, and he drove her out of center of the temple to the edge of it. It's obvious he was winning.

Ziggystardust
The use of of conjecture is a sure sign tell that there was nothing obvious about it.

|King Joker|
I'd love to hear your explanation on how it was a stalemate, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Ziggystardust
Given that there is little no evidence to the contrary it should be easy.

It was a stalemate because it was a stalemate.

|King Joker|
https://57.media.tumblr.com/b7b4accba586ad321141b6ba80d69044/tumblr_o47t0v6q1L1sc4v2fo8_250.gif

quanchi112
Tano face ****ed him and held her own. Vader is an embarrassment.

chingchangwalla
Dooku has comprehensively beaten his opponents. Moreso than Vader tbh and Dooku didn't have a massive strength and stamina advantage to rely on when he wasn't winning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.