Is there a Comic Book character that defined by By Atheist Non belief?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
If not should there be?

Galan007
One that comes to mind is Dr. Manhattan:

https://s10.postimg.org/57v8gp9bd/119.jpg

golem370
I read Colossus was an Atheist.

Digi
"Defined by" is an odd way to phrase it. There are atheist characters in comics, but to say they're "defined" by it is a different matter. Frankly, pretty much any character, if they were defined by their religion - rather than simply having it as one element in their character among many others - would be pretty boring, imo.

Anyway, Mr. Terrific is probably the most well-known atheist in comics.

krisblaze
Mr.T isn't well known because nobody gives a **** about him.

Shadowcat is defined by being a jew.

Astner
It wouldn't really make much sense in Marvel and DC where the existence of gods is public knowledge.

riv6672
Originally posted by golem370
I read Colossus was an Atheist.
He is, though unlike Krisblaze being a complete tard, he isnt defined by it.
Other characters you may want to check are Anarky, Booster Gold, and Starman Ted Knight.

golem370
Cool

wuleecat
How about Doctor Thirteen? While he's not exactly 'all about atheism', his scepticism would put him in the ballpark for the sort of character you're talking about. (And to be honest he's a bit more interesting than Dr Manhattan, who does mind-bending stuff but manages to be as dull as hell as a character)

riv6672
Thats a good choice.
I havent thought of him in years.

Endless Mike
Reed Richards has been stated to be atheist a few times but it's kind of inconsistent.

Originally posted by Astner
It wouldn't really make much sense in Marvel and DC where the existence of gods is public knowledge.

There's a simple workaround for that - they just consider those gods to be powerful aliens.

Galan007
Reed personally met 'God' in F4 #511. He'd have to be a complete f*cktard to still be an atheist. stick out tongue

Digi
Yeah, and I dunno if the Source is general knowledge for all DC heroes/villains. But Marvel and DC make it really hard to be atheistic with their rather explicit deities.

I'd love to see Doom become a solipsist because of the events of Secret Wars. Of anyone, he's the most likely to actually have reason to believe he is and will always be God.

chilled monkey
Is there a Comic Book character that defined by Atheist Non belief?

Yes. There's the Holy Man, a villain in "Warrior Nun Areala."

If not should there be?

Sure why not. There's Nazi's, terrorists, would-be world conquerors, dictators, etc. Might as well include another kind of villain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.