Characters You Defend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
Are there any character you personally task yourself with defending and/or hyping because you believe them to be underrated or perhaps for another reason?

I myself do this with 5 characters.

Grievous.
Galen.
Kanan.
Depa.
Ventress.

I think we're all aware of some pretty obvious examples from others but I'm curious if anybody will come forwards on some of the characters they defend that aren't so obvious.

Ursumeles
Hamner, Dooku and Yaddle are probably my obvious ones. Anakin from our debat. And I'll try with Caedus, Mara, Jaina, Saba, Lobi, Kyp, the first Sith and Cade. Maybe also, Legends General Grievous and Traya.

Darth Demenos
Kyp
Ventress
Kyle
Krayt
Nihl
Mara, but its never come up with me
legends grievous

but i will always defend luke and sidious

Emperordmb
I defend Darth Bane, the Banite line, Darth Bane Trilogy characters, etc. but honestly there's no point at this place.

I also defend the supremacy of the Ones and Abeloth over those few forum members that seek to put some character above them.

I also defend Post-Pool Sarasu Taalon as being an above Luke character whose regarded in the eyes of many as beneath Sidious.

I also defend the rest of the Lost Tribe, such as Viun Gaalan, Ivaar Workan, and Darish Vol, who are also underrated.

I'm also an advocate of Mace Windu, and am a proud member of the Windu>Dooku brigade, support Ahsoka whose showing against Vader I believe people like to look at in the lowest possible light, and support Kyp Durron.

UCanShootMyNova
Kyp Durron, Emp? Noice.

Ursumeles
Dooku>Windu smile
Its sad that you didn't help Myth and me defending the Daughter against Ragnos, tho. sad :P

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Dooku>Windu smile
Its sad that you didn't help Myth and me defending the Daughter against Ragnos, tho. sad :P
Waited to do an Architecture project till the day before it was due. Was too busy to deal with retardation like that.

TheMuser
I Support the following:
Set Harth
Hetton
Zallow
Nyriss
Kun
Nadd

|King Joker|
Ahsoka, Luminara, Ventress, Barriss, the Inquisitors, Kanan, Vader

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Waited to do an Architecture project till the day before it was due. Was too busy to deal with retardation like that.
Yeah, I wouldn't habe matter, tbh...
Also, 4 Gjys seemingly in this Therad, who defend Kyp smile smile smile

Fated Xtasy
That's not really the point of debating.

If people are in the wrong, and you have a case to make, a solid one. Then you defend whatever character the opposing side is attacking lol.

Defending a single character is so silly to me.

Ursumeles
I think we(atleast I) mean with "defend Characters", Characters which we find quite underrated.

Jmanghan
X2, ALL of the Ancients, X1, Rahm Kota, Ahsoka Tano, and Galen Marek.

JKBart
I think you're shit if you take it up as a goal to elevate a specific character instead of just trying to get to the bottom of truth on SW itself

Jmanghan
Originally posted by JKBart
I think you're shit if you take it up as a goal to elevate a specific character instead of just trying to get to the bottom of truth on SW itself ...You can still wanna defend a character and also accept good arguments.

Azronger
I mostly defend a character I believe to be the superior combatant in the thread in question, although sometimes I specifically make cases against my favorites, so that if someone better than me makes arguments I had never heard before and beats me, I can then use those arguments when arguing for those characters in the future.

The only characters I actively "wank," though, are Sheev and Luke.

Ursumeles
@Azronger Yeah, you wank the two strongest non-entities then(maybe save for UnuThul. Also Taalon, but I would call him an entity).
Also, could I just call you Az? It is easier than write Azronger xD

Azronger
Sure

ILS
Whoever deserves to win the thread at hand, providing I know enough about them to comment.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ILS
Whoever deserves to win the thread at hand, providing I know enough about them to comment.

thumb up

Deronn_solo
Nope.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by ILS
Don't you do similar things, with Opress, Krayt and Maul?
QUOTE=15913483]Originally posted by Ursumeles
I think we(atleast I) mean with "defend Characters", Characters which we find quite underrated.
Not saying that you're overrating them, but you defend them often.
Also, I wouldn't say that Dooku is >Krayt, just because I usually defend him.

|King Joker|
Literally everyone defends certain characters, lmao @ people who are pretending they don't. Either way, even if you defend a character, it doesn't necessarily mean you're biased towards them, or ignore solid arguments against them.

Ursumeles
thumb up

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Literally everyone defends certain characters, lmao @ people who are pretending they don't. Either way, even if you defend a character, it doesn't necessarily mean you're biased towards them, or ignore solid arguments against them.

thumb up

Lmao @ this false sense of moral highground again.

Fated Xtasy

Well. I took this to mean a single character that you support above all others. Which is silly.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Well. I took this to mean a single character that you support above all others. Which is silly.

It's not silly. Defending a character =/= wanking.

Me for example defending Kenobi doesn't mean I would argue for him in a Kenobi vs DE Sidious thread, but dismissing bullshit like for example Hope Satele wrecking him in the Force. While on the other hand I wouldn't give a flying **** if someone would say Shan wrecks Kenth Hamner in the Force.

Ursumeles
...and than I would try to defend Hamner thumb up

Zenwolf
The GE(Legends) and Rebel Alliance(Legends) as a whole. I figured with all the stuff I've posted regular and blog wise, people would stop being ignorant. But apparently, they don't pay attention and think both are terrible for the dumbest reasons ever, despite evidence pointing the opposite.

This is mostly towards CV rather than here though.

Along with many Non-Force Users that aren't well known, though these don't come up all that often.

cs_zoltan
...and than I would try to defend Hamner thumb up

I don't defend characters I don't give a shit about.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It's not silly. Defending a character =/= wanking.

Me for example defending Kenobi doesn't mean I would argue for him in a Kenobi vs DE Sidious thread, but dismissing bullshit like for example Hope Satele wrecking him in the Force. While on the other hand I wouldn't give a flying **** if someone would say Shan wrecks Kenth Hamner in the Force.

Meh. I'm not saying I don't have favorites.

But whatevs

Ursumeles
I don't defend characters I don't give a shit about.
I said, that I defend him, not you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS

Also this.

DarthDuelist9
I mostly react on threads about Kylo Ren (and other ST members), Maul, Ezra, Malgus and Plo Koon

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Nope.

DC. You do this with Vader. :/

MythLord
Dooku, Anakin, Kyp, Shaak, Grievous, Asajj(to a degree, Kenobi(to a degree), Luke, Kam, Corran, Kyle, Mara, Saba, Lobi, Lucien and most minor characters.

Ursumeles
Yaddle, bruh.

DarthAnt66
Revan and Malak. Kenobi and Skywalker.

Ziggystardust
Literally everyone defends certain characters, lmao @ people who are pretending they don't.

thumb up

We are all guilty of this.

Ursumeles
Who R u?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Defending a single character is so silly to me. Originally posted by ILS
Whoever deserves to win the thread at hand, providing I know enough about them to comment. Let's make spite threads for Maul & Aurra. smile

Emperordmb
thumb up

Lmao @ this false sense of moral highground again.
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Fated Xtasy
Who R u?

A man of a dying breed, one of the great founders.

Nephthys
Just a banned troll who can't stay away.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Just a banned troll who can't stay away.

This too lol.

I thought a lot of the current users were Intrepid tho. Kinda surprised they ain't

Ursumeles
Lel.

Ursumeles
He cyberstalks intrepid, I suppose

ILS
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up thumb up thumb up Jesus, between all the b*tching and thumbs up this place is looking a little like Facebook

Beniboybling
Heh he.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
Jesus, between all the b*tching and thumbs up this place is looking a little like Facebook thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

chingchangwalla
Grievous
Fisto
Ventress
Dooku
Kun
Ulic

Ursumeles
Bump

Updated, possible in this rank:
Caedus
Jaina
Mara/Kenth/Yaddle
Dooku
Saba/Traya/Exile/Kyp
Corran/Sedriss

Also Sidious, Luke and Anakin, but those are high credited in this forum.

Balta Skywalker
Shaak Ti.
Zannah.

NewGuy01
Anakin/Vader, Obi-Wan, and Dooku primarily. Used to defend Krayt and Karness Muur and such a lot, but the need has passed for them.

SunRazer
You defended Dooku? Since when?

Deronn_solo
Kyp Durron, Darth Vader and Kyle Katarn.

SunRazer
Not Jerec, Deronn? Isn't that going to be a problem?

Deronn_solo
Don't worry Nova --- I consider myself one of the best freestyle debaters ever, hehe.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
You defended Dooku? Since when?

Always have, although I suppose I'm more vocal about it in private chats; here I'm too busy dealing with his fight with Anakin, where of course I'm working against him.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Always have, although I suppose I'm more vocal about it in private chats; here I'm too busy dealing with his fight with Anakin, where of course I'm working against him.

Here, you only wank Anakin and Krayt. Disgusting. mad

I don't care what you wank in private chats. If it's not public, it doesn't count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.