Is anyone else bored with Superhero movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jonathan E.
I find them all boring, anyone agree or disagree.

Inhuman
Just the badly made and sub par ones

carthage
I grew up watching the Xmen animated series, Spiderman TAS, Justice League, Batman TAS, and Superman. It's a dream come true seeing Marvel and FOX make films/shows of my favorite characters. So no if they're done properly and with great writing, characters, and acting I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing them on the big screen. As long as they're not done as terribly as the stuff done in the early 2000s, or as dissapointing as DCs stuff post-Nolan I have no problem shelling out my money for them.

Surtur
I feel the same, grew up watching the cartoons in the 90s..and especially the DCAU. I loved the DCAU, it's pretty much in my opinion the best comic related tv show/movie series. The shared universe really nailed it and the feeling of the comics.

So I'm not tired of it. I don't think I will ever be. I mean you might as well ask people if they are bored of the cliche action movies. Or bored of romantic comedies. These types of films are always around. Now that technology has advanced to the point super hero movies can be done properly..I don't ever expect them to go away.

Comics provide a treasure trove of stories and interesting characters. Also now because of the popularity of these movies..we are getting things we never would have gotten before. Like the upcoming "Legion" tv show. This is a pretty awesome character, but also very obscure when it comes to the general public. Yet now because of all the success of super hero films..we get that show.

It's the same reason we were able to get great shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Hell there is going to be a Defenders tv show. That's pretty awesome.

It also gets people into these stories that would have never been into them. My mother is 64 yrs. old and is now hooked on Daredevil and Jessica Jones. In fact she called me the other day asking when a new Marvel series would be out lol. She was happy to hear the Luke Cage show is coming soon.

Firefly218
No you're literally the only one

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Jonathan E.

Nope...

Not me atleast...

quanchi112
Marvel is fantastic. Disney marvel that is.

Kazenji
Nope, Not at all

unless of course some dud movie's get made.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Jonathan E.

Yup. I'm with you. They have the same boring, bland tone, even the ones trying to be 'different.' They range from entertaining to awful. The only truly great one to me is Guardians of the Galaxy because it truly does 'different' well, it's cut from a different mold. Other than that they are really not much more than excuses for fanboys to see their favorite heroes on the big screen.

That being said, Marvel has done a surprisingly good job maintaining some sort of quality throughout their films. They just have become too much of the same to me.

marwash22
nope. never.

what a dumb question.

are you tired of comedies, or dramas? how about horror movies, you tired of those?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Nope, Not at all

unless of course some dud movie's get made. Did you copy and paste this from a Reddit opinion ?

Kazenji
^ How's skype going?....have you broken your world record for how many young boys you've lured.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ How's skype going?....have you broken your world record for how many young boys you've lured. You bring up young boys a lot. You're sick. Get help, perv.

juggerman
Nope.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Inhuman
Just the badly made and sub par ones

This, basically. I've only seen two this year that I've reasonably enjoyed. The rest... Have their moments, but ultimately fail.

steverules_2
Originally posted by -Pr-
The rest... Have their moments, but ultimately fail.

The DC films???

0mega Spawn
Hell no i love watch superheros beat the hell out of everything.

The Nuul
yes, i am. i can't stand superheros movies anymore. the industry is oversaturated with them now and it won't get any better any time soon.

Dr Will Hatch
Nope. Bring em on for decades to come.

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2
The DC films???

And X-Men, which was more disappointing than either of them, and I had low expectations going in.

carthage
Apocalypse is better than anything in the DCEU barring Man of Steel.

Zack M
I liked Apocalypse more than MOS, but not more than SS.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carthage
Apocalypse is better than anything in the DCEU barring Man of Steel.

Disagree tbh, but such is life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.