Does the dark side have a will ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKnight
If the force or light side as it has been called has a will...

Does the dark side of the force have one ?

darthbane77
Probably

Fated Xtasy
Yes...because it's the force..?

NewGuy01
The Force isn't the light side, it's the Force.

TheKnight
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yes...because it's the force..?

Edit: forget what I said.

What I meant was does the dark side intervene on events ?

Darth Abonis
Yes. It desires destruction according to Lord Shadowspawn

Fated Xtasy
The Force is Balance, the Force is a combination of good and evil, it allows destruction and terror so that it can bring harmony to it at a later date.

It allows the light to win, only to bring evil into the world once more.

Much like the Seneschal of DD, the Force's titles are stuck in an infinite loop of repetition, and those that are "gifted" with the ability to actively draw on it are doomed to continue the cycle of Force.

TheKnight
Originally posted by Darth Abonis

Thanks.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The Force isn't the light side, it's the Force.

Thanks for the correction. I just remembered that.

UCanShootMyNova
I believe so, yes.

chingchangwalla
To corrupt and destroy.

relentless1
the Force is the Force; there is no dark or light side as far as the unseen entity is concerned (father and son/daughter be damned) its the people who use it that make it light or dark use.

but yes, its been said in many many of the novels that there is a will of the Force

Sinious
Yes, and its name is Palpatine. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Yes. Beni and Joker's PC pandering is its direct manifestation.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Yes. Beni and Joker's PC pandering is its direct manifestation.

http://i.imgur.com/ioNvSbN.gif

JKBart
Originally posted by Sinious
Yes, and its name is Palpatine. smile

*Vitiate smile

Ursumeles
Originally posted by JKBart
*Vitiate smile
*The Son

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
http://i.imgur.com/ioNvSbN.gif thumb up

TheKnight
Why do syn dislikes you and Joker Beni? laughing out loud

Revanchiste
Originally posted by TheKnight
If the force or light side as it has been called has a will...

Does the dark side of the force have one ?

Ho yeess yess
YYYYYYUUUUUS PEOPLE BEGIN TO BE INTERESTED BY THIS
Yess it have as kreia say the force have a will...
For the mlight side the will of the force is teh will of Ashla.
But ashla do have a rival :
Bogan.
There are many enity of the force, and many manifestation of the forces, the force will is shattered. In conflict with itself...

Who know Ashla and Bogan here???? Nah you facking morons you know only the son blablablabla..
Yhea I am the neardiest lore keeper here.

And yhea for the one that do watch Sw rebels Ashla is a name that do come often in rebels...

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Darth Abonis

Of facking course it desire destruction, from the mouth of a rhand sorcerer.
The Dark always desire destruction.

Revanchiste
Did anyone know about borgan and ashla nah?

Sinious
Originally posted by JKBart
*Vitiate smile maybe smile

Trocity
"Greetings, Master Yoda. The vehicle that delivered the Sith Lord to Naboo has been secured. It does not surprise me that the ship was designed to kill intruders, but given its contents, it seems strange that it did not self-destruct when its own failed to return ... That ship is alive with the dark side. Master Yoda, I can feel it clinging to my robes. And worse, it still tempts me, calling me back with promises of fantastic journeys to the far reaches of the galaxy."

There's many other examples of course, but it is quite clear the Dark Side has a will.

relentless1
Originally posted by Trocity
"Greetings, Master Yoda. The vehicle that delivered the Sith Lord to Naboo has been secured. It does not surprise me that the ship was designed to kill intruders, but given its contents, it seems strange that it did not self-destruct when its own failed to return ... That ship is alive with the dark side. Master Yoda, I can feel it clinging to my robes. And worse, it still tempts me, calling me back with promises of fantastic journeys to the far reaches of the galaxy."

There's many other examples of course, but it is quite clear the Dark Side has a will.

its hyperbole man, the jedi are rife with it

Trocity
Tiin's fluffy description aside, it's obvious the Dark Side tempts force-sensitives to tap into and use it, corrupting them, and showing quite clearly it has a will.

Sinious
That could very well be explained by their own inner darkness mashed with their Force-sensitivity resulting in a dark sider.

However, if I recall correctly, Sidious always felt secure due to dark side letting him know he'll be fine or something like that, or some quotes stating how Sidious has complete mastery over dark side and that he doesn't submit to dark side's will. Stuff like that is better example imo.

MythLord
The Dark Side has no will, it's just the subconscious of the Jedi wanting power.

relentless1
Originally posted by Trocity
Tiin's fluffy description aside, it's obvious the Dark Side tempts force-sensitives to tap into and use it, corrupting them, and showing quite clearly it has a will.

thats like saying anger or fear has its own will.. it doesnt, its just an emotion...its your will that tugs your actions in one direction or the other.

Geistalt
YES.

And when dark-siders "use" it, it takes advantage of them, as well.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Did anyone know about borgan and ashla nah?

yes

Darth Thor
Well Maul believes in the will of the Force. He says so to Pre-Vizsla.

So both Lightsiders and Darksiders believe in the will of the force, but I don't think they sub-divide that into the will of the dark side and the will of the light side.

relentless1
will of the Force is like somebody saying "the will of God" its just something they make up in order to explain things happening around them. Yoda saying that its the will of the Force killing somebody Anakin loves is what a christian fanatic would say about mass genocide or whatever

ares834
Except, in SW, the Force factually exists.

Sinious
lol thumb up

Geistalt
Originally posted by relentless1
will of the Force is like somebody saying "the will of God" its just something they make up in order to explain things happening around them. Yoda saying that its the will of the Force killing somebody Anakin loves is what a christian fanatic would say about mass genocide or whatever And now you realize the reason that Kreia so desperately sought to kill it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.