Thrawn's Combat Feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Thrawn is known for being a cunning strategist, and a master tactician.

But, what feats does he have in actual combat?

These can be with a blaster, melee weapon, or otherwise.

chingchangwalla
Does he have any...?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Does he have any...? Thats what I'm trying to figure out. xD

chingchangwalla
I wasn't asking you Jman :/

Jmanghan
I wasn't asking you Jman :/ Then who were you asking?

chingchangwalla
Anyone who sees this thread. I want to know if Thrawn was part gunslinger stick out tongue

quanchi112
So wait a minute this guy is a tactician only and he obviously fails with a galactic army. What a bum.

UCanShootMyNova
Anyone who sees this thread. I want to know if Thrawn was part gunslinger stick out tongue

You've read the Dark Tower?

Zenwolf
He's a fleet commander, not a ground combatant. He has a few personal feats, but they are more indirect with circumstances, than direct combat.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He's a fleet commander, not a ground combatant. He has a few personal feats, but they are more indirect with circumstances, than direct combat. So he never EVER engages in direct combat on-screen/on-panel?

Useless to use him in Jedi Academy then, thats why I made this thread.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jmanghan
So he never EVER engages in direct combat on-screen/on-panel?

Useless to use him in Jedi Academy then, thats why I made this thread.

Far as what I've looked up? No.

He at best killed 3 sentry troopers(with multiple grenades) and 1 Stormtrooper with factors working in his favor.

His mind is where his strength lies.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Thrawn is known for being a cunning strategist, and a master tactician.

But, what feats does he have in actual combat?

These can be with a blaster, melee weapon, or otherwise.

He is good at analyze deduction and is very crafty and very technical... He would make a great submarine commander. He have great attention to the details...
He also plan a lot, and he is over reliants on plans...

Yhea his apperance in JKA is very fanservice.

Revanchiste
Yhea alittle bit.... And he did survied on his own..... Alone on a savage planets.

Zenwolf
Speaking of Thrawn, always wanted to ask. But did he ever lose because of over planning something?

It seems like that would happen with him at some point. Granted I haven't really read much on Thrawn, so dunno if it has happened.

Total Warrior
as far as i know he never lost a single battle. In the end the alliance won only because he was murdered

Trocity
Originally posted by quanchi112
So wait a minute this guy is a tactician only and he obviously fails with a galactic army. What a bum.

Actually, his whole thing is outmaneuvering the New Republic with far less resources; namely, the Imperial Remant, the scattered remains of the Empire. No where near a "galactic army."

playa1258
Quan lowballing Thrawn already.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Actually, his whole thing is outmaneuvering the New Republic with far less resources; namely, the Imperial Remant, the scattered remains of the Empire. No where near a "galactic army." So in the noncanon Thrawn he was brilliant but given less resources. He worked for the empire and the empire was greatly superior military and resource wise when compared to the laughable rebels.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Quan lowballing Thrawn already. He sounds pathetic.

playa1258
He would destroy Khan in a fleet battle without question.

quanchi112
He would destroy Khan in a fleet battle without question. You are a biased poster and post these nonsensical emotional rants all the time. Khan killed the leader of Starfleet with no allies. Thrawn will look bad. Calling it now. smile

playa1258
Thrawn was killed by his own ally, only reason why he lost.

quanchi112
Thrawn was killed by his own ally, only reason why he lost. That isn't canon. So I guess the dope didn't see betrayal and didn't have their loyalty. That's very telling.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Speaking of Thrawn, always wanted to ask. But did he ever lose because of over planning something?

It seems like that would happen with him at some point. Granted I haven't really read much on Thrawn, so dunno if it has happened.

Yess one time he was counting on catching luke X-wing with a massive tractor beam, turn out that luke oriented his X-Wing in the direction of teh tractor beam and fired his proton torpedos.....

Thrawn have an over-reliance on tractor beam interdictors mining tools like plama cutter beam etc for boarding operation...

Unfortunatly the alliance did devlopped a lot of simple counter mesure to the tractor beam technology...

Thrawn was working on finding counter emsure to the last anti-tractor beam counter mesure just before he was assinated..

Poor thrawn so desperate to be able to use his tractor beam..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.