When did Obi Wan surpass Fisto?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
So it's made clear in the Cestus Deception which occurs several months after AotC that Fisto is Obi Wan's all around superior. At what point in the Clone Wars does Obi Wan surpass Fisto?

chingchangwalla
Late TCW, ROTS.

Kurk
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Late TCW, ROTS. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
How late in TCW?

Darth Abonis
Around the time when he re-faced Maul and Savage; in canon

MythLord
Late TCW, ROTS.

Deronn_solo
He prolly never did. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
He prolly never did. smile https://media1.giphy.com/media/pHB2cl3wCGlKU/giphy.gif

Fated Xtasy
When he lost the mullet

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
He prolly never did. smile
Where were you when I had them on par confused

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
When he lost the mullet
Yeah prolly around then.

Jmanghan
Where were you when I had them on par confused You and DC are gross, mate.

Jmanghan
He surpassed Fisto at the end of AOTC.

chingchangwalla
So Fisto pwning Grievous and Kenobi stalemating him throughout TCW isn't a clear enough indication that Kit was still ahead of Obi, Jman?

Jmanghan
So Fisto pwning Grievous and Kenobi stalemating him throughout TCW isn't a clear enough indication that Kit was still ahead of Obi, Jman? No, TCW Grievous sucks, and Filoni said that he nerfed Grievous in TCW.

He straight up said that Grievous shouldn't be able to beat Force Sensitives.

chingchangwalla
Yes but TCW Grievous sucking makes little difference. Kit pwned, Kenobi stalemated.

cs_zoltan
It was a weakened Grievous anyway.

chingchangwalla
And here's Zoltan stepping up to defend beloved Obi-Wan?

Ursumeles
Yes but TCW Grievous sucking makes little difference. Kit pwned, Kenobi stalemated.
Canon=/=Legends

chingchangwalla
It was in fcking TCW, Kit's fight and Kenobi's fights. Ffs

Jmanghan
Yes but TCW Grievous sucking makes little difference. Kit pwned, Kenobi stalemated. It does make a difference when the guy who made the ****ing show admits to purposely making him LESS of a challenge.

Why do you think no one takes TCW Grievous low showings seriously?

Its for that very reason.

cs_zoltan
And here's Zoltan stepping up to defend beloved Obi-Wan?

Well it's a fact that Grievous wasn't fully charged when Kit fought him. Considering the only reason he can hang in there with Force users is because of his impressive cybernetics that's quite a blow to his effectiveness.

Do you also think Kit >>> SoD Maul?

NewGuy01
Early-mid CW.

chingchangwalla
So you're saying against the same shit robot, the guy who stalemates and the guy who wins just doesn't matter? It's all the same?
Everything should be disregarded?

chingchangwalla
And this 'fully charged' Grievous thing is just a handy excuse.

cs_zoltan
Well you seem to disregard everything alright. Like circumstances and how retarded your ABC logic is.

cs_zoltan
The Great chingchangwalla has spoken! Kit Fisto > Amped SoD Maul.

thumb up

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Well it's a fact that Grievous wasn't fully charged when Kit fought him. Considering the only reason he can hang in there with Force users is because of his impressive cybernetics that's quite a blow to his effectiveness.

Do you also think Kit >>> SoD Maul?
No. The comic made Grievous badass again, where he should be. So you reckon Eeth Koth > Fisto, Zoltan? Because fully charged Grievous got smoked by someone far less skilful than Fisto.

cs_zoltan
God, it's almost as if TCW is inconsistent mmm

chingchangwalla
So now blaming it on inconsistencies? If so, everything can just be countered with that.

cs_zoltan
Yes, I'm blaming inconsistency. Still better than thinking Fist, Koth > Maul.

Beniboybling
When did Koth "smoke" Grievous? Lol.

chingchangwalla
'almost'
He force pushed into a window, went in for the kill against a defenceless Grievous and Magnagaurds intervened.

Jmanghan
For the record, I do think Fisto is capable of beating Grievous, but I don't think he'd find it nearly as easy as in TCW.

Beniboybling
'almost'
He force pushed into a window, went in for the kill against a defenceless Grievous and Magnagaurds intervened. Anyone can Force push Grievous lol, but he was getting trashed in sabers.

Jmanghan
Grievous is too inconsistent in TCW to actually take seriously.

I think ChingChang really wants Grievous to be weak, and he's upset that he isn't.

Beniboybling
Lmao you're the most retarded person here I'm afraid. Fisto doing better against Grievous than Kenobi within the same medium is a valid argument, and "hurr durr Grievous is inconsistent" is a shit-tier response. Try harder.

On the other hand seems to me that you are the one shedding salty tears by making this about how lame Grievous is in Canon. Kek.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Lmao you're the most retarded person here I'm afraid. Fisto doing better against Grievous than Kenobi within the same medium is a valid argument, and "hurr durr Grievous is inconsistent" is a shit-tier response. Try harder.

On the other hand seems to me that you are the one shedding salty tears by making this about how lame Grievous is in Canon. Kek. I'm using the fact that Filoni has admitted that he made Grievous weaker.

Which, whether you like it or not, HAS to be taken into consideration, seeing as every other source portrays him as an awesome Jedi-Killing bad-ass who can make 3-4 seasoned masters look like a complete joke. While, in the show, he always has to use something other then his own skill to kill anything above a Padawan, and even thats being generous.

Grievous not being fully-charged is a valid argument thats already been made considering Grievous' state as of his duel with Fisto.

Beniboybling
So? It's the same Grievous. Filoni's Grievous. Your argument would only make sense if we were comparing say Fisto's performance against Grievous in TCW with Shaak Ti's performance against Grievous is OCW.

And yeah, its also the only valid argument. But I'd like to see the quote tbh.

Jmanghan

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. Forgot how much of a retard Filoni is. That being said you need to understand that Grievous had been injured beforehand when facing Fisto and that that Fisto's form was effective for combating Grievous's multiple blades.

As for Eeth Koth he gained the edge over Grievous with the Force, not in sabers, which means his lightsaber skill didn't have much to do with his effectiveness against Grievous.

And him performing better later on? I don't know, it's not like Grievous could have improved as the Clone Wars went on? Oh wait...

cs_zoltan

On the other hand seems to me that you are the one shedding salty tears by making this about how lame Grievous is in Canon. Kek.

So you have Fisto above amped Maul as well? Nice to know.

Beniboybling
Why? Because they fought for all of two seconds? Regardless I assume he improved.

Nephthys
Grievous not being fully charged is more than enough to explain away the fight and lower Kit's stock. The comparison doesn't stand, in that case.

cs_zoltan
More like 4 pages, which is comparable to Fisto's 1 minute duel.

Also going from sub-Fisto to Maul++ within a year or 2 for a cyborg? Lmao.

Beniboybling
Still not seeing where Grievous is stated not to be "fully charged" tbh.

And lol @ Grievous being Maul++. Nor was it 4 pages, more like 1 and a half.

Jmanghan
Still not seeing where Grievous is stated not to be "fully charged" tbh.

And lol @ Grievous being Maul++. Nor was it 4 pages, more like 1 and a half. I think it was either Grievous, or Grievous' droid caretaker that said he needed to be recharged or something.

Beniboybling
He says that "In your condition you need your rest." ...but he's a robot man. confused

Jmanghan
He says that "In your condition you need your rest." ...but he's a robot man. Exactly, so what does that translate to?

Being recharged.

Although, Grievous does still have internal organs.

cs_zoltan
They fought equally for roughly 40second on a Dark Side nexus. By the logic applied in this thread that's the be all and end all proof of someone's relative position to another.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Exactly, so what does that translate to?

Being recharged.

Although, Grievous does still have internal organs. In a metaphorical sense yes lol, not literally in terms of Grievous being plugged in (where?) to a power pack.

More likely it refers to what ever level of physical fatigue Grievous is capable of feeling induced by the pain of the operation.

Jmanghan
In a metaphorical sense yes lol, not literally in terms of Grievous being plugged in (where?) to a power pack.

More likely it refers to what ever level of physical fatigue Grievous is capable of feeling induced by the pain of the operation. We don't see it, because Grievous chooses NOT to rest, despite the operation.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah prolly around then.

This guy knows Whats up. thumb up

Beniboybling
We don't see it, because Grievous chooses NOT to rest, despite the operation. See what? The plug in his back? I think we would have spotted that by now. mmm

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
They fought equally for roughly 40second on a Dark Side nexus. By the logic applied in this thread that's the be all and end all proof of someone's relative position to another. 40 seconds? How did you figure that lol.

Jmanghan
See what? The plug in his back? I think we would have spotted that by now. mmm The power pack or recharge station.

Whatever the ****.

Its still implied that he needed some form of recovery, based on the urgency of his caretaker's voice, but he wasn't able to get it before taking on Fisto.

UCanShootMyNova
Jman's right here Beni.

Beniboybling
This thing regarding Grievous needing to "recharge" is bullshit yeah, but evidently he was suffering some form of physical fatigue. However as a robot man I don't see that effecting him very much, and he didn't really seem to care.

UCanShootMyNova
He ignored the advice of his droid and his "not caring" didn't stop him from being defeated by Fisto.

Beniboybling
He also seemed fine, which is more to the point.

JKBart
Beni
beniz
peniz
penis

Beni change nickname plz

ontopic: early TCW, somewhere around TCW's 3rd season

UCanShootMyNova
He also seemed fine, which is more to the point.

What he seemed to be and what his medi droid stated he was are two different things.

Jmanghan
He also seemed fine, which is more to the point. I'm sure his droid caretaker knows better if Grievous is ok then Grievous does.

Besides, Grievous is headstrong and cocky, even against the best opponents.

Beniboybling
Meh, and doctor's are always overcautious, at least on TV. On the other hand my point was that Grievous does not move or speak as someone fatigued. So I have difficulty believing his ailments were considerable.

Ziggystardust
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/10/15/2F3C5EE000000578-3354564-image-m-73_1449762278463.jpg

Emperordmb
Meh, and doctor's are always overcautious, at least on TV. On the other hand my point was that Grievous does not move or speak as someone fatigued. So I have difficulty believing his ailments were considerable.
So what?

People in Movies, TCW, and Rebels don't "move or speak" as if they're more or less powerful on a nexus, yet people always throw that around like it's the most important factor ever.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by JKBart
Beni
beniz
peniz
penis

Beni change nickname plzlawls

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So what?

People in Movies, TCW, and Rebels don't "move or speak" as if they're more or less powerful on a nexus, yet people always throw that around like it's the most important factor ever. That's kind of hard to do don't think think? What do you expect "ragrgh so pooowerful"?!

That said on Dathomir it is noted that they are in the "heart of Mother Talzin's power".

Weakness is a lot easier to telegraph though. For example when Grievous is fighting Eeth Koth it's made clear he's hindered by the injury from him clutching his arm. Especially for a kid's show they tend to broadcast this shit loudly. And when they don't, it tends to be because it doesn't really matter.

Emperordmb
That's kind of hard to do don't think think? What do you expect "ragrgh so pooowerful"?!

That said on Dathomir it is noted that they are in the "heart of Mother Talzin's power".

Weakness is a lot easier to telegraph though. For example in Grievous is fighting Eeth Koth, its made clear he's hindered by the injury from him clutching his arm. Especially for a kid's show they tend to broadcast this shit loudly. And when they don't, it tends to be because it doesn't really matter.
So why not "telegraph weakness" for the Jedi on Malachor?

And regardless, Grievous is still capable of fighting a member of the Jedi council regardless of whether or not he's able to fight at peak capacity. So what? You expect someone with that much fighting ability left to start staggering around or something?

Beniboybling
Arguably them doing shitty against the Inquisitors did just that. thumb up

However frankly we don't have much if any information on the particulars.Originally posted by Emperordmb
And regardless, Grievous is still capable of fighting a member of the Jedi council regardless of whether or not he's able to fight at peak capacity. So what? You expect someone with that much fighting ability left to start staggering around or something? We don't know what Grievous is capable of doing while not at peak capacity, or how considerable Grievous' fatigue was. But no, considering that Grievous is 1. a robot man 2. shows zero signs of physical fatigue, I can only conclude it was not that big a deal.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Early-mid CW.

Jmanghan
Arguably them doing shitty against the Inquisitors did just that. thumb up

However frankly we don't have much if any information on the particulars.We don't know what Grievous is capable of doing while not at peak capacity, or how considerable Grievous' fatigue was. But no, considering that Grievous is 1. a robot man 2. shows zero signs of physical fatigue, I can only conclude it was not that big a deal. Mattered enough that his droid caretaker told him that he NEEDED rest, while there were intruders in his home.

Beniboybling
The same droid caretaker who locked himself in a room with Fisto, yeah not convinced critical thinking is his strong suit.

Jmanghan
The same droid caretaker who locked himself in a room with Fisto, yeah not convinced critical thinking is his strong suit. He didn't know Fisto was in there.

Fisto just showed up.

DarthAnt66
The same droid caretaker who locked himself in a room with Fisto, yeah not convinced critical thinking is his strong suit.
Possibly your worst rebuttal of the last three months.

Beniboybling
He didn't know Fisto was in there.

Fisto just showed up. He saw Fisto enter, and then forgot about him. Lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.