OCW Duels vs TCW Duels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says.

Which has the better duels, and overall fights.

I think Dooku vs Grievous is one of the most visually appealing fights in the mythos.

DarthAnt66
Besides the Palp vs Maul/Opress fight, OCW by far.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Besides the Palp vs Maul/Opress fight, OCW by far. Agreed.

UCanShootMyNova
Ant's on the money.

Trocity
thumb up

SunRazer
OCW, yeah.

chingchangwalla
OCW is how TCW should've stayed. Everyone in TCW was so underpowered and I feel like OCW truly shows how skilful Kenobi, Grievous, Windu and co really are.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Besides the Palp vs Maul/Opress fight, OCW by far.
I like you every day more.

chingchangwalla
Palps vs Bloodlusted Maul = Best fight in SW. I don't care if Sheev was holding back, I get goosebumps when I see that darksaber smile

Beniboybling
Stylistically I can see why one might make a case for OCW, however TCW's added third dimension gives them literally more depth for me. Layer that on top of score, voice acting, emotional resonance, animation quality and backdrop, and TCW wins handedly.

SunRazer
Those things only excel in a small fraction of TCW fights. Most of them are pretty terrible, lol. On average, OCW is easily better.

Ursumeles
Alone the Grievous fights, and Ventress vs Anakin are in OCW so much better than in TCW.

SunRazer
OCW doesn't also have a habit of ruining characters with their depictions in battle. Another point in its favor.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
Those things only excel in a small fraction of TCW fights. Most of them are pretty terrible, lol. On average, OCW is easily better. I disagree, from Season 3 onwards the quality was consistent. And even the earlier duels beat OCW in terms quality of animation. Regardless, the question is which has the better duels, and it's TCW.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I disagree, from Season 3 onwards the quality was consistent. And even the earlier duels beat OCW in terms quality of animation. Regardless, the question is which has the better duels, and it's TCW.

I'm pretty sure he means which is better on average. The OCW ones are generally more memorable. But it's up to each person.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
OCW doesn't also have a habit of ruining characters with their depictions in battle. Another point in its favor.
thumb up

Jmanghan
watch?v=qMODZBD3Bic

watch?v=Xy_Po12VyZw

watch?v=WhYSP5XqFUE

watch?v=HbBKHB1Sffg

Yeah, I think OCW wins by miles.

Jmanghan
And this is one of my favorite scenes from the mythos:

watch?v=Muvxl-ZS3bU

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Jmanghan
watch?v=qMODZBD3Bic

watch?v=Xy_Po12VyZw

watch?v=WhYSP5XqFUE

watch?v=HbBKHB1Sffg

Yeah, I think OCW wins by miles. watch?v=yyiDDQYPUIs

watch?v=IqEtXVh8UOo

watch?v=DOZ4SpuOmH4

watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o

watch?v=nE1Cv7lM0YA

watch?v=OcXaicGvcvA

watch?v=ctN5s8z3E8E

watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

Hardly. hmph

ares834
OCW. No contest. Anakin vs Ventress is probably the best duel not in the films.

Beniboybling
Out of interest, I'd like to see why people think the OCW duels are so great.

The_Tempest
TCW.

Sidious/Maul/Opress is bae.

But even that aside, they had tons of exquisitely crafted and animated battles.

Darth Thor
Yeah even the Maul vs Vizsla in the prior episode was great.

The Maul/Opress vs Obi-Wan/Ventress was fantastic.

McP
Technically, TCW, no constest. More similar to the movies etc.

Anyway, it's hard to accept, that we have to see Anakin vs Dooku and Ventress and Obi-Wan vs Grievous, Ventress and Maul all the time.

There was a lot of potential in TCW, that they lost:
- Mace vs Dooku
- Mace vs Grievous
- Mace vs Maul
- Dooku vs Maul
- Anakin vs Maul
- Maul vs Grievous
- Minor Jedi like Kit or Agen or Shaak vs either Ventress, Grievous, Opress, Maul, Dooku... according to how great Fisto's and Grievous' duel was.
Perhaps some sparring matches between Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan or Yoda.

UCanShootMyNova
Atmosphere.

Jmanghan
I feel like OCW fightss have more weight to them.

Some of the scenes in OCW were ****ing incredible, like straight up masterpieces as far as cartoons go in general, or even TV.

Asajj Ventress vs Anakin was a fight that, tbh, hasn't been matched to this day.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by The_Tempest

Sidious/Maul/Opress is bae.

Hmmm.

ps. Kenobi did it better.
yep

Trocity
Originally posted by ares834
Anakin vs Ventress is probably the best duel not in the films.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.