Why did Kenobi save Dooku in TCW?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Remember this episode?
https://41.media.tumblr.com/95272642a1fc0a8a87d628c5bf23cbab/tumblr_o5rdmw5uwP1vndh2vo1_500.png

While Anakin is holding on to the top of a wall with Kenobi and Dooku dangling beneath him, Dooku's restraints are broken and he falls only to be caught by Kenobi. Why is this?

DarthAnt66
Uh, because he's a Jedi? erm

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Um, but Dooku's a sith who has killed other jedi and innocents and caused a great deal of pain and damage to the Republic?

DarthAnt66
And? Hell, Yoda even still offered Dooku to come back to the Order.

They wouldn't kill an unarmed opponent, regardless of circumstance.

chingchangwalla
They admitted their inferiority.

UCanShootMyNova
Kenobi says he would have sacrificed Yoda to end the war. It's simply another TCW inconsistency.

Kurk
And? Hell, Yoda even still offered Dooku to come back to the Order.

They wouldn't kill an unarmed opponent, regardless of circumstance. But they weren't going to kill him. It just happened. Kenobi went out of his way to save him.

|King Joker|
Yeah, Kenobi was being ridiculously retarded.

SunRazer
It's TCW, lmao.

And this is hardly the only thing you can complain about with this episode/arc.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's TCW, lmao.

And this is hardly the only thing you can complain about with this episode/arc.
thumb up

chingchangwalla
Still better than Rebels. Carnage of Krell, The Lawless and the late Ahsoka episodes all go towards making up for those pointless retcons and underpowering Dooku/Grievous/Ventress

SunRazer
It really doesn't make up for things etched into people's minds like Grievous vs Gungans, lol.

chingchangwalla
Yeah ****. That's something I'll never get over.

Kurk
It is (was) a childrens' show. You have to teach them that underdogs can win at life (grievous v gungans) smile.

I think Kenobi has a personal affection for Dooku; that's why he saved him being a grandfatherly figure to him and Qui Gon's master.

cs_zoltan
Don't remember the exact circumstances, but Dooku wouldn't die from a fall, so not saving him would only result in Dooku escaping.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Kurk
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Don't remember the exact circumstances, but Dooku wouldn't die from a fall, so not saving him would only result in Dooku escaping.
He cried out in fear when his restraints broke. Plus all three were trying to escape together in first place, so I don't understand what Kenobi was planning to do once they got out.

I don't think Dooku was bluffing when he said, "I would kill you both right now if I did not have to drag your bodies".

FreshestSlice
Jedi have survived bigger falls in TCW, so why would they expect Dooku to die?

Darth Abonis
I think they wanted to take Dooku alive and make sure the war ended.

Kurk
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Jedi have survived bigger falls in TCW, so why would they expect Dooku to die?
That just makes it look even worse for Kenobi if he saved him knowing that he wouldn't die. Seems to me like he wanted to prevent Dooku from being captured again. Even when Anakin struggled with the weight and told him to drop him, he didn't. Stupendous Wave's video about Kenobi being Dooku's ally is a lot more feasible now...

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I think they wanted to take Dooku alive and make sure the war ended.
Again, that doesn't make sense. What were they going to do with him without their sabers? Dooku could certainly kill them if he pleased and Kenobi and Anakin didn't have any reinforcements on the other side.

MythLord
If they let him fall, he'd survive and walk off. thumb up

TheKnight
If Aotc Anakin can survive falling through great heights, Dooku can.

Kurk
Originally posted by MythLord
If they let him fall, he'd survive and walk off. thumb up
no, he'd be captured by pirates. They were trying to clear the perimeter wall and multiple people were shooting at them from the behind. Anakin wanted to drop him but Kenobi didn't.

MythLord
Survive, choke the pirates, then walk off. (Assuming TCW actually becomes consistent)

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Kurk
It is (was) a childrens' show. Well there's your problem right there.

relentless1
give your head a shake, Kenobis a Jedi, the only way he would kill Dooku is in combat fair and square

Kurk
Originally posted by relentless1
give your head a shake, Kenobis a Jedi, the only way he would kill Dooku is in combat fair and square Again, it's not like Kenobi cut Dooku loose from him; he went out of his way to save him when his link broke from a stray blaster bolt.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by relentless1
give your head a shake, Kenobis a Jedi, the only way he would kill Dooku is in combat fair and square
Didn't stop him cheapshotting Maul and shooting Grievous lel

Kurk
Kenobi has a secret affection for Dooku...

JKBart
Truth be told, Dooku held real respect for Kenobi because of the latter being the true elegant Jedi and considered him one of the last of the real Jedi. He even felt sad about the perspective of killing him in RotS novelization. Not much of course, but for a sadistic freak Dooku was, that's still something to behold.

And as well, while ironically, Obi-Wan also acted gentlemanly towards Dooku. The dynamic between the two resembles Sherlock&Moriarty from some works, lel. The gentlemen rivalry with no quarter given either way.

chingchangwalla
^ No one could have said it better.

Jmanghan

Trocity
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Didn't stop him cheapshotting Maul and shooting Grievous lel

Both of those took place during combat, and so were "fair and square."

How exactly did Kenobi cheapshot Maul, again?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.