Jacen Solo deflecting Turbolasers - Myth or Truth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
Let's discuss this and try to get to the bottom of it.

Did it happen?

DarthAnt66
He never performed it on-text, but he apparently did it as per Jaina.

Ziggystardust
So my impression is that Jaina doesn't know what Turbolasers are, making her the more auspicious version of Kham Vel when it comes to interpretations.

Ziggystardust
Unless Jaina is referring to something different. Some other occasion that we don't know about.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
So my impression is that Jaina doesn't know what Turbolasers are, making her the more auspicious version of Kham Vel when it comes to interpretations.
LMFAO.
Wollf proved, why it very well could be Turbolasers.

DarthAnt66
It wasn't.

Ziggystardust
Wollf actually disproved his own point in that thread.

Ursumeles
K' then, but he imo made a argument, for it maybe being turbolasers.
Also, lol @Jaina not knowing what Turbolasers are.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Ursumeles
K' then, but he imo made a argument, for it maybe being turbolasers.

He didn't, and you drawing attentions to his failures won't be helping his campaign. So on Wolff's behalf, I ask that you mask his blemishes rather then shine a bellyacher beacon upon them.

It's either that, or she's using the term casually.

Beniboybling
It would be nice to see some actual arguments rather than just bitchin'. mmm

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He never performed it on-text, but he apparently did it as per Jaina.
Do you have a quote?

Ziggystardust
@ Beni, Then perhaps you an get the ball rolling.

Beniboybling
I'm not familiar with the scene tbh, but I've heard it said they were not capital ship class vessels.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
So my impression is that Jaina doesn't know what Turbolasers are, making her the more auspicious version of Kham Vel when it comes to interpretations. Why is Khem Val not trustworthy?

MS Warehouse
Good question

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why is Khem Val not trustworthy?

To be honest, I have no reason to believe he's not.

MS Warehouse
He was basically hord's second in command. I'm not sure why he would make things up.

Jmanghan
Its funny how people back up others, but only if they've seen the feat themselves.

Until you can outright prove a character is spewing BS, its better to assume they're telling the truth.

Nephthys
It's probably just a mistake on the case of the author. The feat most resembling Jaina's assertion has been debunked as not including turbolasers and I'm not aware of another situation she could be talking about where she see's him doing that. Whoever wrote it likely read the first thing and misinterpreted it.

MythLord
Not turboblasters, per se, but still damn impressive cannon fire yes.

Ursumeles
Wait! "Myth or Truth" "MythLord"
OMG!

Ziggystardust
**** off.

SunRazer
This is a quote from Bloodlines by Karen Traviss, yes? If so, it could be a reference to some obscure comic or short story.

DarthAnt66
No such work exists. I've read through all his comic showings and short stories before.

MythLord
Maybe it is referring to an off-panel situation... in any case, the newer source then retcons the old one, so Jacen deflected turboblasters smile

Selenial
'Fraid not.

"Turbolaser" is an umbrella term for large canons in Star Wars. They do have a size that they should be, power levels etc, but they're not consistent. Several sources place small canons in the realm of "Turbolasers", there's probably several cases of it in the NJO series too if one would bother to look.

The actual feat we know of was deflection canon fire from a small and relatively weak vessel, and while Jaina may be referring to another event, it's literally impossible to judge the power he was deflecting because the size of the ship, length of engagement and several other factors can change how much power a Turbolaser pumps out.

Best to stick with what we know. It's not like this feat should significantly bump him up in force power, we've seen more impressive things from him.

MythLord
Eh, I guess. : Shrug :
Still a decent feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.