Greatest upsets in comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Where a C lister/underpowered character who isn't Batman puts down someone wayyy above their weight class. Power level matters less here then "pecking order"..

I'm thinking the Rock of Ages story is up there, when future Roy Harper and Atom fry Darkseid's brain with a laser.

Also, in For the Man Who Has Everything, it was JASON TODD (When he was still a lame Dick Grayson clone) who defeated PC Superman stomping Mongul, by throwing the Black Mercy plant at him.

LordofBrooklyn
Sleeping gas VS Savage Hulk

A Snake VS Savage Hulk

riv6672
Hawkeye putting an end to the JLA/Avengers problem with one well placed exploding arrow.

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/04/hawkeyeeggbeater-133934.jpg

"Id"
Magneto crushing Stryfe.

deathslash
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

A Snake VS Savage Hulk gas station explosion vs superman
Aquaman vs superman
Wonder woman vs superman
The kitchen vs superman

ghostman
Originally posted by deathslash
gas station explosion vs superman
Aquaman vs superman
Wonder woman vs superman
The kitchen vs superman

arent you the invincible fanboy i used to roast?

golem370
Deer owing Wolverine

JayDaDon
Originally posted by "Id"
Magneto crushing Stryfe.

Isn't that fair since Stryfe is covered in metal armor?

JayDaDon
How bout Havok and Sunfire stopping Celestial powered Kang?

deathslash
Originally posted by ghostman
arent you the invincible fanboy i used to roast? "used to"? Don't you mean tried to? Nothing that you said ever rattled me and only about half of what you said was true and galan and I still ended up winning that debate.

ghostman
"used to"? Don't you mean tried to? Nothing that you said ever rattled me and only about half of what you said was true and galan and I still ended up winning that debate.

lol i had you so salty you changed your avy and sig laughing laughing laughing

marky mark a high herald laughing laughing ahh that was a riot.

riv6672
"Who gets greatly upset about comics".
I totally misread the thread title.

dynamix
Now I don't know the full context of the battle but Dormamu head locking Eternity. Like...uhhhh...WTF?!

"Id"
Batman bat-kicking the shit out off .

deathslash

marky mark a high herald laughing laughing ahh that was a riot. laughing laughing laughing had me change my avatar and sig? Newsflash buddy, I practically change my avatar and sig on a bimonthly basis. It just so happens that Sanguinius is my favorite fictional character this month.

Genii96
Originally posted by JayDaDon
How bout Havok and Sunfire stopping Celestial powered Kang?

Iirc they were. Celestial empowered too

tkitna
She-Hulk beating Champion

Not the greatest upset, but probably the worst writing

Rao Kal El

A Snake VS Savage Hulk

That is pretty standard in Hulk canon comics actually

LordofBrooklyn
gas station explosion vs superman
Aquaman vs superman
Wonder woman vs superman
The kitchen vs superman

YOU HAVE 48HRS TO APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!!!........

OR ELSE!!!!!

golem370
Firelord losing to Spider-Man.

-Pr-
Guys, stay on topic please.

Supermutant
The NYPD vs Thanos. They must have thought he was black.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111244676/4782642-3833632-2njhy4k.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
Doc Samson VS Hulk

Sin I AM
arent you the invincible fanboy i used to roast? Originally posted by deathslash
"used to"? Don't you mean tried to? Nothing that you said ever rattled me and only about half of what you said was true and galan and I still ended up winning that debate. Originally posted by ghostman

marky mark a high herald laughing laughing ahh that was a riot. Originally posted by deathslash
laughing laughing laughing had me change my avatar and sig? Newsflash buddy, I practically change my avatar and sig on a bimonthly basis. It just so happens that Sanguinius is my favorite fictional character this month.

Soooo much sexual tension in this exchange. You two queers are making me moist.

on topic Slade in IC

wuleecat
Deathstroke taking down the JLA is about the biggest upset in comic-book history. It's also simultaneously the most ridiculous load of PIS spaz-crud to ever get thought up in the fever-dream of some writer's imagination.

Badabing
Batman bat-kicking the shit out off . That is in no way an upset. It's a universal constant. sneer

krisblaze
Definitely WWH beating/stalemating the Sentry.

At the time I remember everybody thinking that the Sentry was easily Trans/Skyfather, and he hadn't suffered a lot of low showings yet.

Magneto vs Proteus also surprised me.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
Definitely WWH beating/stalemating the Sentry.

At the time I remember everybody thinking that the Sentry was easily Trans/Skyfather, and he hadn't suffered a lot of low showings yet.

Magneto vs Proteus also surprised me.

Pak said Sentry was equal to Galactus during the time he wrote WWH. That just tells you how powerful Pak intended Hulk to be. Remember, he said Odin Force Thor would've died facing Hulk.

carver9
Doc Samson VS Hulk

Batman vs Sun Amped Superman.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
Pak said Sentry was equal to Galactus during the time he wrote WWH. That just tells you how powerful Pak intended Hulk to be. Remember, he said Odin Force Thor would've died facing Hulk. Yet Hulk didnt kill any hero he faced shows you how much a guy that has never written a Thor story knows about Thor the ignorant stay ignorant erm. Jesus vs Negan and crew laughing

-Pr-
Originally posted by wuleecat
Deathstroke taking down the JLA is about the biggest upset in comic-book history. It's also simultaneously the most ridiculous load of PIS spaz-crud to ever get thought up in the fever-dream of some writer's imagination.

Eh, tbh if you took out the Flash, the rest of that scene really isn't that bad.

Even Kyle had his lows before that book.

Pak said Sentry was equal to Galactus during the time he wrote WWH. That just tells you how powerful Pak intended Hulk to be. Remember, he said Odin Force Thor would've died facing Hulk.

dat abc logic.

LordofBrooklyn
Batman vs Sun Amped Superman.

LIES!!!

iceman24567
Greg Pak is just a terrible person

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by iceman24567
Greg Pak is just a terrible person

Carver is Pak!

iceman24567
Carver is Pak! Pretty sure Pak is the biggest Hulk fanboy ever so you could be right

tkitna

I would take that with a grain of salt since Pak had to explain his intentions due to the story being so horrid.

iceman24567
Originally posted by tkitna
I would take that with a grain of salt since Pak had to explain his intentions due to the story being so horrid. thumb up laughing

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yet Hulk didnt kill any hero he faced shows you how much a guy that has never written a Thor story knows about Thor the ignorant stay ignorant erm. Jesus vs Negan and crew laughing

True, he was just answering an interview question about Odin Force Thor vs WWH. Also, what comic book reader doesn't know about Thor? I'm sure Pak is well versed on the character.

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
I would take that with a grain of salt since Pak had to explain his intentions due to the story being so horrid.

The story sold pretty good though and I'm not taking it with a grain of salt since I'm one of those people that think an all out Sentry is just that powerful.

krisblaze
Well, in the What-If where Thor returned in time for WWH he easily killed the Sentry.

So I would rate that a bit higher on the scale smile

The scale of shit that holds no value on KMC. Witer interviews, what ifs, etc

carver9
Well, in the What-If where Thor returned in time for WWH he easily killed the Sentry.

So I would rate that a bit higher on the scale smile

The scale of shit that holds no value on KMC. Witer interviews, what ifs, etc

Lol...you would hold that higher than writers intention? Lol, I am going to remember that.

I don't doubt Pak words at all. Anyways, this thread isn't about Hulk so let's move on.

krisblaze
Writers intention?

Another writer's intention was Thor would've killed the Sentry.

And that was an intent that made print. Unlike the ideas espoused in Pak's interview thumb up

Inedian
Magneto crushing Stryfe.

When did that happen?

Magneto vs. Proteus

carver9
Writers intention?

Another writer's intention was Thor would've killed the Sentry.

And that was an intent that made print. Unlike the ideas espoused in Pak's interview thumb up

Do you have that interview saying Thor would've killed Sentry? Especially with Sentry not giving in like he did. Also, Green Scar did treat Thor like fodder in HOTM. That made print as well. You can have the last word though.

smile

tkitna
The story sold pretty good though and I'm not taking it with a grain of salt since I'm one of those people that think an all out Sentry is just that powerful.

What does it matter how powerful an all out Sentry is when he's written to be a retard? As bad as the Sentry was, the Zom/Strange portion was probably worse. Whatever though, we're not here to rehash that story. If you liked it fine. I thought it was poorly done.

iceman24567
True, he was just answering an interview question about Odin Force Thor vs WWH. Also, what comic book reader doesn't know about Thor? I'm sure Pak is well versed on the character. He obviously wasnt well versed since he thought Hulk would have killed him the proof is in the pudding no expression

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Eh, tbh if you took out the Flash, the rest of that scene really isn't that bad.

Even Kyle had his lows before that book.

dat abc logic.

Yea kyle and flash were by far the worst. I could tolerate the others getting owned. Even Z...because she still has human level reactions.

Anyway. A telepath losing to anyone without tp, fl vs parker...im really sick of hearing about that one. As soon as i hear someone defend it i quietly place them on ignore.

A speedster losing

Someone with tk losing to a brick

Someone with size alteration being "seen

Anything written by Loeb...he's all fan servuce

Any hulk comic written by Pak after Planet Hulk

Superman PS

Theres just so many examples

Insane Titan
Lol carver using writers words.

The Sorrow

A Snake VS Savage Hulk
It wasn't Savage Hulk that was strangled by the snake and tbf Joe Casey wrote a shitty Hulk but that loss to the Circus of Crime was silly as hell.

celeyhyga17
http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/Spiderman/spiderman_firelord.jpg

JayDaDon
I have a special place in my heart for that fight. Its the very first comic book i ever read. Must have been 8 at the time.

krisblaze
Havok vs Vulcan also caught me off guard.

Sin I AM
Havok vs Vulcan also caught me off guard.

Didn't havok amp off a star though? I didnt think that was pis

krisblaze
And let us not forget the greatest upset ever
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Didn't havok amp off a star though? I didnt think that was pis

Yeah, I wasn't thinking PIS, just sheer amount of surprise.

Sin I AM
True. I was actually more surprised by his "fight" with gladiator and later battle with BB. THOSE were weird

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by The Sorrow
It wasn't Savage Hulk that was strangled by the snake and tbf Joe Casey wrote a shitty Hulk but that loss to the Circus of Crime was silly as hell.

I, the KING OF CANON say it WAS Savage Hulk!!!!

carver9
Lol

The Sorrow
Nope. This is what happens the real Savage Hulk fights the same snake:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QgLhlxiz6FU/VdpEKpCcCKI/AAAAAAAAr_s/oA9fOQhkEmA/s1600/hulk217_15-16.jpg

abhilegend
Werewolf by Night straight up choking out hulk.

Insane Titan
Superman killing Doomsday.

carver9
A pissed Superman fighting against Batman and Batman human body still surviving the onslaught afterwards along with a serious punch and heat vision to the chest.

http://m.imgur.com/a/QExum

h1a8
A pissed Superman fighting against Batman and Batman human body still surviving the onslaught afterwards along with a serious punch and heat vision to the chest.

Superman doesn't kill. He will always hold back. But again, it could be bad writing.

DarkSaint85

Nothing upsetting about that. You expect that about Batman thumb up He has taken WW AND Hulk out with the same maneuver, after all!

JayDaDon
Krona buster?

basilisk
Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Panther defeat Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man.

abhilegend
Where did they do that?

Dareangel
greatest upset in comics was the douchebag bendis making the story "daredevil end of days" and just letting bullseye trash and humiliate daredevil like he has no skills at all. letting him crawl from bullseye and then bullseye kills him violantely and without daredevil even giving a decent fight before he dies. bendis is a liberal douchebag. this A hole will probably vote for hillary

basilisk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Where did they do that? Avengers annual where Scarlet Centurion sent the current Avengers to fight the original Avengers lineup. Cap, Hawkeye, and BP faced off against Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man and beat all of them, and this was back when BP was basically just a guy in an ordinary catsuit with no vibranium or weapons. It involved a health dose of PIS of course, but it was one of the first great upsets. Looking back it helped pave the way for many nonsensical wins in comic books over the years.

abhilegend
Ah the alternate universe Avengers.

basilisk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Ah the alternate universe Avengers. Yeah true, but back in those days it was essentially the same thing anyway, since both universes diverged from a single point the characters were basically the same since not much time had passed. But still alternate I guess.

Insane Titan
Sentry killing Molecule Man

Surtur
Originally posted by Supermutant
The NYPD vs Thanos. They must have thought he was black.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111244676/4782642-3833632-2njhy4k.jpg

They found out he leads a group called "The Black Order" and just took it completely the wrong way.

What they don't tell you is that 13 law enforcement officers suffered neck injuries at the hands of those pointy shoulder pads Thanos has on.

13, that is 1 more than 12, and that's terrible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.