Who was a bigger coward; Luke Skywalker or Palpatine ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Canon only. Well ?

Kurk
Neither exhibit cowardly-like characteristics. Please explain yourself

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Neither exhibit cowardly-like characteristics. Please explain yourself First please confirm you're not joking and are truly lost.

MS Warehouse
Neither exhibit cowardly-like characteristics. Please explain yourself

Don't feed the 14 year old troll.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Don't feed the 14 year old troll. Debate the topic not posters you battlezone conceding cuckold.

JKBart
k i already like u

c u c k is my favorite insult

quanchi112
This is really a close comparison. Both have sunk to unfathomable lows as the main hero and main villain of the original series. Starscream would be proud.

JKBart
Luke was pretty much purposefully designed to be a trusting cuck trying to save his father despite all logic tho

JKBart
tbh Palpatine, though. Luke was a whiny fuggot in Ep IV, but that's far from cowardice; if anything, Luke was sometimes too brave because of judgement problems (Episode V). Luke had many faults, but cowardice wasn't among them.

Palpatine on the other hand was meant to be that way. Still, his cowardice wasn't the sort of "better run away instead of facing this shit", he felt even overconfident in himself. But he kept shitting himself at the idea of the future and tried to exterminate every Force Sensitive just to be sure. He didn't fear the Jedi, didn't fear Mace, Luke in RotJ, he was never afraid of the opponent he knew. But he kept shitting himself about the future constantly lol.

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
tbh Palpatine, though. Luke was a whiny fuggot in Ep IV, but that's far from cowardice; if anything, Luke was sometimes too brave because of judgement problems (Episode V). Luke had many faults, but cowardice wasn't among them.

Palpatine on the other hand was meant to be that way. Still, his cowardice wasn't the sort of "better run away instead of facing this shit", he felt even overconfident in himself. But he kept shitting himself at the idea of the future and tried to exterminate every Force Sensitive just to be sure. He didn't fear the Jedi, didn't fear Mace, Luke in RotJ, he was never afraid of the opponent he knew. But he kept shitting himself about the future constantly lol.
Sidious it the most insecure out of the two. thumb up

quanchi112
Luke was a massive coward in a Force Awakens. He went off into seclusion while Snoke took his shitty sister's only contribution to this world and made him his personal *****. Luke sat back while worlds died. What an unbelievably cowardly move. Did he think the supreme leader would stop ? ****ing cuck move, Luke.

Now we go onto the cowardly and sneaky Palpatine. This guy probably had his spine removed in some secret procedure we weren't privy to seeing. He lies in wait while playing both sides which is pretty cowardly. He betrays Dooku and only reveals his true intentions while the guy is handless and at Anakin's mercy.

Palpatine begged Anakin to save his life from Master Windu. He went onto beg worse than a cuck. Even a cuck will only let another man sleeping with his wife go only so far. Palpatine went further into sub cuck status. Not accepting your fate is cowardly but I'll let this one slide since he was doing what he thought he had to survive.

Perhaps Palpatine's greatest sin was trying to flee a fair fight against Yoda just because he was on the receiving end of one force push. For all his bluster he lacked guts and tried to exit the fight and only after Yoda retaliated.

Trocity
Luke may be a coward for going into seclusion, but that by extension makes Snoke a coward, since he fears the return of Skywalker.

I win. You have failed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Luke may be a coward for going into seclusion, but that by extension makes Snoke a coward, since he fears the return of Skywalker.

I win. You have failed. Having fears doesn't make you a coward you goddamn heathen. Must I educate you further or are you incapable of learning ?

Trocity
http://www.stardestroyer.net/ROTS/Windu-1.jpg

You have lost.

quanchi112
http://www.stardestroyer.net/ROTS/Windu-1.jpg

You have lost. http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/322432/slide_322432_3042740_free.jpg

This really blew up in your face.

MS Warehouse
Another cute butthurt thread from quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Another cute butthurt thread from quan. Respond to the thread title not to me. Do not turn this into another of your battlezones in which you had closed to cover your inability to present a case.

Trocity
http://www.nerdlikeyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/star-trek-into-darkness-spock-vs-khan-1024x498.jpg

quanchi112
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vhRzfg3zLbA/maxresdefault.jpg

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Luke was a massive coward in a Force Awakens. He went off into seclusion while Snoke took his shitty sister's only contribution to this world and made him his personal *****. Luke sat back while worlds died. What an unbelievably cowardly move. Did he think the supreme leader would stop ? ****ing cuck move, Luke.
Funny you should say that as Maul literally did the same exact thing. He had to wait for Savage to find him before taking action. Rey found Luke just like Savage went on the quest to find Maul.

Now we go onto the cowardly and sneaky Palpatine. This guy probably had his spine removed in some secret procedure we weren't privy to seeing. He lies in wait while playing both sides which is pretty cowardly. He betrays Dooku and only reveals his true intentions while the guy is handless and at Anakin's mercy.
Uh no. It's called being a mastermind manipulator and politician. How did you think he would be able to kill all the jedi and create an Empire? As for Dooku, "treachery is the way of the Sith". It's his own fault for not seeing himself as dispensable.

Palpatine begged Anakin to save his life from Master Windu. He went onto beg worse than a cuck. Even a cuck will only let another man sleeping with his wife go only so far. Palpatine went further into sub cuck status. Not accepting your fate is cowardly but I'll let this one slide since he was doing what he thought he had to survive.
Palpatine's goal was to turn Anakin...that is the entire plot of the movie. What would he gain from Anakin if Windu was dead before he arrived?

Perhaps Palpatine's greatest sin was trying to flee a fair fight against Yoda just because he was on the receiving end of one force push. For all his bluster he lacked guts and tried to exit the fight and only after Yoda retaliated.
This I agree with.

Trocity
Bastard.... argh.... Reversal!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/b690L5LhKSQ/maxresdefault.jpg

relentless1
Originally posted by JKBart

anyone in his position would do the same thing, why allow a future threat the chance to grow? he's no a coward for doing that at all he was just being smart.

Palpatine was a bit of a pussy just before he fought Yoda in ROTS though, he tried to run and got cut off big time.

quanchi112
Funny you should say that as Maul literally did the same exact thing. He had to wait for Savage to find him before taking action. Rey found Luke just like Savage went on the quest to find Maul.

Uh no. It's called being a mastermind manipulator and politician. How did you think he would be able to kill all the jedi and create an Empire? As for Dooku, "treachery is the way of the Sith". It's his own fault for not seeing himself as dispensable.

Palpatine's goal was to turn Anakin...that is the entire plot of the movie. What would he gain from Anakin if Windu was dead before he arrived?

This I agree with. To say the same thing happened to Maul is flat out lying. Maul was insane and was cleaved in two while falling hundreds of feet. His hatred kept him alive and to say what he went through was traumatic is understating the obvious. Luke hide with his sanity and powers in check. He suffered no massive injuries like Maul.

He did so in truly cowardly form. Call it whatever you want. He was a sneaky politician which is cowardly since he always masks his true intentions. Be genuine Palpatine you miserable coward. Maul started executing people as soon as he came back into his normal state of mind demanding Kenobi to face him. I'm ****ing proud of Maul. Dooku was a moron but it doesn't excuse Palpatine's cowardly way of disposing of a former apprentice of his.

Palpatine lost. He still had Padme to use as his trump card. He isn't all knowing and for ****s sake he didn't see Vader turning but you're telling me while in the midst of combat he foresaw everything despite Windu's skill pressing him. No proof whatsoever of this nonsense.

So you agree with me like a coward, coward.

quanchi112
We both know you needed your gf and a weapon against a crash landed Khan.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qwGVSNv_H1U/maxresdefault.jpg

EmperorSidious2
Palpatine.

quanchi112
Star Wars cowardice.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=580489&pagenumber=1

Trocity
Yoda almost at triple digits and Khan not quite hitting doubles yet.

quanchi112
Yoda almost at triple digits and Khan not quite hitting doubles yet. Evidence >>>popularity. I'm on a roll.

Kurk
To say the same thing happened to Maul is flat out lying. Maul was insane and was cleaved in two while falling hundreds of feet. His hatred kept him alive and to say what he went through was traumatic is understating the obvious. Luke hide with his sanity and powers in check. He suffered no massive injuries like Maul.
While their reasons for going into exile are different, we don't know what state of mind Luke is in. It's basically identical reasons as Yoda. Luke might know that Snoke is threat and that he's not powerful enough to face him. Perhaps he wanted to originally learn more of the force but lost it along away. We really don't know and it's a lot of speculation at this point.

He did so in truly cowardly form. Call it whatever you want. He was a sneaky politician which is cowardly since he always masks his true intentions. Be genuine Palpatine you miserable coward. Maul started executing people as soon as he came back into his normal state of mind demanding Kenobi to face him. I'm ****ing proud of Maul. Dooku was a moron but it doesn't excuse Palpatine's cowardly way of disposing of a former apprentice of his.
So Sidious should have executed people to get what he wanted? I'm sorry Quanchi but not every Star Wars character is obliged to follow an alpha- male, testosterone driven, brute force method of dealing with things. It suits some characters for some situations and not so much for others. Would you really want every character to follow Pre-Vizsla's brute force approach to politics for example?

Palpatine lost. He still had Padme to use as his trump card. He isn't all knowing and for ****s sake he didn't see Vader turning but you're telling me while in the midst of combat he foresaw everything despite Windu's skill pressing him. No proof whatsoever of this nonsense.
He used Padme in that scene. By putting Anakin in a position where he needed to make an impulsive decision (to stop Mace from killing the person who could save Padme) he was able to gurantee his apprenticeship. Sidious was putting on a show near the end for Anakin's loyalty.

So you agree with me like a coward, coward.
I agree with you on that point. What's wrong with that? I'm a reasonable person.

quanchi112
While their reasons for going into exile are different, we don't know what state of mind Luke is in. It's basically identical reasons as Yoda. Luke might know that Snoke is threat and that he's not powerful enough to face him. Perhaps he wanted to originally learn more of the force but lost it along away. We really don't know and it's a lot of speculation at this point.

So Sidious should have executed people to get what he wanted? I'm sorry Quanchi but not every Star Wars character is obliged to follow an alpha- male, testosterone driven, brute force method of dealing with things. It suits some characters for some situations and not so much for others. Would you really want every character to follow Pre-Vizsla's brute force approach to politics for example?

He used Padme in that scene. By putting Anakin in a position where he needed to make an impulsive decision (to stop Mace from killing the person who could save Padme) he was able to gurantee his apprenticeship. Sidious was putting on a show near the end for Anakin's loyalty.

I agree with you on that point. What's wrong with that? I'm a reasonable person. Going into exile while your enemy is in possession of the Galaxy is cowardice. There are not two ways about it. You may want to make excuses for why Luke abandoned his sister, his possible daughter in Rey, and to be oblivious to planets being snuffed out by the First Order.

Not necessarily but his Machiavellian ways don't scream courage now do they ?

He used what he had in that situation but it wasn't methodically planned out the specifics. If you believe he knew exactly what would happen in that fight why isn't there any evidence to suggest his knowledge. Sidious was desperate because his methods failed and he needed Anakin's help.

So you admit Palpatine did show cowardice and that you were wrong to jump to the judgment neither character exhibited cowardice.

Dark-Kenshin
I've always found Palpatine to be a lousy boring character. Count Dooku is a lot more interesting IMO.

Trocity
Evidence >>>popularity. I'm on a roll.

Been noticing some inconsistencies here quan. wink

Zenwolf
At what point did Luke show any cowardice?

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Zenwolf
At what point did Luke show any cowardice? Nailing womprats for fun in his T16 prior to ANH was both cowardly and sadistic.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Nailing womprats for fun in his T16 prior to ANH was both cowardly and sadistic.

Luke also nailed womp rats on the ground with a blaster rifle too. The womp rats were vermin that needed to be controlled, they were a problem on Tatooine and even had a bounty of 10 credits per rat.

Not really cowardly or sadistic.

MS Warehouse
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHUmVhBUEAEXwho.jpg

chingchangwalla
Luke

quanchi112
Been noticing some inconsistencies here quan. wink

such as ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
At what point did Luke show any cowardice? A Force Awakens. The entire film. Did you miss it ?

Badabing
no expression

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.