SWTOR: Battle of Bothawui, worse tactical blunder ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
Let's see...

https://youtu.be/P31fsYR9TWo?t=117

So we have 4,084 total for Republic.

50,000 for the Sith Empire.

I'm sorry, but this has got to be the worse tactical blunder ever. The SE should have destroyed this force and yet they were destroyed so badly, that they couldn't even take Bothawui. The Sith Commanders were so stupid....like I can't even wrap my head around this...they have this gross number advantage and yet they still couldn't win, even with throwing all their forces into a direct assault.

Is this the worse tactical blunder ever?

I think so.

Edit: Btw this quote...so chilling.

With that music in the background...so great.

darthbane77
I agree, the Empire should have been able to steamroll this force. But a galvanized enemy with no fear of death is indeed a dangerous foe.

Fated Xtasy
A cornered rat will always fight for his life.

I mean look at Zhang Liao from the Three Kingdoms period of China he held off a gigantic force of approximately 100.000 with only 7000 men. It's a tactical blunder, but history shows that its quite possible irl.

Gotta say Zen, this nerdy side of you is adorable.

Zenwolf
I know there's examples RL, but in terms of SW lore. Would this be considered the worst tactical blunder in the mythos?

/Shrug

I like to expand my horizons on the SWU, it's huge and there's a lot of interesting material.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I know there's examples RL, but in terms of SW lore. Would this be considered the worst tactical blunder in the mythos?

/Shrug

I like to expand my horizons on the SWU, it's huge and there's a lot of interesting material.

Oh you mean in SW? I thought you meant this was the worse in history lol Hence my response.

Not making fun, it's interesting to see you bring this up.

It also lets me show off my love for Chinese and Japanese history stick out tongue

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Oh you mean in SW? I thought you meant this was the worse in history lol Hence my response.

Not making fun, it's interesting to see you bring this up.

It also lets me show off my love for Chinese and Japanese history stick out tongue

Nah lol, just in SWU.

But that is an interesting history fact bit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.