Monet Vs Midnighter (no doors)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/76935-184262-m.jpg

Also no prep.
No BFR.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/66116/1220516-midnighter7.jpg

Stoic
Monet's durability is crazy high, so I'm having trouble seeing him hurt her enough to win.

Zack M
Midnighter can probably sense a weak point, just like he did with Martian Manhunter.

Stoic
It's not the same with Monet. Her powers are psionic based. She'd likely beat him quickly. She moves things with her mind. She can buff her durability up as well. She has tactile telekinesis. She flies. Green Scar took note of her durability, and booted her to another state. Midnighter is in over his head. Monet doesn't job like J'onn. Or maybe it's just that he's really a pacifist, and fighting to his best isn't in him.

iceman24567
M wins

Zack M
Originally posted by Stoic
It's not the same with Monet. Her powers are psionic based. She'd likely beat him quickly. She moves things with her mind. She can buff her durability up as well. She has tactile telekinesis. She flies. Green Scar took note of her durability, and booted her to another state. Midnighter is in over his head. Monet doesn't job like J'onn. Or maybe it's just that he's really a pacifist, and fighting to his best isn't in him.

Midnighter just tagged someone who is nearly as fast as the Flash. M's stats aren't going to be a problem.

riv6672
^^^Half of Flash's very human Rogues have tagged Flashes; sight unseen that doesnt really mean a lot.

Other than that takeaway i had no idea who'd win when i posted this. Still dont, but i i put Midnighter in over his head, now.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Half of Flash's very human Rogues have tagged Flashes; sight unseen that doesnt really mean a lot.

Other than that takeaway i had no idea who'd win when i posted this. Still dont, but i i put Midnighter in over his head, now.

I'm not talking about his rogues. lol

riv6672
^^^Ah, DUH.

Zack M
lol. Seriously, it's completely possible for Midnighter to win, especially all the things he has done.

riv6672
Okay!

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic

Not to mention she's a genius and fights strategically. This is spite.

Zack M
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Not to mention she's a genius and fights strategically. This is spite.

Uhh, Midnighter has a computer brain. He's better at strategy.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M
Uhh, Midnighter has a computer brain. He's better at strategy.

That doesn't necessarily make him better at strategy. As I understand it, the computer assists him with actual combat. Also, even if he is better, my point was that she IS a good strategist and a genius....with far higher stats. She could literally pound him to mush.

Zack M
That doesn't necessarily make him better at strategy. As I understand it, the computer assists him with actual combat. Also, even if he is better, my point was that she IS a good strategist and a genius....with far higher stats. She could literally pound him to mush.

His brain gives him enhanced intelligence and also the ability to discover weak points (As he did with Apollo and Manhunter). He's much more versatile that way.

On top of that, his brain was able to calculate his attacks to hit a speedster who was almost as fast as Flash and dodge pretty much most of the bullets that Deadshot threw at him.

M won't be tagging Midnighter.

Pound him to mush? That's cute. Apollo, Etrigan, and Frankenstein weren't able to pound him to mush and they are MUCH more formidable than M.

Blue Area Vet
His brain gives him enhanced intelligence and also the ability to discover weak points (As he did with Apollo and Manhunter). He's much more versatile that way.

On top of that, his brain was able to calculate his attacks to hit a speedster who was almost as fast as Flash and dodge pretty much most of the bullets that Deadshot threw at him.

M won't be tagging Midnighter.

Pound him to mush? That's cute. Apollo, Etrigan, and Frankenstein weren't able to pound him to mush and they are MUCH more formidable than M.

That doesn't mean she couldn't because she has the power too. Generally speaking, lead characters who have their own titles don't get pounded to mush and the fact they that don't isn't evidence that they couldn't. Hulk didn't pound Captain America to much, but it doesn't mean he couldn't.

As stated, the fact that he hit a speedster isn't very impressive in comics. Unenhanced characters manage to do such and this was just pointed out to you earlier in the thread. Same with dodging bullets. Those arguments really don't hold much water as it pertains to this battle. Monet holds the vast majority of advantages and that's why she wins. You are acting like Midnighter is unbeatable. And are you actually suggesting Monet won't be able to land a punch? If so, that's fanboy drunkard speak that no one takes seriously.

riv6672
^^^I wouldnt take that seriously.

This is spite.
The BaV seal of approval.

krisblaze
Why was Monet white in new x-men and uncanny x-men?

I never understood that.

Zack M
That doesn't mean she couldn't because she has the power too. Generally speaking, lead characters who have their own titles don't get pounded to mush and the fact they that don't isn't evidence that they couldn't. Hulk didn't pound Captain America to much, but it doesn't mean he couldn't.

As stated, the fact that he hit a speedster isn't very impressive in comics. Unenhanced characters manage to do such and this was just pointed out to you earlier in the thread. Same with dodging bullets. Those arguments really don't hold much water as it pertains to this battle. Monet holds the vast majority of advantages and that's why she wins. You are acting like Midnighter is unbeatable. And are you actually suggesting Monet won't be able to land a punch? If so, that's fanboy drunkard speak that no one takes seriously.

Again, stronge, more formidable opponents have failed. She would, too.

riv6672
Interesting assumption.

Zack M
I'd like to see all of these characters Monet has pummeled to the ground. As far as Midnighter's feats go, he has withstood blows from beings far stronger than her. You can't ignore his feats, because you don't like it.

He also withstood a powerful blow from a Red Lantern, as well.

riv6672
I'm ignoring feats? Interesting.

Zack M
I'm ignoring feats? Interesting.

Did I say you were ignoring feats?

Blue Area Vet
Again, stronge, more formidable opponents have failed. She would, too.

Drop the unbeatable shtick, it's embarrassing. No character is unbeatable. Got anything else to offer?

Zack M
Drop the unbeatable shtick, it's embarrassing. No character is unbeatable. Got anything else to offer?

LOL!

StyleTime
Originally posted by krisblaze
Why was Monet white in new x-men and uncanny x-men?

I never understood that.
Because racism.

They've been better about depicting her actual skin color in the current run of Extraordinary though.

DarkSaint85
Here's the showing against the speedster that Zack refers to:

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/midnighter-2015-009-007.jpg

'Nearly Flash-level'...'The fastest killer alive'.

Midnighter cripples him:

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/midnighter-2015-009-008.jpg

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/midnighter-2015-009-009.jpg

So speed shouldn't be an issue.

Strength? Is he strong enough to harm Monet?

Admittedly, I am now mixing my New 52 Midnighters, just because I couldn't make sense of the clusterphuck mess of the reboots. But in any case, he was strong enough to hurt Etrigan:
http://imgur.com/1Vauzgp

and Apollo:
http://i.imgur.com/NIozbE9.jpg

Apollo, at the time, was described as Superman level, IIRC.

Durability wise? He's taken hits from Red Lanterns (not known for holding back - AND he pissed it off. Note too, him hurting Skallox):
http://imgur.com/8VknhXu
http://imgur.com/nKWKQop

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Here's the showing against the speedster that Zack refers to:

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/midnighter-2015-009-007.jpg

'Nearly Flash-level'...'The fastest killer alive'.

Midnighter cripples him:

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/midnighter-2015-009-008.jpg

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/midnighter-2015-009-009.jpg

So speed shouldn't be an issue.

Strength? Is he strong enough to harm Monet?

Admittedly, I am now mixing my New 52 Midnighters, just because I couldn't make sense of the clusterphuck mess of the reboots. But in any case, he was strong enough to hurt Etrigan:
http://imgur.com/1Vauzgp

and Apollo:
http://i.imgur.com/NIozbE9.jpg

Apollo, at the time, was described as Superman level, IIRC.

Durability wise? He's taken hits from Red Lanterns (not known for holding back - AND he pissed it off. Note too, him hurting Skallox):
http://imgur.com/8VknhXu
http://imgur.com/nKWKQop

thumb up

Yeah, don't forget him sensing MM's weak spot. Even MM was surprised he found it.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Yeah, don't forget him sensing MM's weak spot. Even MM was surprised he found it.

Problem for Mids is, Monet is a strong enough telepath to throw Emma Frost out of her mind....so whilst physicals are one thing,she could just shut him down.

riv6672
Did I say you were ignoring feats?
You posted directly after me and didnt specify/quote anyone else in your post.
My bad. stick out tongue

Zack M
Problem for Mids is, Monet is a strong enough telepath to throw Emma Frost out of her mind....so whilst physicals are one thing,she could just shut him down.

Yeah, she has psychic powers, which she's able to win, but physically speaking, it would be hard for her to put down Mids.

Zack M
You posted directly after me and didnt specify/quote anyone else in your post.
My bad. stick out tongue

thumb up

krisblaze

riv6672
Maybe she saw something scary.

Blue Area Vet

But he says she "won't be tagging him." confused

Zack M
Certainly not by her speed.

Blue Area Vet
Certainly not by her speed.

Are you claiming that if they fought, she would not even land a punch on him?

Zack M
Are you claiming that if they fought, she would not even land a punch on him?

Probably not. His brain will tell what she will do before hand.

riv6672
Yeah thats not true.
Characters have landed hits on him many many times. Most of them nowhere near as fast as Monet; And this was in the WS days, when Mids was actually bad ass.

Zack M
Yeah thats not true.
Characters have landed hits on him many many times. Most of them nowhere near as fast as Monet; And this was in the WS days, when Mids was actually bad ass.

Like who?

Zack M
Btw, DCnU Mids>>WS Mids. In terms of feats and bad assery.

iceman24567
Btw, DCnU Mids>>WS Mids. In terms assery. thumb up

Zack M
Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up

I doubt you have even read his solo series.

riv6672
Like who?
Aside from the fact that i dont answer your questions, if you honestly dont have enough familiarity with the character to know something as simple as he's gotten hit before, i'm not spending time providing you information you should have looked up before making your claim(s).

But make them you have. As the thread starter, i thank you. smile

Zack M
Aside from the fact that i dont answer your questions, if you honestly dont have enough familiarity with the character to know something as simple as he's gotten hit before, i'm not spending time providing you information you should have looked up before making your claim(s).

But make them you have. As the thread starter, i thank you. smile

So, you basically have nothing.

Sin I AM
Midnighter is what low meta? Monet seems like a good match for him..barring all his pis showings

Zack M
The guy is enhanced, yes. Durability, healing, strength, speed, hearing, sight, etc...

This was made perfectly clear in his solo series and Stormwatch. It's not really PIS, because he has a computer brain that allows him to sense weak points, predict a fighters movements, etc...

It's not like Batman, where he beats opponents with no powers whatsoever.

riv6672
Not for you. thumb up

Zack M
Thought so.

Sin I AM
The guy is enhanced, yes. Durability, healing, strength, speed, hearing, sight, etc...

This was made perfectly clear in his solo series and Stormwatch. It's not really PIS, because he has a computer brain that allows him to sense weak points, predict a fighters movements, etc...

It's not like Batman, where he beats opponents with no powers whatsoever.

Im aware of his abilities and appearances. But i take any instance where a speedster gets hit by a street with a grain of salt. Its pis no matter how u slice it

Zack M
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Im aware of his abilities and appearances. But i take any instance where a speedster gets hit by a street with a grain of salt. Its pis no matter how u slice it

He's beyond street level. Guys like KK, IF, Midnighter, etc... aren't street level.

riv6672
Thought so.
Well, its like i Always say:
1. Zack makes threads, provides no scans on the characters, and then asks for scans when posters make a choice.
2. Zack goes into others' threads, makes a choice, and when others disagree asks for scans from the posters.
3. Zack's a little *****. laughing

Zack M
Keep on talking. We know you haven't even read DCnU Midnighter.

Sin I AM
He's beyond street level. Guys like KK, IF, Midnighter, etc... aren't street level.

Semantics. They are still essentially street level characters.

Zack M
Semantics. They are still essentially street level characters.

But well beyond the traditional ones. What I said still stands.

Sin I AM
But well beyond the traditional ones. What I said still stands.

Well beyond is a bit hyperbolic especially given the fluidity of comics but sure..if it makes u happy.

Zack M
Well beyond is a bit hyperbolic especially given the fluidity of comics but sure..if it makes u happy.

Not for the select few I mentioned. I don't see Batman doing the crap IF or Midnighter does on a regular bases. Same with KK.

riv6672

^^^haha!!!

Nah, i already called you a *****. And that comes from having read your stuff.

Zack M

riv6672
Yeah, that stuff!

Zack M

Sin I AM
Not for the select few I mentioned. I don't see Batman doing the crap IF or Midnighter does on a regular bases. Same with KK.

Batman definitely could. You shouldn't use him. It really just depends on the writer. Especially when it comes to the ma guys.

Hey riv

riv6672

I have you keeping my thread at the top of the page (and getting me to 4 pages, thanks), and i can probably have you do this all night.

smile

Zack M
Batman definitely could. You shouldn't use him. It really just depends on the writer. Especially when it comes to the ma guys.

Hey riv

When has Batman done crazy things like Midnighter or KK? Or blew up a plane with his bare hands?

Zack M
I have you keeping my thread at the top of the page (and getting me to 4 pages, thanks), and i can probably have you do this all night.

smile

Sin I AM
Could being the key word zack. Especially under Morrison

Zack M
Huh?

riv6672
Could being the key word zack. Especially under Morrison
Morrison Batman was entertaining AF, but i'm glad its not the only version.

Zack M
I think DCnU Batman is more formidable than Morrison's. Especially after his revival.

Sin I AM
I think DCnU Batman is more formidable than Morrison's. Especially after his revival.

Most recent scene that awed me from batman is when he was guiding that plane. I honestly think he could have survived it

Zack M
Even before the rejuvenation, DCnU Batman was fighting in a pit against some of the world's most dangerous criminals for 22 hours straight. Pretty crazy. Not only that, but he also one-shotted Solomon Grundy. Dude is pretty beastly.

Sin I AM
Even before the rejuvenation, DCnU Batman was fighting in a pit against some of the world's most dangerous criminals for 22 hours straight. Pretty crazy. Not only that, but he also one-shotted Solomon Grundy. Dude is pretty beastly.

U made my case for me. Which is why i wouldn't be shocked to see him replicating feats from those u mentioned saved Danny. Which is only due to chi

Zack M
U made my case for me. Which is why i wouldn't be shocked to see him replicating feats from those u mentioned saved Danny. Which is only due to chi

Those are crazy feats, but something Midnighter or KK couldn't duplicate. Like I said EARLIER, Midnighter has more crazy feats, on a more regular bases. I've never seen Batman sense weak points in top tier characters, I never seen Batman process a million scenarios in a second, I never seen Batman crack a hole in the Earth, I never seen Batman move as fast as Midnighter, or have the durability/healing advantage, etc...

Midnighter is above the likes of Batman. Hell, in Batman ETERNAL, Midnighter made the Batfamily look like FOOLS.

riv6672
Most recent scene that awed me from batman is when he was guiding that plane. I honestly think he could have survived it
Yeah, i said entertaining.

DCnu characters have been incredibly feat-centric over the last half decade (5 day earth bench, 22 hour man pit fest), though.
A lot fans seem to only care about that nowadays, and DC has delivered. thumb up

krisblaze
This is a great matchup.

Shame to see the discussion devolve into such shittery.

If Torrents were still reasonably available I'd post feats for MN and Monet thumb up

DarkSaint85
This is a great matchup.

If Torrents were still reasonably available I'd post feats for MN and Monet thumb up

Am interested in Monet feats, as I know Mids better than her.

riv6672
Dang Torrents.

krisblaze

She was in Generation X, which was decent 90s teen stuff. Worth a read.

She was also fairly prominent in the newer x-factor comics which were great. They should definitely be read thumb up

Zack M
This is a great matchup.

I read Generation X a looong time ago, so if you have any feats of her, please post. As of now, I eventually see Midnighter winning, if she doesn't use her TP.

riv6672
She was in Generation X, which was decent 90s teen stuff. Worth a read.

She was also fairly prominent in the newer x-factor comics which were great. They should definitely be read thumb up
Both killer books. thumb up

StyleTime

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StyleTime
thumb up

Well, she's back to having dark skin like she's supposed to in Uncanny.

http://s17.postimg.org/ap5tnmqvj/image.jpg
http://s17.postimg.org/hvwebqkdb/image.jpg

Hopefully, the artists don't get confused since she is the Hellfire Club's White Queen currently. stick out tongue

http://s17.postimg.org/atygpjgrj/image.jpg

How is the xmen? I cant see how it could be interesting without Scott, prof and logan

krisblaze
thumb up

Hopefully, the artists don't get confused since she is the Hellfire Club's White Queen currently. stick out tongue

I think it must've been clashing artist styles or something.

This was the first panel that threw me, in Uncanny x-men 410-411.

https://comicdomwrecks.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/monet16.jpg

And then in new x-men.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-U-E7Ezw3NnY/VZ-n4EN_GnI/AAAAAAAAWCg/QFaakj6oWuw/s1600/kordey_nxmen130_oct02.jpg

Look at this, compared to
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4a/73/c3/4a73c3957e08e33fd1d82f73878dabee.jpg

Blue Area Vet
thumb up

White lives matter. stick out tongue

riv6672

And then in new x-men.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-U-E7Ezw3NnY/VZ-n4EN_GnI/AAAAAAAAWCg/QFaakj6oWuw/s1600/kordey_nxmen130_oct02.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4a/73/c3/4a73c3957e08e33fd1d82f73878dabee.jpg
Darkstar's dead? Well thats a waste.

krisblaze
Oh she's back. Only dead for 2-3 years.

riv6672
Always had a soft spot for her and her fellow Russkies.

StyleTime
How is the xmen? I cant see how it could be interesting without Scott, prof and logan
Uncanny and All New are about a B- right now. Not complete shit but not mindblowing. Uncanny is trying a Second Coming deal with ultra-high stakes action. It's not as entertaining as Second Coming, but Psylocke and Monet are in it so that's a plus. Sabretooth's been tolerable too. Magneto is weird here though.

All New is more like...teen drama stuff, while Extraordinary is just bad.

And then in new x-men.

Yeah, New X-Men was really good but it's like they expected us to just look the other way when Monet suddenly turns white lol. I think some artists are thrown by her ethnic background, and don't know what to do with it....or just don't do research.

Glad she's still around though. Monet is fun, and she's usually not involved in bad stories. Some mediocre ones here and there, but it's not a pain to keep up with her for her fans.

StyleTime
In simple terms, she's a super sonic brick with limited psychic abilities. Her physical prowess is the primary concern here, but she does bust out a TK wave on occassion.

http://postimg.org/image/5yw1ot6sr/
http://postimg.org/image/48d0nbp9n/

krisblaze
Monet has a great track record thumb up

Zack M
What's her history against other bricks/ Martial artists, without TK abilities?

krisblaze
I meant in the quality of her comics haha.

Shes taken hits from Guido no problem and didnt suffer against WWH. Though she did get BFR'ed there.

riv6672
thumb up

Zack M

Shes taken hits from Guido no problem and didnt suffer against WWH. Though she did get BFR'ed there.

I've only read Generation X, but that was ages ago! It was pretty good.

Genii96
She has a thing for sabertooth

riv6672
All women like bad boys.

DarkSaint85
Some women also like cats.

riv6672
Some. But all women like bad boys.

abhilegend
Uncanny and All New are about a B- right now. Not complete shit but not mindblowing. Uncanny is trying a Second Coming deal with ultra-high stakes action. It's not as entertaining as Second Coming, but Psylocke and Monet are in it so that's a plus. Sabretooth's been tolerable too. Magneto is weird here though.

All New is more like...teen drama stuff, while Extraordinary is just bad.

Yeah, New X-Men was really good but it's like they expected us to just look the other way when Monet suddenly turns white lol. I think some artists are thrown by her ethnic background, and don't know what to do with it....or just don't do research.

Glad she's still around though. Monet is fun, and she's usually not involved in bad stories. Some mediocre ones here and there, but it's not a pain to keep up with her for her fans.
Hey Style, you should read this.

http://i.4cdn.org/co/1475037834020.jpg

Isn't Bendis great?

riv6672
Bendis. Mixed feelings MIXED FEELINGS!!!!! no

StyleTime
Originally posted by Genii96
She has a thing for sabertooth
Indeed. They've been teasing a potential Monet/Sabertooth thing.

http://i65.tinypic.com/216adu.jpg
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hey Style, you should read this.

http://i.4cdn.org/co/1475037834020.jpg

Isn't Bendis great?
It's killing me man. Claremont had the record for worst X-23, then Bendis took that shit to all new lows. Now everyone is following his lead.

RIP Laura. sad

StyleTime
I don't know much about rebooted Midnighter other than the scans posted. I get he can hurt people out of his class, but what is his actual stopping power? Has he put any bricks down via facepunching? Other strength feats?

krisblaze
Why isnt sabretooth in jail? Hes killed and raped more peopke than IS

abhilegend
Indeed. They've been teasing a potential Monet/Sabertooth thing.

http://i65.tinypic.com/216adu.jpg

It's killing me man. Claremont had the record for worst X-23, then Bendis took that shit to all new lows. Now everyone is following his lead.

RIP Laura. sad
laughing out loud

I shouldn't laugh but Bendis always makes the most absurd comics out there.

riv6672
Why isnt sabretooth in jail? Hes killed and raped more peopke than IS
IS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.