Replacing superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathslash
Suppose that superman needs to take a break and flies out of the galaxy for a year. Of the following characters, who would do the best job of taking his place?

1. hyperion
2. omni-man
3. sentry (mentally stable)
4. gladiator
5. Apollo
6. Mr majestic
7. Supreme
8. Blue marvel

Who does the best against superman's rouges gallery and who would have the best chemistry with the other justice league characters?

Zack M
Majestic and Blue Marvel. Both are physically top notch AND have a scientific brain, just like Superman. Majestic/Brainiac would be a good confrontation.

Zack M
Plus, Majestic already has Justice League experience.

deathslash
How would you rate the others?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
Suppose that superman needs to take a break and flies out of the galaxy for a year. Of the following characters, who would do the best job of taking his place?

1. hyperion
2. omni-man
3. sentry (mentally stable)
4. gladiator
5. Apollo
6. Mr majestic
7. Supreme
8. Blue marvel

Who does the best against superman's rouges gallery and who would have the best chemistry with the other justice league characters?

None. Its not about power set. Superman is or rather was so much more than strength. He inspires. Thats y there can only be one true Captain America. Its their example that sets the stage not their abilities.

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
None. Its not about power set. Superman is or rather was so much more than strength. He inspires. Thats y there can only be one true Captain America. Its their example that sets the stage not their abilities. so none of them could properly replace him iyo?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
so none of them could properly replace him iyo?

None. Those characters while good in their own right dont have the... Je ne sais quoi...that certain something that Clark has thats irreplaceable. Yea they have feats and in sure they could handle his rogues but they wouldnt be able to fit his role. They are essentially pastiches of the character. They embody some qualities just not all

carver9
Originally posted by Zack M
Majestic and Blue Marvel. Both are physically top notch AND have a scientific brain, just like Superman. Majestic/Brainiac would be a good confrontation.

This with Blue Marvel being the best choice.

golem370
Any of them could do the job he does just not replace him.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sin I AM
None. Its not about power set. Superman is or rather was so much more than strength. He inspires. Thats y there can only be one true Captain America. Its their example that sets the stage not their abilities.

Excellent post...

100% agreed...

thumb up

"Id"
none.

Superman is the go to character for getting shit done in DC.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Originally posted by carver9
This with Blue Marvel being the best choice.
Like Sin said, Superman is irreplaceable, but, i think the down to earth, smart, competent black guy would be taken in by Metropolis better than any of the other characters (many of whom are jerk asses) on the list.

Mindship
Blue Marvel. Best all-around Supes clone in attitude, power, etc. Genuinely likable.

riv6672
^^^Bingo (Yahtzee, Connect Four, Bop It).

DarkSaint85
Omni Man.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Omni Man.
https://literarytravesty.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/tumblr_nsb3kntct71re3x32o1_500.gif

DarkSaint85
My reasoning:

Yes, he's a supervillain.

But that's in the Invincible universe.

In DC? Don't forget, until his unmasking, he was the most beloved of the superhero. Brought advanced tech to Earth. Got along well with everyone, and was THE go to guy for threats.

The others? Glads has the experience, but from a dictatorial standpoint. Same with Majestic. Apollo is just plain dumb. Hyperion could do it, though am not sure of the tech/smarts. Blue Marvel is also a contender, but he has been out of the limelight for too long - whereas OmniMan is proven to be able to win over the entire population.

riv6672
That is, technically, reasoning yes.

apex_pretador
technically yperion is a proper superman copy.

One_Angry_Scot
Sentry might be able to if he was in his Vol. 1 mindset but otherwise he's probably one of the worst choices. He would need someone like Superman to check up on him.

riv6672
More like to lobotomize him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.