Could a Jedi deflect real life bullets?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
This is something i've been wondering about for a while, bullets are smaller than a blast,possibly faster and our rifles usually shoot far more bullets per minute than your average blaster. So,what do you think? If Jedi existed in our world,would they be badass or would they be killed by 1 single soldier?

Ziggystardust
beer

chingchangwalla
No.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Total Warrior
This is something i've been wondering about for a while, bullets are smaller than a blast,possibly faster and our rifles usually shoot far more bullets per minute than your average blaster. So,what do you think? If Jedi existed in our world,would they be badass and block/deflect buletts like they do blasts or would they be killed by 1 single soldier?

Ursumeles
Edit: What Myth said.

MythLord
Originally posted by Total Warrior
This is something i've been wondering about for a while, bullets are smaller than a blast,possibly faster and our rifles usually shoot far more bullets per minute than your average blaster. So,what do you think? If Jedi existed in our world,would they be badass or would they be killed by 1 single soldier?

Pretty much all of this is false. Blaster bolts in the SW universe range anywhere from hypersonic, to even lightspeed. So they're faster than bullets, and the firing-per-minute speed is also logically going to be a lot greater.

That the bullets are smallers means, well, nothing.

So a Jedi would deflect bullets all day long without the need to look at them.

chingchangwalla
Bullets are made of copper, lightsabers would just cut them. I don't see how they can be deflected

Ursumeles
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Bullets are made of copper, lightsabers would just cut them. I don't see how they can be deflected
The Lightsaber would destroy them, lmao.

MythLord
Originally posted by chingchangwalla

Well, by deflect I mean the bullets just aren't getting past a Jedi's guard. A lightsaber burns/slices it in half.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Ursumeles
The Lightsaber would destroy them, lmao.
That'd what I said...

Zenwolf
Mace already did this with a hail of hypersonic slugs(bullets) coming at him, a random Jedi also blocked a shotgun blast at close range with a lightsaber and suffered no damage other than his lightsaber shutting off(the shot was Cortosis). Laranth Tarak(Jedi) was able to see and react to slugs coming and blasting them with her twin DL-44 blasters.

So yeah, Jedi can see and react to them and while they can't deflect slugs, they are vaporized instead....which makes sense given the cutting power of a lightsaber which cut through metal alloys like butter.

UCanShootMyNova
What Zen said.

The Ellimist
Most Jedi could probably stop them telekinetically.

Kurk
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Most Jedi could probably stop them telekinetically.
yes

DarthDuelist9
Yes, blasterbolts have far more energy then bullets, the o ly advantage the latter has that it's impact is greater because they have more weight.

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Yes, blasterbolts have far more energy then bullets, the o ly advantage the latter has that it's impact is greater because they have more weight. well I don't know about that as we don't really know the mass of an energy bolt.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Yes, blasterbolts have far more energy then bullets, the o ly advantage the latter has that it's impact is greater because they have more weight.

Eh? Blaster bolts have more impact, we see them knocking people back, cause explosions and so on in the first movie alone.

ares834
They could easily use the force to deflect them. We see Obi-Wan do something like this in the OCW when battling Durge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.