Which X-Men (past or present) has the most tortured soul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

staxamillion
everyone here loves the X-men. I believe they have the best characters because they for the most part personal anguish. For example Nightcrawler being hunted and demonized as a child, wolvie's battle for his memories, Cable having to live in a dystopian future to survive; you know serious character foundation stuff.

my question is Who is the Most Tortured out of them all?
(there should be a villains one of these too if ppl like)

LincolnDark
I think that most of the X-men are tortured because they are all seen as outcasts in their society. One mutant who stands out in my mind is Rogue. She is the most tortured because of her inability to touch someone without absorbing their energy. So she has to isolate herself from everyone. Also, in absorbing another person's energy, she also absorbs their personalities. This must cause a lot of internal conflict with who she is amongst her victims.

I tried to think of a villian, but most of the villains that immediately popped up in my mind were all powerful beings. They did not seem to be able to relate to the human feeling of torture.

staxamillion
Rogue is a perfect example. they used to play into her storyline more I miss that. it seems to me with all these over arcing events taking place that the characters themselves kinda lack in depth now.

LincolnDark
I totally agree! There is no reason to pack and introduce 20+ characters in one movie. The lack of character development was especially noticeable in the Ratner (boo) films. I've always been a fan of X-men, despite how horrible some of the movies were. Don't judge me, but I haven't even watched Apocalypse.

Rogue was always my favorite 90's X-men because her storyline was so complex and she came from a troubled past while still proving to be one of the most valuable members of the team. They should make a Rogue/Gambit movie!

Who do you think?

staxamillion
I actually haven't seen apocalypse yet either.

I always believed the most tortured to be wolverine. he was mentally maimed for a better part of a century and actually tortured for many of those years too.

Bishop basically has sacrificed his own life/identity/morals in order to fix his timeline.

Professor X and Magneto too.
I would love a gambit/rogue anime like they did with wolverine. they could have to do a mission with/for mystique.

Pig:Destroyer
Originally posted by staxamillion
I actually haven't seen apocalypse yet either.

I always believed the most tortured to be wolverine. he was mentally maimed for a better part of a century and actually tortured for many of those years too.

Bishop basically has sacrificed his own life/identity/morals in order to fix his timeline.

Professor X and Magneto too.
I would love a gambit/rogue anime like they did with wolverine. they could have to do a mission with/for mystique.

god you're a nerd

WolverineX25
Wolverine, Magneto, or Marrow -

Wolverine has a long history of loss, suffering, death, and complete misery. He's lost too many people and has very few actual friendships, if any at all. He's truly a lone wolf.

Magneto survived the Holocaust and his hatred and pain lead him to an anti-human crusade.

Marrow has a mutation which not only causes her immense physical pain, but destroys her appearance and has caused her social isolation and low self worth her entire life.

That's my vote.

TethAdamTheRock
Professor X (Cerebro) Nightcrawler, Magneto, Wolverine

wannabe
Originally posted by LincolnDark
I think that most of the X-men are tortured because they are all seen as outcasts in their society. One mutant who stands out in my mind is Rogue. She is the most tortured because of her inability to touch someone without absorbing their energy. So she has to isolate herself from everyone. Also, in absorbing another person's energy, she also absorbs their personalities. This must cause a lot of internal conflict with who she is amongst her victims.
I have to admit that i never really got the problem with Rogue... it always seemed a bit forced and (within the laws of the 616 Universe!) unbelievable: Cyclops uses a device to control his powers, so do Havoc and Surge. And in every other storyline there is a villain or prison (Genosha anyone?!) using a technology that's able to neutralize mutant powers!!!
Why not installing such a device in Rogues personal quarters, so she could enjoy normal human contact there?
Why not designing a bracelet for her with which she can neutralize and reactivate her powers at will?

Wonder Man
Mystique. Having lost Destiny she has no one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.