Did Bane really collapse the Lehon temple?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
Honestly. People always be going on about how Bane collapsed the Temple of Ancients, as if he actually bulldozed the entire thing, but my understand was that he just destroyed the entrance. Let's look at the scene:1. So Kas'im is supposed to be far less powerful than PoD Bane, and yet is capably absorbing Temple busting impacts? Sure.

2. The text describes the energy strike "the Temple around him", framing what happens next i.e. the walls exploding, archway collapsing, roof caving in, within those contexts. Notice also how the massive spire goes unmentioned, despite being a key architectural feature, probably because it remained intact.

3. Note the word "implosion" i.e. the act of an object collapsing in on itself, or rather in these contexts under its own weight. Seems to me that whatever damage Bane caused to the Temple, it was largely due to him taking out its supports.

4. So Bane is supposed to be witnessing all this from the foot of the stairs, and that's supposed to be safe. Lol right, look how big the ****ing Temple is, even by the original scale it's still massive, big enough to completely consume where Bane was standing if it collapsed entirely, not spew a bit of dust in his face. The spire certainly would have crushed his dumpy head.

Altogether it seems to me like he just caused the entrance to collapse. Which is an impressive feat but not exactly colossal, and more in keeping with the scrub we all know Bane to really be, your thoughts?

SunRazer
He knocked down the supports, and gravity decided to be his friend.

Beniboybling
But did he collapse the whole temple? smile

SunRazer
As I said, he knocked down the supports.

NewGuy01
Yes, he did; or at least, a large portion of it. I've talked with Drew regarding the matter, Ant will be making a blog on the specifics soon. Drew's idea of the temple's size and structure is totally different than KOTOR's and SWTOR's, though.

Beniboybling
Who cares about Drew at this point.

The Ellimist
thumb up

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Honestly. People always be going on about how Bane collapsed the Temple of Ancients, as if he actually bulldozed the entire thing, but my understand was that he just destroyed the entrance. Let's look at the scene:1. So Kas'im is supposed to be far less powerful than PoD Bane, and yet is capably absorbing Temple busting impacts? Sure.

Tbh, even if Bane isn't anywhere near Temble-busting level, he should still be able to dominate Kas'im with his advantage. So, WTF?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Tbh, even if Bane isn't anywhere near Temble-busting level, he should still be able to dominate Kas'im with his advantage. So, WTF?

Well, I don't see reason to think the Force disparity between the two has to be massive.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Well, I don't see reason to think the Force disparity between the two has to be massive.
It was implied that Bane>>Kaan, and that kaan>>Rest of the Brotherhood.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ursumeles
kaan>>Rest of the Brotherhood.

Really?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Really?
IIRC. I don't read that book again, lol. Also, he controlled all of them iirc.

The Ellimist
Well, Kaan's TP abilities are greater than his overall Force mastery (hence why he thought he stood a chance at doing that with Bane, but not in combat). As a combatant, I think it's pretty clear that Kas'im was far above anyone else in the brotherhood.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Who cares about Drew at this point.

I do, in this case, because he wrote the passage and has the authority to clarify what it meant.

Beniboybling
Like Veitch clarified on the nature of Force storms?

Nephthys
Obviously, he did.

Azronger
Drew's opinion isn't canon. If he wanted it to be, he should've put it in the text more clearly. His interpretation is simply his interpretation, and no more valid than any of ours.

Nephthys
His interpretation...... of a thing he wrote?

ok buddy

nfactor1995
Any new and/or confirmed thoughts about this feat?

TenebrousWay
The fact Kas'im could shield himself from the temple busting blast but couldn't hold on part of the rubble to avoid death, while amped, is bizarre.

Fated Xtasy
Retarded is the word you're looking for.

But this is Drew Karpshyn we're talking about. The guy whose greatest claim to fame is wanking a Gary Stu's achievements and yet still managed to give him less of a personality than a rock.

Then to cement his short comings as a manwriter he decides to write a novel so full of steroids and testosterone that WWE nearly gave the Novel a million dollar contract.

So again. No surprise that it's "bizzare"

UCanShootMyNova
Guess it took all his energies to defend against the wave.

Also just to clarify, the text states the temple was 20 meters.

MythLord
Only on the higher ground. A portion of the temple was underneath the ground.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.