Steel Serpent Vs Silver Monkey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/SS_zpszyby5vy3.jpg

vs

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/SM_zpsqcqawoqe.jpg

Supermutant
Davos made Peter look like an amateur twice.

Zack M
Originally posted by Supermutant
Davos made Peter look like an amateur twice.

They should be comparable, then. Monkey put Batman in a coma and made Connor Hawke looks like an amateur, iirc.

Supermutant
Originally posted by Zack M
They should be comparable, then. Monkey put Batman in a coma and made Connor Hawke looks like an amateur, iirc.

But Silver Monkey got a beat down from Connor in the rematch, and was killed by a dummy (literally).

Zack M
But Silver Monkey got a beat down from Connor in the rematch, and was killed by a dummy (literally).

Didn't Serpent get a beat down by IF, too? Villains always lose.

deathslash
Didn't Serpent get a beat down by IF, too? Villains always lose. since when has losing to a guy with the speed of spider-man, hand to hand skills that put him within the top ten on his planet, and the striking power of a member of the hulk family comparable to losing to a guy that's who's only really notable achievement is not getting stomped by lady shiva?

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
since when has losing to a guy with the speed of spider-man, hand to hand skills that put him within the top ten on his planet, and the striking power of a member of the hulk family comparable to losing to a guy that's who's only really notable achievement is not getting stomped by lady shiva?

Speed of Spider-Man? IF got tagged by Wolverine. lol. And Connor is definitely in the top tier of MA skills. But we're not talking about Connor. We're talking about SM, whom also put Batman down with a few moves and placed him in a coma.

deathslash
Speed of Spider-Man? IF got tagged by Wolverine. lol. And Connor is definitely in the top tier of MA skills. But we're not talking about Connor. We're talking about SM, whom also put Batman down with a few moves and placed him in a coma. you mean in that sparring session? oh, there's no doubt about it, silver monkey beating batman is impressive, but is it really enough to give him the win over davos? Not in my opinion.

Zack M
Actually, reviewing the fight again, Connor did decently well against Shiva. Even Robin said it was a "draw" and he did some damage to her body.

Owning Batman and Connor is NO small feat. I'm not saying Silver Monkey wins, but he's not getting owned here.

Supermutant
IIRC Monkey ambushed Batman who was hunting for King Snake. Still a good feat for Monkey but Bruce wasn't koed unless there was another time.

deathslash
Actually, reviewing the fight again, Connor did decently well against Shiva. Even Robin said it was a "draw" and he did some damage to her body.

Owning Batman and Connor is NO small feat. I'm not saying Silver Monkey wins, but he's not getting owned here. meh, to me, that fight was like the one between sodam yat and superboy prime. Conner did well at first, the he received some injuries, tried to be a tough little soldier and keep fighting, he landed some good hits, and then all of the injuries that he suffered seemed to pile up as his opponent seemed to gain more momentum, and then he got stomped on.

Zack M
IIRC Monkey ambushed Batman who was hunting for King Snake. Still a good feat for Monkey but Bruce wasn't koed unless there was another time.

He knew someone was there, so I don't think it's a true ambush. Still, it's hard to actually sneak up on Batman, so it's a good feat. Later, it was stated he was in a coma.

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
meh, to me, that fight was like the one between sodam yat and superboy prime. Conner did well at first, the he received some injuries, tried to be a tough little soldier and keep fighting, he landed some good hits, and then all of the injuries that he suffered seemed to pile up as his opponent seemed to gain more momentum, and then he got stomped on.

Shiva is one of the best MA in comics, period. Not a bad feat by Connor, even if he did lose. I'd put Connor ahead of Batman, personally. Not by leaps and bounds, but his reading body movement skill puts him slightly ahead.

Supermutant
Would you put Conner ahead of current Batman?

Zack M
Would you put Conner ahead of current Batman?

Pre-Flashpoint, not current.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.