Vulcan vs Dr Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Can Vulcan

Sin I AM
Even the lesser fates rage stomp that ass

golem370
The reason for the thread is because Vulcan could absorb magic right?

Zack M
Fate.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by golem370
The reason for the thread is because Vulcan could absorb magic right?

Yea he owned whats his name before wok

nwg202
Fate

Genii96
Doesn't Vulcan absorb and manipulate magical energies ?

Stoic
I can see Vulcan being a real problem for Fate. Every time Fate hits him with a spell, it'd be like he was filling up Vulcan's grab bag with a bunch of goodies.

Fates best bet would be to amp himself up, and go for the physical beat down approach.

Sin I AM
AW aint no fate though. Plus he was newly resurrected and beaten by the new kid on the block. Not a low showing imo

Galan007
Originally posted by golem370
The reason for the thread is because Vulcan could absorb magic right? Vulcan effortlessly manipulated Warlock's magic:
http://i.imgur.com/df1WsoU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MYwgKz5.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
AW aint no fate though. Plus he was newly resurrected and beaten by the new kid on the block. Not a low showing imo

New kid on the block, just woke up and anything like that does not negate the fact that Vulcan can and has absorbed magical energies. Fate would be no different in this instance. If Fate fights like an idiot against a guy that would sponge up his spells, then he gets his butt kicked royally. If he amps himself up, and goes in like a tank, then he beats Vulcan down. Wanna bet on which approach Fate takes? It is his fight to lose after all. But.... LOL.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
New kid on the block, just woke up and anything like that does not negate the fact that Vulcan can and has absorbed magical energies. Fate would be no different in this instance. If Fate fights like an idiot against a guy that would sponge up his spells, then he gets his butt kicked royally. If he amps himself up, and goes in like a tank, then he beats Vulcan down. Wanna bet on which approach Fate takes? It is his fight to lose after all. But.... LOL.

Meh quantum magic aint the same deal as the magic Fate harnesses unless you can prove Vulcan trumps ALL herald level magic users Fate stands an extremely good chance. Plus Vulcan had that new character of the week vibe going for him so of course he had to throttle someone. Thats the way comics work.

Blue Area Vet

What? Yeah, he's like > Fate. This was Quantum Magic Warlock.

Stoic
Meh quantum magic aint the same deal as the magic Fate harnesses unless you can prove Vulcan trumps ALL herald level magic users Fate stands an extremely good chance. Plus Vulcan had that new character of the week vibe going for him so of course he had to throttle someone. Thats the way comics work.

Energy is energy to Vulcan, he doesn't discriminate. Like I said, Fate has other avenues that he could take in order to pull off the win. If he fights like a doofus, Vulcan takes his helmet.

Magnon
Vulcan takes control over Fate's magic, and stomps him.

Blue Area Vet
Energy is energy to Vulcan, he doesn't discriminate. Like I said, Fate has other avenues that he could take in order to pull off the win. If he fights like a doofus, Vulcan takes his helmet.

That's the thing, he wouldn't have a chance to. Vulcan easily siphons off the energy.

hutchy1345
An omega level enery manipulator SHOULD have been incredibly powerful, but vulcan was disappointing! Feel like he will be able to pull through on this one seeing as how easily he handled warlock's magic

Sin I AM

Yet he got one shot by Glads (psionic energy) and beaten by Black Bolt. Not impressed. Didnt see him absorbing that scream too well. That Adam Warlock scene should be taken with a grain of salt

Cogito
Yet he got one shot by Glads (psionic energy) and beaten by Black Bolt. Not impressed. Didnt see him absorbing that scream too well. That Adam Warlock scene should be taken with a grain of salt And beaten by an amped Havok.

Clearly he struggles with power powerful guys, and Fate is above all of the likes mentioned above.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Cogito
And beaten by an amped Havok.

Clearly he struggles with power powerful guys, and Fate is above all of the likes mentioned above.

Exactly. Which is why i use the New Kid On the Block scenario...when new characters are introduced like say Rulk..they do crazy shit like punch out a watcher and best OF Thor but once they get fleshed out they get choked out by Wonderman. Vulcan aint shit

Galan007
Well, Vulcan manipulated magic later on in his career -- well after he first hit the stage. I get what you're saying, though.

DarkSaint85
Well, we know that the TYPE of energies that Fate wields, should NOT be an issue (assuming all magic is equal) for Vulcan.

What about the magnitude? Assuming this is a high end Fate, of course, at full capacity. Can Vulcan manip that level, when we've seen him wanting against Havok (with star-level power), Glads and Black Bolt?

Magnon

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What about the magnitude? Assuming this is a high end Fate, of course, at full capacity. Can Vulcan manip that level Not unless we impose one hell of a no-limits fallacy, imo.

Tbh, I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking of a peak/high-end Fate as an abstract-esque power. His feats are just ridiculous.

Sin I AM
Who has Vulcan beaten other than Warlock...i cant recall anything noteworthy

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well, we know that the TYPE of energies that Fate wields, should NOT be an issue (assuming all magic is equal) for Vulcan.

What about the magnitude? Assuming this is a high end Fate, of course, at full capacity. Can Vulcan manip that level, when we've seen him wanting against Havok (with star-level power), Gla>>>>ds and Black Bolt?

Fate doesn't have on tap blast EP on that scale.

Blue Area Vet
Who has Vulcan beaten other than Warlock...i cant recall anything noteworthy

He's had on major appearance. Beating Warlock and having Black Bolt dead to rights and surviving an all out scream is significant.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Galan007
Not unless we impose one hell of a no-limits fallacy, imo.

Tbh, I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking of a peak/high-end Fate as an abstract-esque power. His feats are just ridiculous.

What off the scale combat feats does he have?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
He's had on major appearance. Beating Warlock and having Black Bolt dead to rights and surviving an all out scream is significant.

Dead to rights? Beg to differ

Genii96
Yet he got one shot by Glads (psionic energy) and beaten by Black Bolt. Not impressed. Didnt see him absorbing that scream too well. That Adam Warlock scene should be taken with a grain of salt

Iirc he had alreasy gone through the imperial guard,and had his power drained by a couple of them. He didn't also attempt to manipulate glads energy,he just blasted him

Pretty sure he was beating up blackbolt until the scream that punched a hole in reality

Zack M
Fate.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Genii96
Iirc he had alreasy gone through the imperial guard,and had his power drained by a couple of them. He didn't also attempt to manipulate glads energy,he just blasted him

Pretty sure he was beating up blackbolt until the scream that punched a hole in reality

Re read that fight. The imperial guard he faced was weaksauce, x-men lite fodder. I challenge u to name one guardsman worth their salt not named Gladiator.

beatboks

And so what??

Without the Helmet he's still
http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/5469784-1++fate+strength.jpg

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/5469785-1+kent_nelson_2.jpg
Super strong and able to fly

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/5469786-1+nearly+invulnerable+except+lungs.jpg

http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2125489-half_helmet_fate_endurance.jpg

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2125490-half_helmet_fate_endurance_2.jpg

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2125488-half_helmet_dr_fte_endurance_3.jpg

Impervious and able to levitate

I mean a non magic Fate could tank point blank nuclear blasts and a building being dropped on his head.
Could lift and carry passenger aircraft falling from the sky.
Could levitate cars.
I could show his TP also, but IIRC Vulcan can absorb TP energy too.

Erk Strauss Fate physically fought dozens of para demons while weakened , sick and unable to cast a spell. Hector could also take quite a bit of punishment.

All three of these versions went through the whole Nabu altered and grew my body and empowered it.

You Keep saying Fate needs to amp himself but he's a class 100 without amping, and while he needs to breath he can certainly tank energy blasts of pretty high order and major physical attacks. So unless it's Linda Strauss, Inza or Kent V (or the Nu52 one) he can take a bloody good fight to Vulcan without using any magic. When it comes down to it Kent V even took a heap of punishment when he went to get Lightning's soul back physically fighting multiple alternate versions of Fate.

Now if the argument is that Vulcan can beat Fate because he beat Black Bolt I don't get it. Fate is without magic more durable than Black bolt, and arguably stronger (I'm saying arguably because while he has a feat of punching and knocking "a" Superman around it's an alternate superman with no way of knowing his exact power levels as it was the only appearance I'm aware of). He has the ability to levitate things that BB doesn't.

beatboks
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Fate doesn't have on tap blast EP on that scale.

O_o REALLY/
Sure about that

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/4273607-dr+fate+omni+dimensional+.jpg

That's a blast by Fate that was felt in two universes and nether space. A blast so powerful to be safe a 5th dimensional Djinn was shielded to protect them.

That's a tad beyond "star level"

Or there's the fact he used his energy to
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xenR85FbcNU/VdSyYG2ehbI/AAAAAAAAbsw/0S81jR8Qp8Y/s1600/scan0070.jpg
Push a planet through space. that was is star level

The Pict
Fate.

Vulcan might be able to manipulate energy all day, but I doubt he could absorb it like some are suggesting. He has limits. Havok overpowered him IIRC (after absorbing some energy from a sun admittedly)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.