Apocalypse Vs Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b2/c9/6a/b2c96acd32b05d91d5ccf72f43a8d250.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/e6/4f/1ee64f5ba19ea1a40723896df8919312.jpg

t0sh
Desperso in a murder stomp.

Insane Titan
Despero wrecks him

riv6672
Originally posted by t0sh
Desperso in a murder stomp.
That bad, eh?

spetznaz
Originally posted by riv6672
That bad, eh?
Possibly. Despero has a strength advantage (enough to defeat Superman, Wonder Woman, Billy Marvel, Power Girl and others I cannot recall ...at the same time), he has super speed, can fly, limited invulnerability, ability to regenerate (even from a head), and that is just on the physical level.

Add to that high level telepathy, telekinesis, psi abilities like illusions.

Then add to that the Flame of Pytarr (which at one point gave him reality warping ability).

Basically Apocalypse ...just at an amped level.

To quote a statement from Apocalypse (in an XMen cartoon I saw years ago) where he said that he (Apoc) is 'as far beyond mutants as mutants are beyond humans'

Despero is as far beyond Apocalypse as Apocalypse is beyond those he looks down upon.

leonidas
if it's nu52 despero who was dismantled by jonn then apoc would have a chance here. classic despero is likely too much though i don't think it would be the stomp some do. despero is the type of brawler apoc can fight very well. the tp issue would be interesting to see assuming this is an apoc at full power (unlike the one stryfe took apart...) /shrug

nwg202
Despero stomps

riv6672
So much for the A msn. Thanks guys.

Stoic
I'm not seeing a stomp, and I'm almost certain that it won't be too long before people see why. Apoc should be able to hold his own against Despero.

leonidas
thumb up not sure he would win, but yeah, if despero can't beat him with tp (and given apoc's performances against stryfe and nate that is anything but a sure thing) then yeah, despero is the type of brawler apoc could do very well against, assuming he's at full power, of course.

Zack M
Hasn't Despero enslaved entire planets with his TP? He's also owned Martian Manhunter, as well. What has Apoc done that is on that level??

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up not sure he would win, but yeah, if despero can't beat him with tp (and given apoc's performances against stryfe and nate that is anything but a sure thing) then yeah, despero is the type of brawler apoc could do very well against, assuming he's at full power, of course.

Wasn't Stryfe's great performance against Apoc due to Apoc not having finished his rest cycle? I can't take what happened during V&V with more than a pinch of salt. I'm not convinced that the heroes that he tossed around were performing to their best, and what cemented the idea is that Superman alone turned around and beat the snot out of him.

Zack M
Despero has owned the league before V&V, so that's not the only time. MM had to use a special telepathic trick that he can only use once in a lifetime to put Despero down.

leonidas
yeah supes has done very well against him on a couple occasions. the v&v feat gtes ABSURDLY blown out of proportion. and yes, stryfe beat a very weakened apocalypse. when at full power apoc has proven to be a team buster and has done well against guys like ikaris (as head eternal) and high evolutionary.

this is by no means a stomp.

Zack M
Well, what has Apoc done in the telepathic department that puts him on Despero level? Has Apoc owned guys like Martian Manhunter?

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Despero has owned the league before V&V, so that's not the only time. MM had to use a special telepathic trick that he can only use once in a lifetime to put Despero down.
Yeah, i hadnt factored in all the mental bullshit; Despero might not need to beat Apoc into a coma.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, i hadnt factored in all the mental bullshit; Despero might not need to beat Apoc into a coma.

I left out Aquaman (Post Crisis) who was a formidable telepath in how own right. Despero mentally dominated BOTH at the same time.

In terms of physical attributes, Despero lifted the ROCK of Eternity, which was stated to have infinite weight. I'm thinking you'll have a hard time finding a feat for Apoc that is equal to that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.