Maul's fight against Vader in Legends?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
Before, I wasn't certain if this was part of C-Canon Legends or not - I think a lot of people weren't certain - but Nova found a legitimate source referring to it. So what do you think?

http://i68.tinypic.com/v8g2o3.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2dqkf2e.jpg

Does this explain why Vader can't overcome old codgers such as ANH Kenobi?

Zenwolf
I'm not seeing what's suppose to be taken from this?

Ursumeles
Isn't it non-canon, even to Legends?
Edit: I mean, a quote refers to it, but what source exactly?

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I'm not seeing what's suppose to be taken from this?

That's because your very special among us Zen, almost precious, please stay that way my beloved.

@URS, it's been referenced in other Legends material, so I think it might actually be a legitimate source of info. Just need to find the Quote...

Ziggystardust
Zenwolf, stop lurking and find the quote for us, it's all you're good for.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
That's because your very special among us Zen, almost precious, please stay that way my beloved.

@URS, it's been referenced in other Legends material, so I think it might actually be a legitimate source of info. Just need to find the Quote...

Insider 83.

But anyway, if the suggestion is that Vader is slow and that's why he couldn't overcome Obi-Wan in ANH. I'm not really seeing the comparison here, Maul would also be much faster than Old Ben and quicker...

Ziggystardust
Get us the quote you fat ****!

Zenwolf
Get us the quote you fat ****!

I posted in my previous post.

Ursumeles
When exactly took the comic took place, again?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ursumeles

Around the time after the Rebels had stolen the DS plans.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Ursumeles

Shortly after ANH, so Vader does get an increase in skill during ESB, but it does legitimately make Galen Marek types > Maul-level in skill.

Zenwolf
Shortly after ANH, so Vader does get an increase in skill during ESB, but it does legitimately make Galen Marek types > Maul-level in skill.

It's around the time of ANH not after.

Ursumeles
Honestly, then I don't see how this is so bad.
I have TPM Maul as high 8 as duelist, and ANH Vader as mid-8.
ESB Vader and RotJ Vader surpass Maul as duelist, tho.

Ziggystardust
This fight kind of makes Vader look like a seven or a six tbh.

Azronger
Didn't you take Insider as non-canon, though, Ziggy?

Anyway, just because the fight itself was referenced, doesn't mean the comic is canon. It's the same thing as with Old Wounds.

Beniboybling
Ziggy decided to change his mind once the alternative suited his purposes. Anyway:

Leland Chee, SW.com Blogs (https://web.archive.org/web/2007012...ron/22/comments)

The Vader vs. Maul brawl is canon? It's not quite the real Darth Maul. Hence the "or something." Who knows, it could have been a vision like Luke confronting Vader on Dagobah or just some sort of Sith illusion. Or a clone. Nothing's been determined as to what we are actually seeing, just that Vader and Maul have a pretty cool battle.

Ziggystardust
I did, I was presented with a quote that validates the Magazine.

Ziggystardust
Beni, Chee's question has already been clarified. There's no need for old news here.

Beniboybling
The quote you provided is outdated by Chee's commentary, and made by sources of inferior authority.

Nor is it technically concrete, as I have already pointed out.

Ziggystardust
Chee's commentary doesn't override anything, lol. Stop getting upset over this. Chee simply opens the matter up to a range of cases, but the Insider article clarifies what we're seeing.

Beniboybling
Chee's commentary doesn't override anything, lol. Stop getting upset over this. Chee simply opens the matter up to a range of cases, but the Insider article clarifies what we're seeing. Yes I know what you think, you've said it a dozen times, I'm sorry the reality isn't to your liking.

Ziggystardust
The reality isn't to your liking Beni, lol. You have no reason to dismiss this source other than personal bias.

Beniboybling
Alright, dear. I'm going to get on with something else now.

Ziggystardust
I understand, and take your concession gladly.

Azronger
Sorry to burst your bubble Ziggy, but:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/4861950-screen+shot+2015-10-18+at+12.53.09+pm.png

Insider 85.

carthage
Zigtard as always failing in debates. Why don't you go to Stormfront and fondle another wingnuts balls?

Ziggystardust
That doesn't look like an insider quote, lol.

Beniboybling
laughing

Zenwolf
Nah it is an Insider quote.

Ziggystardust
still not seeing how this changes anything, it might have happened in a parallel reality, but it just goes to show what would happen if they did resurrect Maul and the two fought.

Zenwolf
Speaking of Insider 85, interestingly enough, the 501st first mission was Knightfall...so they weren't even apart of the Clone Wars apparently as it's noted that the Jedi Temple attack was their Inaugural mission.

Of course obviously that was retconned, but that's something I didn't notice before.

Beniboybling
Stick with the alternate reality Ziggy, it's where you belong. thumb up

Azronger
Nah, I could write a fanfic as accurate as possible, yet it still wouldn't be canon. Not saying Resurrection is accurate, but you get my point (I hope).

All we know is that Vader killed Maul and that's it.

Ziggystardust
I'd say the fight accuraltey depicts how a battle would go down between the two given Vader's performance against Old Ben, so I will still be referencing it.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling

Leland Chee, SW.com Blogs https://web.archive.org/web/2007012...ron/22/comments

The Vader vs. Maul brawl is canon? It's not quite the real Darth Maul. Hence the "or something." Who knows, it could have been a vision like Luke confronting Vader on Dagobah or just some sort of Sith illusion. Or a clone. Nothing's been determined as to what we are actually seeing, just that Vader and Maul have a pretty cool battle.

Thanks Beni! Need this for my debate with Nova.

Darth Thor
Denial is the primary weapon on these boards.

Despite the quotes already making the reality of that fight ambiguous, even in the old Legends it would have been C-Canon, contradicted by a higher T-Canon source in TCW.

|King Joker|
still not seeing how this changes anything, it might have happened in a parallel reality, but it just goes to show what would happen if they did resurrect Maul and the two fought. laughing out loud

Azronger
I'd say the fight accuraltey depicts how a battle would go down between the two given Vader's performance against Old Ben, so I will still be referencing it.

No, the comic is non-canon, period. Don't use it as an argument. Stick to Old Ben.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Azronger
No, the comic is non-canon, period. Don't use it as an argument. Stick to Old Ben.

Here's the thing, Ima still use it. For literary pleasure at least, it's a very good fight and accurately depicting how a young, bright-horned and evil eyed Maul would fight a crippled Darth Vader, the former being in the prime of his strength. It certainly seems to reflect Lucas' vision as far as the expanded universe is concerned - i.e it's closely related to the movies.

Darth Thor
It certainly seems to reflect Lucas' vision as far as the expanded universe is concerned - i.e it's closely related to the movies.

Well for Lucas's actual vision you should refer to TCW Anakin and Maul. For the closest thing to Lucas's vision you should refer to the work his apprentice Filoni is Doing in Rebels.

Old Legends crap like Resurrection though is so far away from Lucas's vision it's ludicrous to bring them both up in the same sentence.

quanchi112
So Maul not being injured critically at all against Tank and her fleeing to Tano wrecking Vader's helmet. Maul ftw. Abc logic for the doubleyaaaaaaaaa !!!

Azronger
Here's the thing, Ima still use it. For literary pleasure at least, it's a very good fight and accurately depicting how a young, bright-horned and evil eyed Maul would fight a crippled Darth Vader, the former being in the prime of his strength. It certainly seems to reflect Lucas' vision as far as the expanded universe is concerned - i.e it's closely related to the movies.

Again, it doesn't matter how accurate the work is. It just doesn't. It's still non-canon.

Ziggystardust
I appreciate your opinion on the matter, I really do, but it's simply too well published to shun. So Ima still use it in debates smile

Darth Thor
And then people wonder why the old EU had to be booted from Official Canon.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
And then people wonder why the old EU had to be booted from Official Canon.

Well I had no problems with it.

Azronger
I appreciate your opinion on the matter, I really do, but it's simply too well published to shun. So Ima still use it in debates smile

I doubt other people will, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.