Lucas Quote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
Anybody have the quote confirming the novelizations were G canon?

SunRazer
G-canon doesn't exist anymore, so it doesn't matter.

UCanShootMyNova
It does for a specific debate I'm in currently.

Beniboybling
Keep praying.

ares834
Novelizations aren't G-canon, they only are G-canon when they match the films.

However Stover has stated, "Though I did not personally watch him do it, I received from LFL a Word document of Revenge of the Sith with Mr Lucas' edits, which was distinct from the edits I'd already gotten from Sue Rostoni and Howard Roffman and the rest of the LFL crew, and this document was edited in such a detailed fashion that even individual words had been struck off and his preferred replacements inserted, as well as some passages wholly excised and some dialogue replaced with the dialogue from the screenplay. If that's not line-editing, I don't know what is.

"What's in that book is there because Mr. Lucas wanted it to be there. What's not in that book is not there because Mr. Lucas wanted it gone.

"Period."

SunRazer
Yeah, the RotS novel is G-canon.

UCanShootMyNova
This applies only to Revenge of the Sith or all the movies?

ares834
Only RotS. But even then, it's not officially confirmed to be G-canon.

SunRazer
G-Canon represents anything Lucas has personally edited/approved, which includes the RotS novel, where he did just that.

ares834
Or so Stover was led to believe. And no, Lucas has worked on, edited, and approved many projects that aren't G-canon.

Beniboybling
You have something to support this Nova? Because:

SunRazer
Well, there is an older 1994 quote that deems the radio drama, screenplays and novelizations "canon", but you could argue in what capacity.

Besides, your quote would imply that the novels are G-canon where they don't contradict the films, so there is that.

Zenwolf
But then what counts as contradicting? Because the novelizations don't have word for word telling what the movies show.

SunRazer
I'd assume that expository writing doesn't count as a contradiction. But a blatant difference in depiction of events would count as a contradiction.

Darth Thor
Owen being Ben's brother is a contradiction.

But tbh that's such a massive change it leads me to believe you can't really count anything from Pre-Prequel novels anymore. We need updated versions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.