Star Wars plot hole?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

relentless1
So in Attack of the Clones, Palpatine has been Chancellor for 10 years, the novels and other sources that are canon explicitly state that a Chancellor gets two 4 years terms.. like the president... its also stated that they let him stay in until the Separatist crisis passed, but at the beginning of Attack of the Clones, two years have passed since Palpatine was to be booted out and the crisis wasn't at a emergency point at the beginning of that movie...so how exactly did Sids stay in there for two extra years??

Kurk
Just like how Putin did it.

ANAKIN: The Chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-Wan. He befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here.

OBI-WAN: That is why you must help us, Anakin. Our allegiance is to the Senate, not to its leader who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired.

ANAKIN: Master, the Senate demanded that he stay longer.

OBI-WAN: Yes, but use your feelings, Anakin. Something is out of place.

ares834
Poor writing.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
Just like how Putin did it.

ANAKIN: The Chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-Wan. He befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here.

OBI-WAN: That is why you must help us, Anakin. Our allegiance is to the Senate, not to its leader who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired.

ANAKIN: Master, the Senate demanded that he stay longer.

OBI-WAN: Yes, but use your feelings, Anakin. Something is out of place.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.