Senya vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
TPM Maul, prime Senya. Battle takes place in Theed Palace on Naboo.

Round 1: Lightsabers
Round 2: Force
Round 3: All out

Ursumeles
Maul dies.
Seriously speaking, Maul wins every round, every time

Geistalt
Maul thrashes her; his Force power's closer to that of Obi-Wan, Shaak Ti, and Zakuulan Exarchs, and his lightsaber skills prop him up to Tyranus' tier as an overall combatant.

UCanShootMyNova
Force doesn't matter since Sneya has already managed to resist a far superior force user in Vaylin. I'd say they're pretty even as lightsaber combatants. All out I could see going either way. Leaning Senya overall.

Geistalt
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Force doesn't matter since Sneya has already managed to resist a far superior force user in Vaylin. I'd say they're pretty even as lightsaber combatants. All out I could see going either way. Leaning Senya overall. I'm just saying he's not weak enough to get fodderized (and more in the tier of someone she'd "never want to cross"wink, and has some exceptional dueling feats.

UCanShootMyNova
Yep.

Jmanghan
Force doesn't matter since Sneya has already managed to resist a far superior force user in Vaylin. I'd say they're pretty even as lightsaber combatants. All out I could see going either way. Leaning Senya overall. ...What made you come to the conclusion that Maul is less powerful then Senya?

Vaylin hasn't impressed me, all talk, no feats, unimpressive asf.

I'm also not willing to take Lana's word that the Outlander and her couldn't take Vaylin at the time.

On a sidenote, her showing against the Zakuul knights didn't impress me either.

UCanShootMyNova
Didn't say he was less powerful just that Force shouldn't matter here.

Destroying the upper part of a skyscraper and throwing its debris is impressive imo.

Whyever not?

Whyever not?

Jmanghan
Didn't say he was less powerful just that Force shouldn't matter here.

Destroying the upper part of a skyscraper and throwing its debris is impressive imo.

Whyever not?

Whyever not?
Fair enough.

Fair Enough.

I don't think Lana knows how powerful Outlander really is.

Zakuul knights are just that, featless Zakuul knights.

DarthDuelist9
Maul probably takes it in an amazing fight, unless Senya becomes even more badass in KotET.

Jmanghan
Ik those are stupid reasons, but meh.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Fair enough.

Fair Enough.

She already knows the Outlander so she should have a pretty good idea.

A Zakuul knight has defeated Lana in a lightsaber fight while two Knights have manipulated half a dozen big plates, everything but featless.

MythLord
I like both of them, but they're both failures... Senya sweeps. She is less of a failure.

DarthDuelist9
Oh wait, it's TPM Maul, Senya might take it.

Beniboybling
Force doesn't matter since Sneya has already managed to resist a far superior force user in Vaylin. I'd say they're pretty even as lightsaber combatants. All out I could see going either way. Leaning Senya overall. Whose best combative feat is throwing a bit of metal at her mother.

Geistalt
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Oh wait, it's TPM Maul, Senya might take it. Didn't notice that; Senya might take sabers.

Jmanghan
I mean, her best feat is taking down Vaylin in lightsaber combat, but Vaylin is more known for her force abilities.

DarthDuelist9
Vaylin has collapsed part of a skyscraper so that's a bit more then "a piece of metal"

Beniboybling
Outside of combat yeah, there is no evidence to suggest she can bring that level of power to bear in a fight.

Deronn_solo
Maul, lmao.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Fair enough. But haven't they interacted before?

They're the equal of the Jedi and Sith in the TOR era so it's an impressive showing regardless.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Outside of combat yeah, there is no evidence to suggest she can bring that level of power to bear in a fight.

Why wouldn't she?

Beniboybling
Why didn't she you mean, considering she failed to ragdoll Senya where Heskel one shotted. Maybe because she's young, experienced and still gaining control over her powers?

UCanShootMyNova
Or maybe Senya simply has a prodigious force barrier similar to Kas'im another extremely skilled duelist who aren't themselves devoted force practitioners. smile

Beniboybling
Right.

DarthDuelist9
Why didn't she you mean, considering she failed to ragdoll Senya where Heskel one shotted. Maybe because she's young, experienced and still gaining control over her powers?

Because she couldn't ragdoll Senya obviously, Heskal ambushed her.

Geistalt
Or maybe Senya simply has a prodigious force barrier similar to Kas'im another extremely skilled duelist who aren't themselves devoted force practitioners. smile Sounds more likely that Vaylin was too distracted to use TK optimally.

Beniboybling
Heskal ambushed her. While she was combat ready, and expecting an attack. Oh the excuses. smile

Geistalt
'Cause that's what happens when you have to worry about getting stabbed.

DarthDuelist9
While she was combat ready, and expecting an attack. Oh the excuses. smile

Yeah because there were other scions there to, Heskal was far from alone which logically means her focus was divided.

Beniboybling
Who cares? He still broke through her defenses and KO'ed her.

UCanShootMyNova
Who cares?

Anybody who cares to accurately assess a character? Lmao.

Beniboybling
Alright, Syn, sorry I insulted Senya while you were jacking off to her.

UCanShootMyNova
You are forgiven. thumb up

Beniboybling
Thanks, Maul still sweeps tho. smile

DarthDuelist9
Who cares? He still broke through her defenses and KO'ed her.

Because she's caught off guard and so can't mount a proper defense in time?

Beniboybling
That's the case for the vast majority of ragdoll instances, he still had to break her shields first to pull it off.

Altogether it doesn't make a very compelling case for Senya have e88t-tier Force defenses.

UCanShootMyNova
Best edit that before you look like any more like a major scrub then you already do, Mr. E88t. smile

Beniboybling
that was deliberate you fugg

UCanShootMyNova
:uhuh:

Solar Power
Maul should sweep.

DarthDuelist9
That's the case for the vast majority of ragdoll instances, he still had to break her shields first to pull it off.

Altogether it doesn't make a very compelling case for Senya have e88t-tier Force defenses.

No he hadn't, her defenses weren't focused on him. The fact that Vaylin, probably a superior Force user compared to Maul, did everything she could in her fight against Senya and yet still didn't attack her directly speakes volumes, it's a far better way to judge her defenses then some vague situation.

Beniboybling
No he hadn't, her defenses weren't focused on him.Unless your about to argue she was defenceless DD, you really don't have a point. And now you're just shooting yourself in the foot, if "everything she could" amounts to lifting up a bit of metal and throwing it, we come full circle i.e. Vaylin is simply not a very good Force combatant.

UCanShootMyNova
He's arguing her focus was diverted between multiple sources and thus her overall defense was weaker.

Beniboybling
Which still means Heskel would have had to break her defenses, quite.

UCanShootMyNova
It would mean he'd have to break through much weaker then normal defenses.

Beniboybling
That's a pretty arbitary claim to make, ngl.

Regardless, but all accounts Vaylin is much more powerful than Heskel, and he knocked Senya out. So Vaylin should be at the very least able to grip Senya if given the opportunity and/or had full grasp over her powers.

But the bottomline is we never see Senya defend against Vaylin's Force powers with her own, and her performance against Heskel does nothing to substantiate your claim.

cs_zoltan
Weird you don't apply the same principle to Assoka smile

Beniboybling
I do these days, and because of it, everyone else will suffer. smile

DarthDuelist9
I'm going to make this short because you actually managed to make me lose my patience. Senya's defenses are diverted because she's (trying) to focus on multiple sources, so her defenses aren't comparable to the ones she can put up in a 1 vs 1 situation. Let me even give you another example, in S4 from TCW Savage manages to defeat Obi-Wan in a few blows because he latter had to devide his focus between Maul and Savage (unless you're willing to argue that Savage >>> Obi-Wan and thus Maul >>>>> Obi-Wan because he stomped Savage).

Beniboybling
Lelelelel, don't bust a hernia on my account.

Aside from your trollop example though I've addressed all of that already.

UCanShootMyNova
That's a pretty arbitary claim to make, ngl.

Regardless, but all accounts Vaylin is much more powerful than Heskel, and he knocked Senya out. So Vaylin should be at the very least able to grip Senya if given the opportunity and/or had full grasp over her powers.

But the bottomline is we never see Senya defend against Vaylin's Force powers with her own, and her performance against Heskel does nothing to substantiate your claim.

Not a claim as it's a pretty common occurrence in Star Wars. Regardless who's to say Vaylin has full control of her powers by this point?

DarthDuelist9
Lelelelel, don't bust a hernia on my account.

Aside from your trollop example though I've addressed all of that already.

You've adressed nothing, you just denied it while my "trollop example" only reinforces my argument, so yes I accept your concession.

Beniboybling
Not a claim as it's a pretty common occurrence in Star Wars. Regardless who's to say Vaylin has full control of her powers by this point? 1. And which of these occurrences proves the decline in defence is dramatic?

2. Her lacklustre TK attack against Senya?

cs_zoltan
Stalemate. When the fighting ends, no one will continue fighting.

S_W_LeGenD
Unless your about to argue she was defenceless DD, you really don't have a point. And now you're just shooting yourself in the foot, if "everything she could" amounts to lifting up a bit of metal and throwing it, we come full circle i.e. Vaylin is simply not a very good Force combatant.
A bit of metal? LMAO

https://i.imgur.com/Ca9ARgV.mp4

Beniboybling
Sorry, a fairly large bit of metal.

UCanShootMyNova
1. And which of these occurrences proves the decline in defence is dramatic?

2. Her lacklustre TK attack against Senya?

Kanan and the Inquisitors. When he's facing both of them at once his focus is diverted and the SS is able to choke him despite later engagements ending as stalemates until other external factors came into play.

Yes. Not to mention it's her own mother she's fighting so she's obviously going to be emotionally conflicted.

Beniboybling
Because he got stronger. confused

Bingo.

UCanShootMyNova
To the point he closes a gap that's supposedly substantial enough for him to get choked despite only having minimally weakened defenses? :/

Cool.

Alright, I'm off to school.

Tondemonai
Maul
Senya wrecks
Eh, probably Senya since she'll probably ragdoll him before he closes the distance

Beniboybling
To the point he closes a gap that's supposedly substantial enough for him to get choked despite only having minimally weakened defenses? :/

Cool.

Alright, I'm off to school. I hope u miss ur bus.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Senya wrecks
Eh, probably Senya since she'll probably ragdoll him before he closes the distance Whatever you say.

Geistalt
In fact, it's mentioned somewhere in the Plagueis novel that Maul isn't as good a lightsaber combatant as he deems himself (although he's definitely a cut above the rest), and Senya hasn't exhibited any impressive TK feats other than ragdolling the Outlander (who arguably didn't expect it from one of their allies) and countering Vaylin's TK (which she might've accomplished by distracting her, thanks to having the upper hand in terms of lightsabers).

Tondemonai
Senya ragolling the Outlander is more than a good enough feat to support her shitting on Maul

Geistalt
Senya ragolling the Outlander is more than a good enough feat to support her shitting on Maul Yeah; no. Her advantage lies in lightsaber combat.

Geistalt
As the "Betrayal" trailer demonstrates.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Geistalt
As the "Betrayal" trailer demonstrates.

Tbh her showings in it were impressive, but not enough for me to put her solidly above Maul as of yet.

Geistalt
Tbh her showings in it were impressive, but not enough for me to put her solidly above Maul as of yet. Well, if anything, she should be stronger there.

Tondemonai
Not seeing it atm. I personally need to see more stuff from her to make a solid estimate of her saber prowess, but casually taking out all those Scions (I think they were Scions?) does give me a good idea of how she'd do. It would be a good fight, but Maul still probably wins sabers IMO. Why don't you see her taking Force?

Geistalt

Tondemonai
laughing out loud

Tondemonai
Lifting boulders is not comparable to using the Force offensively against a Force user who themself are stronger than Maul.

Geistalt
Lifting boulders is not comparable to using the Force offensively against a Force user who themself are stronger than Maul. And when did Senya do that?

Geistalt
And, for that matter, did she do it without a gesture?

It looked way more impressive in Maul's pre-TPM respect thread, by the way.

Solar Power
Senya ragolling the Outlander is more than a good enough feat to support her shitting on Maul

I'm trying to find where she did that and am coming up short. Which chapter was that?

Nephthys

Nephthys
Lana ragdolls Maul too tbh.

DarthAnt66
I hope you apply these standards to Vader. laughing out loud

Geistalt
Originally posted by Nephthys
LMAO!

Senya helped lift a capital ship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA63Q72Iunk&index=6&list=PLMpNwDjXWh0y8XI-AYi7BpNIjfm2-dc3J

6.40 onwards I played the game, its thrusters were already active (meaning it only needed to be lifted the first few however many meters, since it wasn't in an ideal situation for lifting off), she had to see it and make a physical gesture, and she did that with the help of Lana (and probably the Outlander too, tbh).

Emperordmb
I'd side with Maul honestly.

Nephthys
I played the game, its thrusters were already active (meaning it only needed to be lifted the first few however many meters, since it wasn't in an ideal situation for lifting off), she had to see it and make a physical gesture, and she did that with the help of Lana (and probably the Outlander too, tbh).

Its thrusters only start after a bit, we see them starting up. Regardless of how long they had to lift it for, lifting it at all is hundreds of times superior to lifting a rock.

cs_zoltan
I played the game, its thrusters were already active (meaning it only needed to be lifted the first few however many meters, since it wasn't in an ideal situation for lifting off), she had to see it and make a physical gesture, and she did that with the help of Lana (and probably the Outlander too, tbh).

And on a nexus. Bane would be proud.

Beniboybling
Lana and the Outlander were probably carrying her too.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah, but Senya's >>> Beniko so she and the Outlander were probably carrying most of it.

Solar Power
I found the "ragdolling" feat, it's in Chapter 8. Underwhelming to say the least, it's just Senya pushing an unsuspecting Outlander who was preparing to duel with Vaylin. The distance she threw him is pretty good, but not exactly what I would call an impressive combat feat. It's inferior to Maul force pushing Kenobi across a tunnel while Kenobi was combat ready.

Solar Power
Perhaps I spoke too soon. Upon reviewing both feats I mentioned above, they are very similar, with Senya and Maul force pushing a saber ready opponent. But I have to say, that while Kenobi was going on the offensive against Maul and got promptly sent flying, the Outlander was about to defend against Vaylin's lightsaber attack, which I think is the key difference. The Outlander was clearly not preparing to defend against a force attack, much less one from the unexpected Senya.

I think Silver mentioned in a debate once that landing force pushes against opponents during battle isn't a distinct showing of telekinetic dominance, to which I agree. Maul has shown to break through Kenebi's defense multiple times however, while Senya is limited to this instance.

Senya's good, but Maul is just better imo.

Ursumeles
B U M P

DarthDuelist9
Maul, solidly

Ursumeles
Oh wait, it's TPM Maul, Senya might take it.
Not this? smile

Nephthys
Senya

NewGuy01
Any incarnation of Maul would win. Senya's more of a Qui-Gon class.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Not this? smile

Back then I was in my "Senya wank" fase stick out tongue

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Any incarnation of Maul would win. Senya's more of a Qui-Gon class.

Nah. With KotFE out she's above that. Plus her Gravestone feat is incredible.

Beniboybling
I wa amazed yeah.

carthage
Maul lost to TPM Obi wan, couldn't land a strike on a dog, and lost to Kanan Jarrus. Senya probably takes this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.