How Powerful is Maul in Relation to Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
As the title asks, how close is Maul to Dooku in sowrd-skills and Force power really?

UCanShootMyNova
Moderately close in his prime.

Emperordmb
In swordsmanship they're pretty damn close, and I don't really see that much of a disparity at all.

In Force power, I favor Dooku since I believe his cruiser feat does put him noticeably above Maul in TK (even if I don't hold that feat to the same lofty ideal some others seem to).

darthbane77
Hmm. Maybe my analysis of Maul is a bit skewed after all.

ares834
Quite a bit behind.

Kurk
Not in the same tier as an overall combatant; pretty close in pure sabers, with the biggest disparity being in Force knowledge and applied combat effectiveness.

relentless1
Originally posted by darthbane77
As the title asks, how close is Maul to Dooku in sowrd-skills and Force power really?

not very stick out tongue

Deronn_solo
Same tier in Force and skill, honestly.

MythLord
Is inferior, but by how much is debatable.

Darth Thor
Maul's physical peak was in those Chicken legs IMO. So by Revival when his power and skill had grown tremendously since his resurrection (according to Savage), I can see that Maul giving Dooku a very difficult time, perhaps even beating him.

After those legs were blown off though he was always solidly below Dooku IMO.

carthage
vastly inferior

SunRazer
Depends on your metric for sword skills. As a pure fencer, Dooku's noticeably better. Adding in Maul's martial arts and physicality (however overrated I find them to be), and he's quite close. Enough to pressure the Count considerably, but not enough to really win for more than 2 or 3 out of 10 rounds at best.

With the Force, Dooku's on an entirely different level - both with respects to effective power and general Force mastery.

Nephthys
trash

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SunRazer
Depends on your metric for sword skills. As a pure fencer, Dooku's noticeably better. Adding in Maul's martial arts and physicality (however overrated I find them to be), and he's quite close.

That's why I think Maul with the huge robotic legs would be the closest. Such huge physical strength would benefit him a lot against Dooku.

Beniboybling
Very close as lightsaber combatants and Force users, Dooku's cruiser feat is a persasuive argument for him being more above Maul in the Force, but Maul's gross superiority to Savage balances it out imo.

Darth Thor
^ Of course that gross superiority over Savage was with the Chicken legs wink

Beniboybling
His legs don't give him power you fugg.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
His legs don't give him power you fugg.

They give him strength, strength... Makes him stronger.. Give him harder kicks, makes him harder..

DarthAnt66
Equal as a swordsman, behind in the Force.

DarthDuelist9
With or without chicken legs, he stomped Savage either way since he already had him at his mercy after disarming him

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
With or without chicken legs, he stomped Savage either way since he already had him at his mercy after disarming him

True but he pinned that physical beast down very quickly with those legs.

I'm just saying that was clearly Maul's "physical" peak, and him being so expert at melee, and given he'd already grown a lot in the Force by that time (Revival), I can see that version of Maul giving Dooku hell more so than any other version.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah, his martial arts in combination with those legs are OP

Kurk
The thing is that any advantage he gains over Dooku in sabers or physicals will be negated by his superior force ability.

Maul and Dooku might be fairly close in terms of raw power (midichlorian count) with Maul maybe even surpassing him idk, but Dooku is far more refined and knowledgeable.

Petrus
Originally posted by SunRazer
Depends on your metric for sword skills. As a pure fencer, Dooku's noticeably better. Adding in Maul's martial arts and physicality (however overrated I find them to be), and he's quite close. Enough to pressure the Count considerably, but not enough to really win for more than 2 or 3 out of 10 rounds at best.

With the Force, Dooku's on an entirely different level - both with respects to effective power and general Force mastery.

Azronger
Gets quickly dismantled in a swordsmanship bout, and incapacitated with one Force push or Lightning storm in a wizarding duel.

Darth Thor
Think some of you may be overstating the Force gap between Maul and Dooku.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ares834
Quite a bit behind.

Kurk
I'd like to hear Quanchi's opinion on this

Darth Thor
Lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
I'd like to hear Quanchi's opinion on this Begging for his former masters thoughts on this once again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.